The online racing simulator
#1 - 2zas
Problems with license when restart the pc
Well, since i´ve installed the Y pacth, when i restart or shut down my pc and then star it, i run the game and....my license is demo!!!!! So, i don´t know what happens. Then I use an unlock and my license is ok, but for me its a problem. Could you help me and say me if it´s my problem or a bug? Thanks so much and sorry for my English.

Edit: the support of LFS says me this:
"Please check if your data/misc folder is set to read only. If it is then change it to writeable and you should no longer have a problem."

I try this, and it seems to be good, but today i have the same problem again.
Someone could help me??? THANKS
#2 - 2zas
Help please!
Im getting the same, any help would be much appreciated.
do you guys use hibernation or standby a lot?
iirc this can cause problems with the unlocking of lfs
#5 - 2zas
Quote from Shotglass :do you guys use hibernation or standby a lot?
iirc this can cause problems with the unlocking of lfs

No, i have them off. Another solution??
I never use hibernation or standby, its pointless
2zas ive just installed a fresh version of LFS and its fine now, it must be Y8 that was doing it cos it was fine before i installed that
Hi i have the same problem i have gone through 3 LFS installs and today i am without lfs as i have no more unlocks, also i have to put my computer on standby or it will put me back to demo if i turn it off. So please Devs start sorting this out.

Ben
do you install the test patches with each new install you do?
Yes i have installed them i just need the unlocks, but devs are responding
well i only had the problem after installing the Y8 - Y10 test patches so if i were you i would just leave it at the Y version that you download from the main site
It must be cause you havent gone online there might be a thing like go on it for a hour and it might save but if you just go on for about 10mins then it might not save.. i don't know.
#13 - 2zas
Quote from trebor901 :2zas ive just installed a fresh version of LFS and its fine now, it must be Y8 that was doing it cos it was fine before i installed that

Sorry, but what means Y8 or Y10?? I think that is the version of the patch, but....how I see the version I´m using??
Now, I´m using the version of the main page of LFS. There is another?
Thanks for answer me!!
#14 - wien
Y8 and Y10 are test patches available from the test patch forum. Do not install them unless you're willing to accept a few bugs and/or problems while Scawen polishes them for release. Also please read and understand the rules of the test patch forum before posting there if you have a bug report.
#15 - 2zas
Quote from wien :Y8 and Y10 are test patches available from the test patch forum. Do not install them unless you're willing to accept a few bugs and/or problems while Scawen polishes them for release. Also please read and understand the rules of the test patch forum before posting there if you have a bug report.

Thanks for answer me.
But, there is someone that happens the same to me with the license? If I dont have any test patch, why lost my license when I restart computer?
All in my pc it´s ok, no virus, no malware, windows totally ok.
Thanks!!
Maybe you have Vista and LFS in Program Files folder. Try running it with admin privileges or move LFS somewhere else.
#17 - 2zas
Quote from breadfan :Maybe you have Vista and LFS in Program Files folder. Try running it with admin privileges or move LFS somewhere else.

I have Xp Pro Sp2 and administrator´s privilege. I try to reinstall LFS and happens the same. I try to move the folder and....the same.
Don´t understand what happens!!
Same here, every time I update to a new patch it goes back to demo mode, eating away another unlock...
A new patch usually requires a new unlock, if the unlocking code has changed. This is not relevant to the discussion omrimon. Also you get an additional unlock every friday to a limit of 2, so using unlocks is not a relevant problem for regular updates.
#20 - 2zas
OMG, today I start LFS and...demo license again (and I don´t turn off the pc). What the hell is going on????
Now I don´t have more unlocks (3 unlocks lost in one week.......).
Could be a IP problem??
If some admin is seeing this post, could give me some help?
Thanks all!!
I actually had this happen when I installed a new processor, so it seems like... maybe, if the game detects a change in the system, it requires an unlock(I imagine this may be to prevent people from copying/burning and putting on a friends computer, basically stealing it). Is the battery on your motherboard good, like do you lose settings, time&date, anything like that? Or do you make any major changes to your system, on a regular basis? This is unlikely but could cause it.
#22 - 2zas
Quote from DHRammstein :I actually had this happen when I installed a new processor, so it seems like... maybe, if the game detects a change in the system, it requires an unlock(I imagine this may be to prevent people from copying/burning and putting on a friends computer, basically stealing it). Is the battery on your motherboard good, like do you lose settings, time&date, anything like that? Or do you make any major changes to your system, on a regular basis? This is unlikely but could cause it.

The only thing I do was install a new hdd. But, I try to reinstall the game 2 or 3 times, in different paths and I cant solution the problem. The batteri its ok, no problems with time, etc...
The unly program that dont save the config (only the license - the game settings are always ok-) is LFS.
hm laptop... you sure it doesnt go into standby if you close the lid?

you could try 1 procedure
1) do a clean reboot and unlock a fresh install of lfs right after
2) if that copy locks itself back up try rebooting and see if its unlocked again after
MM perhaps , its a bios issue , dual-bios , each one with different settings? or alternativley , you guys are not switching CPU or OS or the OS key by any chance
The only other thing i know that will throw this off is if a different hardware profile is loaded on restart.
#25 - 2zas
Quote from Shotglass :hm laptop... you sure it doesnt go into standby if you close the lid?

you could try 1 procedure
1) do a clean reboot and unlock a fresh install of lfs right after
2) if that copy locks itself back up try rebooting and see if its unlocked again after

I tried this yestarday and no success [another unlock lost]
I have a normal pc, not laptop.
This problem start the day I installed a new hdd and I copy multimedia archives to it, and the LFS too (to liberate space in the old hdd). The LFS works fine after do it. Well, always work ok, and the next day I updated to the patch Y...and the problem starts.
I dont make any more changes to my pc, and all works fine, only fails the LFS license!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG