The online racing simulator
#26 - wien
Quote from Ikaponthus :Let's talk about what we like about LFS so there's something different here to whinging/moaning going on in other threads?

Your complimentary whinge/moan filter will arrive in the mail shortly. Always wear it when visiting the forums to preserve your sanity.
Quote from Ikaponthus :Thanks PauliaK!

From Lithuania! Cool! I went to visit Riga in Latvija recently but didn't get to pop over to Lithuania. Would love to visit there one day though.

heh, I'm sure you'd like Lithuania .

By the way, Latvia in English is Latvia, not Latvija, but in Lithuanian we write Latvia's name same as you did, so you have probably started learning Lithuanian, haven't you?
Nice dude Welcome to S2 !!! ... it will be good to race with you

+1 good chapo
Welcome!
btw the g25 is worth it.
Welcome! You brought a smile on my face.
I welcome your own opinion but I do not totally agree with everything that you say. As this thread has a slant towards concentrating on the "good things" I think I will not mention those things which I do not agree with.

Welcome to S2 anyway and have some fun!
Quote from pauliaK :heh, I'm sure you'd like Lithuania .

By the way, Latvia in English is Latvia, not Latvija, but in Lithuanian we write Latvia's name same as you did, so you have probably started learning Lithuanian, haven't you?

Well it's Latvija in Latvian too! I just spelled it that way for fun. Although I (and my parents) are born and bred in Aus, my heritage is Latvian so it was good to visit the country.
Guys I've been playing this like an addict all morning!!

This game absolutely rocks. It's just so far ahead of any other sim I've played yet.
Quote from Ikaponthus :Guys I've been playing this like an addict all morning!!

This game absolutely rocks. It's just so far ahead of any other sim I've played yet.

Now say good bye to your social life
Quote from Ikaponthus :There seems to be a lot of moaning, dick-measuring, complaining etc. going on on these forums, and not least of all by myself.

So I want to start a thread just to congratulate all involved on the fantastic achievement that is Live for Speed!!

As a (edit: ex-)demo user, I've only played it for a couple of days, but I am already completely blown away by it! It seems the developers share an almost identical vision to my own on what the perfect racing car simulator should be! I'll be buying a licence shortly.

I own a few other racing sims, and apart from Flight Simulator, they're pretty much the only gaming I do at all. Grand Prix Legends set the bench-mark all those years ago, and since then I've seen nothing that really compares until LFS, which seems to be taking things to a whole new level!

I'm so impressed with what I've seen so far, for example, I literally had to take a double take the first time I noticed the tyre-deformation when driving too hard into a corner!

I have no degree in physics, nor have I any real experience racing apart from winning my companies Christmas Go-Kart day event! But I can say without a doubt that, for whatever reason, Live for Speed just feels more like driving a car than any other game I've played. My sneaking suspicion is that that is because it is more like driving a real car than any other game I've played!

So I hope the developers read my thread. Keep up the good work, stay true to the vision of a highly realistic simulator that doesn't try and cater for all markets and you will create a classic!!

Simply amazing that, from what I can tell, it just seems to be a handful of guys working on this and they are completely upstaging the big companies ... simply awesome!

I must admit I've pirated my fair share of software, but when it comes to things like this I'm more than happy to fork over the price, even for an un-finished alpha product! In this case, the devs really deserve to reap the benefits!

And the potential for the game is just incredible and so exciting! If the "+" stuff in the sticky log thread in the "Improvement Suggestions" forum gets implemented then Live for Speed will simply be phenomenal. Things like dynamic weather, dirt on the track, improved damage modelling and the possible edition of a "classic era" class of racing are just so exciting!! (the latter obviously is a personal opinion, but I'd love to compare a 67 GP car in GPL --> LFS!).

Great post! I agree 100%!! I'd go as far as to say LFS is almost as good as OutRun2006: Coast 2 Coast!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG