The online racing simulator
Porsche commercial
(11 posts, started )
Porsche commercial
They sound like lawnmowers.
I LOVE this commercial!
I pause my music every single time I hear it on my roomies' tv just to hear it, I get the chills every time I watch it it's just amazingness at climax.

Haha yep, it gave me the chills once again
#4 - Vain
I also dislike the advertisment. I've yet to learn of a car that doesn't sound horrible when it's hopelessly revving against nothing but it's own engine's inertia.
The 997 GT3 sound beautifully when you hear it roaring away at full tilt between Hocheichen and Flugplatz on the Nordschleife, but revving in neutral is just horrible, like every other car.

Sound engineering aside, I think the 997 is one of the best sounding cars when you consider that it has to pass exhaust-gas limitations. Of course old racecars sound ten times better, but those don't have to match the modern limitations.

Vain

[Edit] Here's a Fifth Gear review of the 997 GT3 with some sounds, to refresh your memory. Get those headphones on and turn the volume up!
why would anyone pay money to drive a car as horrible as this? yikes
Just another load of Porsche's. They might sound a tad nice but that's about it.
Quote from XCNuse :I get the chills every time I watch it it's just amazingness at climax.

Climax was ruined after it didn't give sound taste of the 908
Good point...
I kept seeing that and didn't even notice the black 911 or whatever (still don't know what it is lol I keep staring down the 908 instead) revving in the background.
Quote from spankmeyer :...lawnmowers.

What does this means? Sorry, that word is not in my English vocabulary
Lawn mower. Thanks

Porsche commercial
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG