The online racing simulator
Bouncing rev limiter
(34 posts, started )
What? How can you not notice when suddenly your car stops accelerating, the revs stop increasing, and it sounds a bit odd? A deaf blind man with no fingers could tell when the limiter cuts in without actually playing LFS, it's that obvious.
Some cars, not all. I hope it is ''at the moment'' and devs will tend on that. Earlier it felt realistic when you was going out from corner on RWD and pushing engine to max and only then shift became. Now you feel limitation of your powerful.
Before you ran out of power before the limiter kicked in. Now, as with real life, you tend to have quite a lot of motive force remaining when the limiter kicks in (the limit point has nothing to do with the peak power point), and so it's more 'annoying', but more realistic.
OK, then something is wrong with Rpm feeling. 6k sounds like 4k? Isn't it? Or i'm just annoying you?
There was a discussion about this some time ago. Some felt, with 'evidence' that the sound wasn't produced at the right frequency for the rpm, but Scawen said he checked and found nothing wrong. By all means try to restart that topic if you feel there is a problem

Tried looking on RSC and this forum for the thread, but failed. Can anyone else remember it? It was something to do with the engine sound frequency being about half the engine frequency, and I'm pretty sure Todd got involved with his engine sound system.
I only know that LFS sound engine should be improved and overlooked .
It could be worse - it could sound like GTR2 or rFactor, and then we'd all be in tears! Or even worse, nK!
No, no, no. I think we won't use the same sound engine as all other 10 simulator's. That's why we have our own made engine, devs of course . And it makes us different, unchangable.

So, better then now can't be anything, as another engine.
Quote from PioneerLv :No, no, no. I think we won't use the same sound engine as all other 10 simulator's. That's why we have our own made engine, devs of course . And it makes us different, unchangable.

So, better then now can't be anything, as another engine.

Excatly Thats why we ARE the best but to me there are only a few things i don't 'MIND' changing or atleast be able to change. One being the rev limiter thang... I luv to drift and i do in real life as time attack and street race () but yeah I'm not saying to change it entirely but atleast have some option to have it bounce mechanically or soething or other... and the revs ARE CORRECT like tristian said u may have to modify you finals to match ur pref depending on your likeing and your vehicle but it IS REAL (not saying there may not be a few power thang to bug out) but for instance Drifting there isnt a real power cut or slow merge into power displacement other than gear shift debounce but you CAN and probably will get used to it lol anyways.. The smoke i wish could be thicker like with the earlier mod that came into play with other previous versions (very previous) of LFS but not too much like pro street that stuff makes me mad when its fake!!! but alittle more.... and a wider selection of tires in general... Chamber range... a wider range of weight displacement.. Rims (need i say more) *deep dish* hint hint... hehe..

Basically this is what i think but DON'T TAKE AWAY THE REALISM AND SHEAR GREATNESS OF LFS CAUSE IT IS AWESOME OMG!!! I CAN'T SAY THAT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

Bouncing rev limiter
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG