The online racing simulator
Problems to "feel" the differens.
(7 posts, started )
I,m not a living pro on this game, that why i feel this way, but i will try to explain.

In real life i,m racing Supermoto and doin lots of diffrent setups, but when i,m doing a change in the setup i,m feeling the differens and can at once tell if its good or bad.

This is my problem in LFS! How can i "feel" the change in the car? I know when i,m doing big changes in the setup couse then it can go from undrivable to drivable, but small changes i cant tell the differens.

Is it couse i,m not yet can use the full potenial of the car maybe? as i said i,m not a pro on this game, but i hope im not the only one feeling this way.

Any help will be nice!
Small changes do vary the way the car(s) feel, but you have to be in tune with them, and able to feel the car moving. Maybe your driving style is more 'rough' with the car the finer details of the feel are less noticable for you. In time, you'll start to feel things like the sidewall flex of the tyres as you corner, and then I think you will notice the setup differences.
Well what kind of controller are you using?

With a force feedback wheel you can really only have the most feedback from the game, and can differentiate setup differences.

When I change something in the setup, I feel it, I notice it. Everything from tire pressure change, suspension change, caster, camber, steering, brakes, and so on. To feel oversteer, understeer, locking brakes, it's all there. If you're using a keyboard or mouse or something, these differences would hardly be noticeable, and it would be very hard to adjust your driving style and feel the differences... because quite simply, the behavior of the car isn't given through such simple control methods.
I have Force feed back, but i was testing setups a few min ago and started with no diff, and change it to locked diff, that was a big differens, i guess i need to play alot with the setups to know what happends when i pull the sticks Thanks for the answers, keep em comming.
#5 - Vain
Before I begin working on setups for a track/car-combo I pick some reasonable setup, like Bob's easy race setups and race until I can do a 10-lap race without having laptimes vary for more than 1 second between two laps (depending on the track, on AS Cadet it's obviously less allowed time-difference).
When I'm that far I begin to work on the setup, because then I'm right at the edge of the ability of the car (for my line) and can feel any change of this limit.
Before I have that amount of experience I also can't tell the fine differences between some setups, except for the basic stuff like over-/understeer, gear-ratios, brake-bias and the like.

Vain
Do you really notice every little change on your supermoto straight away? I don't find changes in LFS any more difficult to notice / understand than on my dirtbike. Sometimes I make a change and can't work out whether it's better or I'm just thinking positively One confusing aspect in LFS is you'll often be driving on warm tyres, make a change, and they'll go back to cold, so you can't do direct comparisons.
Well yeah, its alot easyer to feel the differens on tarmac than on dirt, i think anyway. But i have doin alot of driving now, and i think i,m starting to learn how the get the feeling now, but cant say i got that naturally feeling..

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG