The online racing simulator
Basic Questions Beginners
(52 posts, started )
Hello...
im a newbie on lfs and i'd like to ask some basic questions...
Do i need an S2 licence to play online ? Generally do i need license to play with mods on my PC ?
are all the mods free?(no charge..?)

I've installed the LFS on my pc i didn't like the it in the beggining when no sounds were playing and awfull grapchics ... :P
So i saw the videos from youtube from others with the mods on the game and it was great...

What i want to do is...
Add very good textures , configure my wheel, add some cars and especially BMW e36 + e46 models on stock cars and tuned with turbo(at least the sound :P) and some tracks ..
aaaaaaand... drift drift drift drift..............
1) No you don't need an S2 license to play online, but the race quality is obviously much better on S2 licensed servers
2) There are no mods - apart from textures and sounds, which you can for example find here
#3 - garph
You can play the demo online.
You can get some add-ons to improve the graphics (better quality textures). Also adding things like AA and AF helps as well.
You should have sounds, you'll have to check your settings for that.
There are guides to help you setup your wheel.
There are no mods to add additional cars or tracks.
no extra cars?
you mean it has inside the game the bmw m3 ?
#5 - garph
The cars you get when you buy an S2 license are here: http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents

There are NO real life cars and you CANNOT add any cars.

EDIT: I suggest you read everything on that site, it will answer many questions.
#8 - garph
Looks like a LFS car with a skin made to look like a BMW.
Quote from garph :The cars you get when you buy an S2 license are here: http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents

There are NO real life cars and you CANNOT add any cars.

EDIT: I suggest you read everything on that site, it will answer many questions.

There ARE RL cars in LFS: MRT5, Raceabout, BMW Sauber, Formula BMW FB02.
If you truely know what you are doing, it is possible to edit the game and introduce completely new vehicles. However, very, very few people know how to acheive this, and the process of how it is done means that you are unable to play online with any additional modifications (unless the person hosting the game has the exact same changes).

There is a program called LFSTune (or Tweak) which will allow you to change the characteristics of the vehicles, but this is a third party, unofficial modification, and does not work for demo users, nor does it work online unless the server has the exact same changes.

So whilst there are unofficial modifications to LFS, they are not incorporated into the sim itself.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :There ARE RL cars in LFS: MRT5, Raceabout, BMW Sauber, Formula BMW FB02.

Oh yeah, those ones! I meant things like the tin top cars.
ah ok...thanks for the info..
something else...i have logitech g25 ...
i configured the steering at 900degrees and ingame(for now bmw m3 challenge at 37 degrees ) i cant drift because i cant control the gas pedal very good...
i dont like it's sensitivity... can i configure it ?
it starts accelerating when i press it about at 20% ...the difference then from 50% to 100% its very big...
Sounds like a setup issue, rather than a G25 problem tbh bladegt. I'd check by enabling "Show Pedals" under the options, which will draw a green bar on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, when you press the accelerator. If it's detecting the movement correctly, you should see it moving up the screen linearly. If not then it sounds like you've used something like DXTweak to configure the pedal input previously.

Dont forget that if you're using a setup designed for a mouse, isn't not going to be as suitable for a wheel.
Recalibrate your axes by going to esc>controls>axes>recalibrate axes.
i've only configured from the control panel of the windows/game controllers /advanced the pedals to be separated... so i can press brake + gas together...and the wheel at 900 degrees.... i haven't touch anything else at the wheel's configuration...after this i only change the game's configuration..

P.S i'm not playing LFS yet,i have just tested it... im playing bmw m3 challenge...but the pedal is the same in all games (GTR 2,bmw m3 chall., lfs , rfactor)
Recalibrate in-game and it should work.

EDIT: o
the in-game sensitivity setup is it good to leave it at 50% ? for the pedals ? and the best force feedback for drifting and for realism is it good at 100%
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!i forgot!!!!!!!!
centering spring in the configuration of the wheel...
should i disable it? does this matches to the real life?
(i think no..am i wrong?)
Yes, centering spring should be disabled.
so...is it very difficult (or else possible for me..) to do something like this ...
VEEEEEEEEEEEEERY high resolution textures ... in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27HrcmpW5RY video i see very realistic graphics and some cars i want to drive (play with the skins as you said )
That's rFactor, it's a different game.
yes sorry.. wrong link but anyway same things...
i saw a same video for LFS with the same textures
i have a little problem on LFS..
i cant calibrate right the wheel...
the brake/gas pedals works inverted..i changed the option which says invert brake and invert accelerate..
ok with this...
i've changed the buttons for the gears but i cant change the gears in game..and i dont have a clutch
Logitech G25..
Do you have auto clutch enabled, and sequental gears enabled?
Aswell, to change gears in some cars, you need to lift of the trottle. It`s because of the new patch and clutch stuff that have been added.

(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG