The online racing simulator
upgraded now i cant play.
(14 posts, started )
i have added some memory and a new graphics card and also a new harddrive but when i go to play the game all is fine until i enter a race and the car is put on the start grid. the game freezes and my pc restarts.

whats wrong?
#2 - Jakg
What PSU do you have? What are your components? Does it do this in any other games? What is the temperature of the CPU and GFX card?
It could be one of two things:
* Hardware reset - lack of power, etc. (see Jakg's post)
* Software causing a reset - check the system event logs (Right click My Computer, goto Manage and expand the System event log - check for errors, in particular you may find one that reports a STOP error). If you can't find anything in the event log then go into System Properties, and disable the auto reboot.

Go into system properties (found under Control Panel), then advanced, click the settings button under startup and recovery, disable automatically restart. Restart cleanly and then start LFS. If it's a STOP error you'll get a blue screen, record the details.
Quote from Jakg :What PSU do you have? What are your components? Does it do this in any other games? What is the temperature of the CPU and GFX card?

i have no idea on what psu im using.

i have an asrock 939dual-vsta
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overv ... el=939Dual-VSTA&s=939

i am using an amd athlon cpu i think its the 3200 single core model.

i have 1.12gb of ram

128mb pci-e gfx card

i havent tried any other games as i have no reason to install any other ones

i have no software to tell me the temps.
#5 - Jakg
SpeedFan will tell you the temperatures.

Exactly WHICH GFX card is it (ie a 6600GT or x1300)
i do have trouble when installing the gfx card drivers. i downloaded the latest ones and i get an error when installing them.

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmzb6.png

it tells me that a required DLL is missing.
Quote from Jakg :SpeedFan will tell you the temperatures.

Exactly WHICH GFX card is it (ie a 6600GT or x1300)

x300se
download the Everest and look all the data

Like : GPU , Ram , Prossesor , also have temp monitor
check if you installed correctly the drivers

Or reinstall again , but do it propely

First unistall drivers , reset pc , reinstall drivers , reset pc

And , if you can lok what is the Power of the PSU , maybe also is a power iusse
Pop into add/remove programs and remove the ATI drivers from there. Reboot and you should find you're using the default Windows drivers for your gfx card. Then try and install the new drivers, you should find that the new ones install correctly.
just doing that now.

downloading the drivers.......

it said that i need netframework 2.0

then it said i do not have any compatible hardware.

downloaded .net 2.0... it sais i need to have windows installer 3.0 or above lol

done all the downloads, now it just sais that it cannot find any drivers that are compatible with my hardware.

perhaps im downloading the wrong drivers.

whats the best way of finding out what card i have?

this is what belarcs advisor sais.
I'v had these problems...

download Catalyst and see if that works
i downloaded the catalyst and it has all installed correctly untill i try and run either dxdiag (3d test) or lfs.

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eros5.png

i think its overheating but i cant seem to install fanspeed.

i looked on the psu and i have a max output of 350 watt.

i changed my graphics card back to my 128mb nvidia (agp) and now the computer is running fine.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG