The online racing simulator
start engine without the starter
(20 posts, started )
hello, (i dont know is this a right thread) i were driving xfg and tried to start engine without the ignition button I and i made it , but i noticed the bug (i think so), i stalled my cars engine at the hill and started to roll down, i reached 20 km/h and released the clutch, engine started , than i tried to start engine in revers but i couldnt , when i staled my engine again on the hill and reached 25 km/h ~ i released the clutch and somehow the front wheels got blocked , why , is this a bug, or it should to be in this way?
Attached files
MaRiuS_BL1_XFG_7.spr - 50.2 KB - 382 views
It should be like this. Like a real car.
i just tried to start in revers again and i did it , i needed to reach higher speed like 40 km/h.
now this thread is useless ,how to delete it?
You don't delete it. Only moderators can, and they won't.
Quote from tristancliffe :It should be like this. Like a real car.

u were wrong saing about that car cant start in R , i have friend who started
As long as the engine is turned forwards by the motion then it will be possible to bump start. In fairness I didn't really understand all of what you said.
#7 - ciph
Some people here should learn something about engines and how they work, the starter does nothing else than just pushing the engine without ingnitation inside untill the engine is able to ingite the cylinder room after that happened the start is useless.
Quote from ciph :else than just pushing the engine without ingnitation inside untill the engine is able to ingite the cylinder room after that happened the start is useless.

If the engine is hot enough, then you don't need any spark at all!
you described realsim. so I see this as a feature not a bug (don't sue me Microsoft! :P)
#10 - Ziil
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :you described realsim. so I see this as a feature not a bug (don't sue me Microsoft! :P)

There are no bugs just unintended features
real manual gearboxed cars can do rolling starts if on hill they roll with clutch, put car in 2nd and let out clutch or something.
yea but if u do it in real life make sure the speed will match your rpm in that gear. Oh and get ready for a throw forward lol
Quote from wheel4hummer :If the engine is hot enough, then you don't need any spark at all!

Only on a diesel, and those don't "spark" they have glowplugs. On a gasser you need spark at every power stroke.
Unless, as w4h said, the engine is really hot enough

And the glow plugs only work for starting the car on a diesel.
One time I actually started a lawn mower after it was already warmed up without the spark plug being plugged in. Gasoline engines can run without spark if they are hot enough. The air/fuel mixture just has to reach 475F.
Technically, shouldn't gasoline be easier to burn than diesel? Afaik diesel is a thicker, larger molecule.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Technically, shouldn't gasoline be easier to burn than diesel?

Nope. Gasoline has a higher auto-ignition point then diesel. Although diesel won't burn as easily in colder weather as petrol will, since the flash point of diesel is 62C and the flash point of petrol is -40C. This is all according to the values listed on wikipedia, which may very well be not correct.
So, would the same apply to my nitro RC car? Obviously, to start it up, i have to put the glow plug on for a few mins, then stick the electric starter in and wur it up. So lets say i have been using the car for a few minutes and its hot, would i be able to start it without the glow plug?
Yes - the engine temp will be sufficient to allow decent compression ignition.
When a car moves forward the power is transferred via 2 gears/cogs, in reverse you have 3 gears/cogs, and the ratio is a bit different too so i guess its the gearbox.. I'm not that good at explaining things in english so sorry if it gave no sense at all :P

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG