The online racing simulator
Best Graphics
(22 posts, started )
Best Graphics
I'm wandering what options I can enable so that I have an outstanding looking game. I'm talking 1680 * 1050, etc...

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3.0GHz
Corsair XMS 2GB DDR 800
Evga 8800GT SuperClock 512MB
ASUS Crosshair Motherboard
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music
Western Digital 250GB SATA HDD
Samsung 226BW 22" Widescreen @ 2ms Responce Time
Razer DeathAdder Mouse w/ Razer Exact Mat

Thanks
32x AA 64x AF

And your sound card, hard drive, and mouse don't have much to do with graphics...you could probably leave them off the list.
Probably all of them I guess. I don't know.

Resolution is going to make little difference on modern computers.

It runs flawlessly on my MacBook Pro which is a dual core 2.4ghz, 2G ram, 512MB Nvidia card with everything maxed out at 4XAA, 16XAF.

Had some teething problems but new DirectX and drivers install and all was fine.
Quote from UncleBenny :And your sound card, hard drive, and mouse don't have much to do with graphics...you could probably leave them off the list.

Are you kidding? I overclocked my hard-drive to 42,000 RPM and it practically doubled my framerate!!!
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Are you kidding? I overclocked my hard-drive to 42,000 RPM and it practically doubled my framerate!!!

I sure hope you put extra fans on that thing!
Quote from UncleBenny :I sure hope you put extra fans on that thing!

It's water-cooled of course. Trust me, when you have 4 hard-drives spinning at 40,000+RPM, a few fans aren't enough!
So you're the guy who's disturbing seismic stations around the world. Everything makes sense now!
Quote from Stang70Fastback :It's water-cooled of course. Trust me, when you have 4 hard-drives spinning at 40,000+RPM, a few fans aren't enough!

I have tried overclocking my fans to 40.000 RPM, but then i could not hear if my engin was running.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :So you're the guy who's disturbing seismic stations around the world. Everything makes sense now!

Yeah, I'm trying to work out that problem. The 12 disk platters spinning at that speed tend to create subtle shifts in the space-time continuum. I bolted my case to the floor (it had a tendency to rotate counter-clockwise in a hover state a few feet off the ground) but as a result, the continuum is now tugging the earth slightly, and it's slightly spinning the North American Tectonic Plate clockwise (like grabbing the rotors on a helicopter will force the whole helicopter to start spinning.) I'm pretty certain that if I add 4 more hard drives and mount them upside down, it should cancel out the effects, but I can't afford any right now, so you'll all have to live with the small tremors until then.
!ydaerla nwod sgniht esoht wolS

...sdrawkcab gninnur saw emit ekil smees ti yhw gnirednow neeb ev'I
Quote from mrodgers :!ydaerla nwod sgniht esoht wolS

...sdrawkcab gninnur saw emit ekil smees ti yhw gnirednow neeb ev'I

That's nothing! You should see the English papers that come out of the printer which sits right next to it!
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Are you kidding? I overclocked my hard-drive to 42,000 RPM and it practically doubled my framerate!!!

Heh, I don't know whether you are serious or not with that since I'm bad at sensing sarcasm, but I'd just want to say that it might be possible to make a harddisk to spin faster, but the circuits won't have time to read the information on the disk, as the harddrive is made for a certain amount of RPMs.
Quote from [SWE]RE :Heh, I don't know whether you are serious or not with that since I'm bad at sensing sarcasm...

...you didn't read the rest of the thread, did you?
so where about do I make the advanced settings to my video, such as the AA and AF?
#18 - Jakg
Link in my signature to make thing bootiful.
Basically you want to open up the nVidia Control Panel (from the other Control Panel, lol) and there should be a section where you can specify "override" settings for each individual video game for AA, AS and other effects. That's a start anyway.
Quote from [SWE]RE :As I said, I'm bad at sensing sarcasm. ;]

I sense a little sarcasm in your comment

Just because its irrelevant in LFS doesn't mean its a bad thing to list.

Games with significant load times will depend on hard drive as well as ones that have to write/read disk during play.

A sound card that pulls its own weight so to speak can help in other games as well. In BF2 when I got my new soundcard I went from medium settings to ultra high(only talking about the sound settings here), and saw a noticeable increase in frame rate because it can help share the load.

your right on the mouse though, but its at least nice seeing someone provide detail when asking for tech help, don't discourage him

The game is DX7 or 8...it doesn't take much to max it out, I think looking really good is more of an artistic touch with your nVidia control panel.
Quote from RedCoupe :Just because its irrelevant in LFS doesn't mean its a bad thing to list.

You're absolutely right. I just ran with the first comment because the opportunity presented itself I prefer that people post their entire configurations anyway because otherwise I'm curious as to what the rest of their PC is.

However, for the question you were asking, he is TECHNICALLY right because only the CPU, RAM and GFX really come into play as far as tweaking the system.

Best Graphics
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG