The online racing simulator
[Offspring] Chat during Round 3
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Complaint #1: Everyone who typed a message (apart from 'Telepit' & the Race Officials) I want to see have a 5-grid penalty. Anything else than a 5-grid pen & anyone who did chat & gets away with it would just be wrong & totally unfair on those who got penalized for it this round.

Complaint #2: Lap 5. After Marlbro made that sublime pass (hardest place to pass, door to door with no contact...that's how it's done! ), I had Hynnty to my right with Cpt. Slow on my left. So 3-wide heading down to the 1st proper turn.
Cpt. Slow must've knew Hyntty's position as he had to slow down initially to bring it to the left of me. With that in mind, knowing he had 2 cars to his right, he yet still turned right. Poor driving right there.
And the way he handled himself afterwards made it even worse! I can understand that he may of been panicking, but reversing, & facing the wrong way with no consideration for the others was pretty poor too....

That's all folks

1) I typed "mph?" to ask what a certain speed was in mph... I suppose I get a 5 place penalty

2)Yes I drove crap and deserve to die
The following drivers talked extensively during race:
Mathius
Mutt
daleksam
[TG] hammond
[TG] Captain Slow
nightmare

The following drivers talked after they received DNF and should receive stiffer penalties:
Mathius
daleksam
[TG] hammond
nightmare

The following drivers disconnected early:
Mutt

The following drivers talked minimally:
[OPC] ROB!
J Taylor
Quote from JO53PHS :1) I typed "mph?" to ask what a certain speed was in mph... I suppose I get a 5 place penalty

No.. actually you typed all of this:

captain slow: noo
captain slow: =(
captain slow: =)
captain slow: =(
captain slow: mph?
captain slow: yes YOU
captain slow: :-)
captain slow: im tryin
captain slow: lol
captain slow: Sorry!
captain slow: T1 carnage
captain slow: cmon
captain slow: yay
captain slow: no
captain slow: how
Quote from Technique :The following drivers talked extensively during race:
Mathius
Mutt
daleksam
[TG] hammond
[TG] Captain Slow
nightmare

The following drivers talked after they received DNF and should receive stiffer penalties:
Mathius
daleksam
[TG] hammond
nightmare

The following drivers disconnected early:
Mutt

The following drivers talked minimally:
[OPC] ROB!
J Taylor

Exactly...I talked ONCE (wasn't even during the race) and was the ONLY one to receive a penalty...

So technically everyone else gets points taken off, or else I get extra points...really, that seems to only be fair...
wat did I say? I thought only thing I said was is chat aloud yet at the end of the raceO_O It couldnt have distracted anyone as the race was over and you said that the results were going to be taken from that point.
-_-

1. It couldnt have caused an incident.
2. Well I thought you did and I didnt see it seeing the number of chat there was.
Quote from evilpimp :
2. Well I thought you did and I didnt see it seeing the number of chat there was.

Bingo !
???

Exactly, when you see that theres millions of messages being sent and no one telling anyone to stop you start to think that theyre aloud to.
Quote from evilpimp :???

Exactly, when you see that theres millions of messages being sent and no one telling anyone to stop you start to think that theyre aloud to.

Yes, but then you'll miss the fact that the race is still considered underway. Just because everyone is in parc ferme does not mean that it's over. At that point I am preparing final messages to the drivers, ensuring that everyone is in parc ferme, and taking screenshots of the finish order.
Quote from Fredthebest :
Oh and can I add this is my first ever penalty in LFSBC and I think that I should receive a warning.

I doupt you'll get a warning seeing as I didnt get any but got the 5 spot grid penalty for round 3 even though it was my first offence..
And also it wasnt much chat it was just for saying Bye and putting a smiley. I think that the penaltys for such things are a bit exagerated.. 5 spots for saying are we aloud to speak yet at the end of the race is kind of...
Quote from Fredthebest :Appealing my Penalty.
I didn't talk much AFAIK It was either to say sorry or something and when DNF at the end of the race I spoke and didnt realise we were not allowed to speak until Deko said no more speaking until everyones parked here or something and after that I said Oh,sorry.

If you have replays.. please tell me other things I spoke.. because My internet disconnected and I had no way of getting the replays, thanks.

Oh and can I add this is my first ever penalty in LFSBC and I think that I should receive a warning.

I know this is in the wrong place, but I've watched the replay and am helping him with the appeal.

If you penalise one driver, they should ALL be penalised for chatting. I know that several drivers were. But I ask you, was that all the drivers who talked? A no un-needed chat rule should be strict. You put it down as strict, but you seemed to let Singling Fred out is grossly unfair, it is almost akin to scapegoating him. Dalek, Mutt, Hammond and Mathis talked extensive during the race, I feel they should recieve some sort of penalty in accordance with the rules

Ok, so the rules say 'No chatting until the race is declared over.' But, in Fred's defence, he wasn't on the server due to Internet problems, and it was hard to see when the race was declared over, due to all the (un-needed and illegal) chat messages. Could an RCM possibly be used in future?

Also,evilpimp. That is out of order, Why should you and Fred be penalised for a mistake, when people talked all-race long?

/me leaves it there

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I know this is in the wrong place, but I've watched the replay and am helping him with the appeal.

If you penalise one driver, they should ALL be penalised for chatting. I know that several drivers were. But I ask you, was that all the drivers who talked? A no un-needed chat rule should be strict. You put it down as strict, but you seemed to let Singling Fred out is grossly unfair, it is almost akin to scapegoating him.Ok, so the rules say 'No chatting until the race is declared over.' But, in Fred's defence, he wasn't on the server due to Internet problems.

Also,evilpimp. That is out of order, Why should you and Fred be penalised for a mistake, when people talked all-race long?

/me leaves it there

DK

I was on the race until lap 9 when my internet disconnected and I reconnected somewhere around the middle of lap 10 and it finished on lap 11 I think and when almost nearly all cars were in the pitlane, except around 3 No-one had said No talking until the race had ended until Deko said it and there was actually alot of people talking at the end in the pitlane and I didnt see deko saying anything about race ended or anything, so Idk.
What im saying is that after the race I saw everyone was chatting and no one was telling them to stop. So I thought that deko said that it was aloud and I didnt see him say it so seeing as everyone was chatting I just asked if chatting was aloud.

Its common sense that when you see that no ones asking for them to stop chatting you think its aloud.

I said Is chatting aloud, he said No. I stoped. It's THE ONLY THING I said. 1 line to know if its aloud. He answerd, I stoped.

And I made sure I didnt chat for the rest of the race and now im getting a penalty for asking after the race. Its a bit exagerated and frustrating.
Quote from evilpimp :What im saying is that after the race I saw everyone was chatting and no one was telling them to stop. So I thought that deko said that it was aloud and I didnt see him say it so seeing as everyone was chatting I just asked if chatting was aloud.

Its common sense that when you see that no ones asking for them to stop chatting you think its aloud.

I said Is chatting aloud, he said No. I stoped. It's THE ONLY THING I said. 1 line to know if its aloud. He answerd, I stoped.

And I made sure I didnt chat for the rest of the race and now im getting a penalty for asking after the race. Its a bit exagerated and frustrating.

Yeah after the race there was piles of people talking I didnt see anything about no talking until deko said it and the final thing I said after that was "Oh sorry!" and through the race, I can say all I was saying was maybe something like "sorry" or something and In Qualifying I tipped and said "Tipped ;[ and then I said "Requesting Telepit" I said I tipped so that deko would see im tipped and would know immediately to say that it was granted and for those penalized there was much more talking in that and alot of people did not get penalties for talking which I think is very unfair, because I could say alot more were talking because I remember at the end it was piled with chat and almost everyone was talking because nearly everyone was in the pitlane except about 3 people who were near the end.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :As I said in the other thread...

Dekojester was typing away with unimportant messages as though it was allowed -

Cpt. Slow: crap race
Deko: This we know

If it's not allowed at that point then please don't reply to such comments in that way! It gives the impression that chatting is permitted.
Instead of replying like you did you should've reminded him/us that chat is not allowed yet. And when you did so we all shut up immediately.
But, I guess if you handed out penalties in the previous round for chatting when we were in the pitlane, then you must continue doing that. Did anyone get penalized for it last round? Chatting in the pitlane after the race had finished? If not, then I'd like to appeal.

Ok, I'll act as referee here!

I will look at the replay later (hopefully)

None of us are perfect, and we all do make mistakes from time to time. This (I think) is Dekojester's first actual League as admin, and so he's certainly not perfect by any means (although better than me!)

I'll look into this for you ASAP, hopefully tonight.
Just so you all know, when I issue penalties for chat, I watch the replay, and any non-telepit message is cited.

During a qual or race session, you are only cited once. So if you send 30 messages, you get the same as sending 5.

I am thinking of changing the penalties for this rule.

If you chat during qual, it's -2 grid spots for a first offense. 5 for each next offense.

If you chat during the race, it's a drive-through or a 30-second time penalty (if laps to go is < 3.

If you chat after the checkers and before the session is declared officially over, you will be assessed a 30-second time penalty.

Please give your thoughts on this.

Also, I will re-go over the chat penalties this evening.

d
Quote :Originally Posted by TAYLOR-MANIA
As I said in the other thread...

Dekojester was typing away with unimportant messages as though it was allowed -

Cpt. Slow: crap race
Deko: This we know

If it's not allowed at that point then please don't reply to such comments in that way! It gives the impression that chatting is permitted.
Instead of replying like you did you should've reminded him/us that chat is not allowed yet. And when you did so we all shut up immediately.
But, I guess if you handed out penalties in the previous round for chatting when we were in the pitlane, then you must continue doing that. Did anyone get penalized for it last round? Chatting in the pitlane after the race had finished? If not, then I'd like to appeal.

Quote : Ok, I'll act as referee here!

I will look at the replay later (hopefully)

None of us are perfect, and we all do make mistakes from time to time. This (I think) is Dekojester's first actual League as admin, and so he's certainly not perfect by any means (although better than me!)

I'll look into this for you ASAP, hopefully tonight.

First of all, that is a good point he did reply to that and J@tko of course none of us is perfect, I chatted a bit by saying sorry or something like that meaning not perfect, but if we all get Penalized Then I think Deko should get penalized in some way, yeah I know it doesn't make sense because hes not in the race, but replying to a message like that would tell other people that you're allowed to talk, so he should be penalized in some way.
Thanks.
Quote from Fredthebest :First of all, that is a good point he did reply to that and J@tko of course none of us is perfect, I chatted a bit by saying sorry or something like that meaning not perfect, but if we all get Penalized Then I think Deko should get penalized in some way, yeah I know it doesn't make sense because hes not in the race, but replying to a message like that would tell other people that you're allowed to talk, so he should be penalized in some way.
Thanks.

But how would any penalty affect dekojester because he isn't in the race and therefore loosing grid places or DTPs don't matter
I split out the discussion of the in-race chat to this thread to keep the race penalties thread less cluttered.

d
Well now there are even more threads!!!!
Quote from JO53PHS :But how would any penalty affect dekojester because he isn't in the race and therefore loosing grid places or DTPs don't matter

Yeah but I mean in some other way.
Quote from dekojester :Just so you all know, when I issue penalties for chat, I watch the replay, and any non-telepit message is cited.

During a qual or race session, you are only cited once. So if you send 30 messages, you get the same as sending 5.

I am thinking of changing the penalties for this rule.

If you chat during qual, it's -2 grid spots for a first offense. 5 for each next offense.

If you chat during the race, it's a drive-through or a 30-second time penalty (if laps to go is < 3.

If you chat after the checkers and before the session is declared officially over, you will be assessed a 30-second time penalty.

Please give your thoughts on this.

Also, I will re-go over the chat penalties this evening.

d

I'm fine with that. In defense of the people at the end of the race, prior to them chatting there was some casual chat by race control as well "piss on LFS points" and "the championship has been turned upside down!" or whatever didn't seem like vital race messages to me. If I was in the race I might have started chatting at that point as well. Don't take this the wrong way - you guys did an excellent job this race. I just want this league to be the best that it can be.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I know! How about we ignore his 'No chat' message next round?!
Heh, only kidding...but there is no way to penalize him & besides, he doesn't need to be penalized because he hasn't done much wrong really. So let's not shift the blame onto him!
I'm happy to accept the penalty so long as someone got done for it [chatting after the race finished, parked in the pitlane] in previous rounds...
The no-chat penalty situation is being looked at & that's all I wanted to come from this. Keep it up Deko.

I know we cant penalise him but he is penalising us for doing something he has done himself. When you see that even the race official is chatting. You think its aloud so I ask if its aloud he said no and i didnt even reply to the no. So I think that my penalty should be revised because my offence wasnt really big and was caused because of a confusion created by people chatting including a race official.

You guys are doing a good job but I just think you should investigate the nature of the offences a bit more.
We are thinking of an idea so that we can have chat during a race, as you may have questions/comments e.t.c, but won't affect the actual race.

It won't be in the race screen, but outside of it (msn maybe)?

Any ideas guys?
Quote from J@tko :We are thinking of an idea so that we can have chat during a race, as you may have questions/comments e.t.c, but won't affect the actual race.

It won't be in the race screen, but outside of it (msn maybe)?

Any ideas guys?

Hmm....

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG