The online racing simulator
Computer went to hell...
(4 posts, started )
Computer went to hell...
For some reason, when I came back from school last night, my computer wasn't working. I tried various stuff attempting to make it work, but it didn't. I thought my 300W PSU was dead so I just bought a brand new one, 550W this time. I plug it and all, connect the wires where they should, plug in the computer and... Nothing. Do you guys have any idea of what could have happened in a night? The computer was off and no one was home that day. Thanks in advance!
#2 - Bean0
Fuse in plug ?

I dont want to alarm you, but I've had a PSU go and kill pretty much every part of my PC, it was turned off at the time. I noticed a smell though, exactly the same as scalextric cars used to give off after a bit of running.
I'm going to look for those fuse I guess, as it's my last hope that my system isn't completely K.O. Otherwise I'll have to take my mom's computer which is twice as performant as mine... Hmm, after all it might not be that bad.

I'll keep you updated!
#4 - Bean0
Try a new power lead, if that fails then you've got to start swapping parts into a working system to find out what's broken really.

Computer went to hell...
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG