The online racing simulator
No German plates??
(17 posts, started )
No German plates??
Yesterday when my Dad and i were dropping my mum and auntie to the airport, some cops pulled us over. My dad's Alpina B10 has a set of German plates, with the eagle on them, and a nice fat D .

So the cops pulled us over, it was quite funny really, maybe he was nice, but we had 4 people sitting in the back of the car. He told us German plates are illegal, im not really sure how he spotted it, we were just driving past an accident, and the police were directing the traffic, and he told us to pull over.

The cop said they were illegal and he took the name of the M.O.T centre, and is going to report them, that it shouldn't have passed, and they even passed my mum's BMW 320d (old shape) too, which has a set of German plates too.

So how are these plates illegal????????
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from ussbeethoven :Maybe you mean something like this, i.e. UK registration with German country code? The plates from three_jump's link are 100% legal.

my dad's plates are B10 H**, so its something to do with being Cherished i dunno, but its a UK Code and stuff, just with a german plates, like a D, and the eagle on the front.
Quote from harjun :my dad's plates are B10 H**, so its something to do with being Cherished i dunno, but its a UK Code and stuff, just with a german plates, like a D, and the eagle on the front.

what eagle on the front (it's not on any plate over here).

B10 H.. is no valid german plate. German plates are always like this:

ABC - DE 1234
(City - Random Letters Random Number)

EDIT:
Guess the cop is right
Buddy of mine has them also but with Irish number's but German style plates

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum ... p;PhotoAlbumId=5260850151

89 being the year of the car
CW being the county were the car was originally registered
1844 being the number of the cars registration 1844 th car registered that year.
#9 - Bean0
German/French style plates are the new 'thing' amongst boy racer types who drive VWs/Pugs/Citroens etc. The police are quite rightly clamping down as the plates are illegal.

The are not the correct typeface (problems with ANPR).
You can display the EU logo and GB, not F or D.

Current requirements on the display of number plates - PDF Document (143 Kb)
Information regarding the display of number plates in accordance with The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Very nice E30. Rims are just awesome

Yep nice car, he now has BBS split rims on it look pretty nice too.
Quote from ussbeethoven :Maybe you mean something like this, i.e. UK registration with German country code? The plates from three_jump's link are 100% legal.

That's The General Lee's car

1000th post :headbang::color::wow::bannana_g:laola:
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from Bean0 :German/French style plates are the new 'thing' amongst boy racer types who drive VWs/Pugs/Citroens etc. The police are quite rightly clamping down as the plates are illegal.

Steady there friend

YaY at my car being posted.

I put the plates on knowing they were illegal. UK plates and UK plates ONLY are legal here. I heard that the 3D Plates are illegal now.

I have heard so many stories about the German Style ones though..
  • They are legal as they are part of the EU.
  • As long as they have the correct spacing, they are legal.
  • As long as they are reflective, they are legal.
  • As long as they have the "White front. Yellow rear" setup, they are legal.
After asking a couple of coppers, they have all said, and I quote, "They aren't really legal, but the officer must be having problems at home for him to pull you over for them."

So, the copper was well in his rights to pull your dad for them.

FYI, mine are reflective, mine have the correct spacing and I use the "White front. Yellow rear" format. I have yet to have any problems with the boys in blue.

Edit: What is this Eagle you speak of? The German plates I know have the ring of Gold EU stars, with a "big fat" D underneath.
Quote from The General Lee :Steady there friend

YaY at my car being posted.

I put the plates on knowing they were illegal. UK plates and UK plates ONLY are legal here. I heard that the 3D Plates are illegal now.

I have heard so many stories about the German Style ones though..
  • They are legal as they are part of the EU.
  • As long as they have the correct spacing, they are legal.
  • As long as they are reflective, they are legal.
  • As long as they have the "White front. Yellow rear" setup, they are legal.
After asking a couple of coppers, they have all said, and I quote, "They aren't really legal, but the officer must be having problems at home for him to pull you over for them."

So, the copper was well in his rights to pull your dad for them.

FYI, mine are reflective, mine have the correct spacing and I use the "White front. Yellow rear" format. I have yet to have any problems with the boys in blue.

Edit: What is this Eagle you speak of? The German plates I know have the ring of Gold EU stars, with a "big fat" D underneath.

They probably want the correct spacing and stuff so their stupid ANPR systems recognise your number plate
That and to stop people having stuff like a 1 and a 3 to look like a B.
Quote from The General Lee :That and to stop people having stuff like a 1 and a 3 to look like a B.

Yeah but sometimes people put a couple of screws in here and there to make the letters look different from a distance
That too. Some idiots even resort to having the 3 backwards to look like an E. The things people do to make their number plate look like a word that no one understands...

My girlfriends mate has...

"S3 XYD" but spaced to look like "S3XY D" But her name is Gemma...The D stands for Devil apparently...

My all time favorite is on my mates M3... "M30 WND" as "M3 0WND"
Quote from ussbeethoven :Really a nice M3, but I wouldn't recommend driving abroad with it at all - absolutely German-like plate, even FE-style letters and TÜV seal but no valid registration can cause a lot of trouble.

It's being stored doesn't see roads that much

No German plates??
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG