The online racing simulator
Awesome game. Unbelievable considering!!
There seems to be a lot of moaning, dick-measuring, complaining etc. going on on these forums, and not least of all by myself.

So I want to start a thread just to congratulate all involved on the fantastic achievement that is Live for Speed!!

As a (edit: ex-)demo user, I've only played it for a couple of days, but I am already completely blown away by it! It seems the developers share an almost identical vision to my own on what the perfect racing car simulator should be! I'll be buying a licence shortly.

I own a few other racing sims, and apart from Flight Simulator, they're pretty much the only gaming I do at all. Grand Prix Legends set the bench-mark all those years ago, and since then I've seen nothing that really compares until LFS, which seems to be taking things to a whole new level!

I'm so impressed with what I've seen so far, for example, I literally had to take a double take the first time I noticed the tyre-deformation when driving too hard into a corner!

I have no degree in physics, nor have I any real experience racing apart from winning my companies Christmas Go-Kart day event! But I can say without a doubt that, for whatever reason, Live for Speed just feels more like driving a car than any other game I've played. My sneaking suspicion is that that is because it is more like driving a real car than any other game I've played!

So I hope the developers read my thread. Keep up the good work, stay true to the vision of a highly realistic simulator that doesn't try and cater for all markets and you will create a classic!!

Simply amazing that, from what I can tell, it just seems to be a handful of guys working on this and they are completely upstaging the big companies ... simply awesome!

I must admit I've pirated my fair share of software, but when it comes to things like this I'm more than happy to fork over the price, even for an un-finished alpha product! In this case, the devs really deserve to reap the benefits!

And the potential for the game is just incredible and so exciting! If the "+" stuff in the sticky log thread in the "Improvement Suggestions" forum gets implemented then Live for Speed will simply be phenomenal. Things like dynamic weather, dirt on the track, improved damage modelling and the possible edition of a "classic era" class of racing are just so exciting!! (the latter obviously is a personal opinion, but I'd love to compare a 67 GP car in GPL --> LFS!).
#2 - HVS5b
Word
great opinion!
btw to the improvements: get me a better cpu and u can add dirt on track, rain, night, etc... (or make lfs more kind to cpu )
Duh-duh!!

Now officially an S2 licensed driver!!
#5 - Bean0
Quote from Ikaponthus :Duh-duh!!

Now officially an S2 licensed driver!!

You seem like a nice chap, welcome to the forums and I hope to see you on track
Race on tonite fella!
Quote from Bean0 :You seem like a nice chap, welcome to the forums and I hope to see you on track

+ 1
You seem like a talkative nice chap, welcome as well...
Welcome aboard!
Thanks guys.

Well I'm in Ireland at the moment, I'm actually Australian and will be going home soon. Point being that I have no Internet connection here and I'm not about to get one only for 1-2 months.

So you won't see me online until then! Probably a good thing too. I don't want to be the guy that crashes everyone else out of the race.

Likewise, because of the upcoming move home, I only bought myself a cheapo steering wheel & pedal combo to practise with here. It's actually really nice considering the cheap price! Anyway, I have a Force RS at home, so I'll either be using that or buying the new Logitech one everyone is raving about when I get back - G25 or something.... anyone got that? Is it really that good?

Quote : You seem like a talkative nice chap, welcome as well...

LOL. Maybe online! Something to do with a boring, autonomous job and too much Red-Bull! (a single can :shy

Thanks again guys.

You're all very nice chaps too. lol.
You've seen sense in picking a great sim. I agree on there being nothing else like it. £24 definately well spent!

Welcome to LFS.
Welcome to S2!
Yay, your point of view seems to be perfect, good to see guys like you joining the community, warm welcome to you
Thanks PauliaK!

From Lithuania! Cool! I went to visit Riga in Latvija recently but didn't get to pop over to Lithuania. Would love to visit there one day though.
**Warning Totally OT**
LFS Noob, love the avatar

pmsl!
Indeed, LFS is an awesome game, one of the best Sims I've played!

Anyway, I don't know about the G25, Don't have one, but I've heard good things about it, but I don't think its really worth buying it, I bought a £60 Saitek R440 wheel with pedals and it's good enough for me and anyway I don't want to spend over £100 on a wheel, could buy something better for that amount of money! Like.. you could buy a really crappy car for £100... But I suppose that wouldn't be better than the wheel because what use is a really crappy car..?

Anyway, Hope you enjoy playing the game Online when you get back to Australia from Ireland and I'd just like to say mate, once you start playing it online, you won't be able to stop, you'll be playing it online everyday or almost everyday and sometimes you won't, you won't be playing it like ALL day hopefully :S Well some people might do, But I don't but Still play it almost everyday and have great fun!

Anyway, Congrats on getting S2 Licensed!

Fred
Quote from HVS5b :LFS Noob, love the avatar

pmsl!

I play rugby too. It's the one I use on the rugby forum I post at so I thought why not keep it?
Quote from Ikaponthus :I play rugby too. It's the one I use on the rugby forum I post at so I thought why not keep it?

I think he was talking about the avatar of user "LFSn00b" :shhh:
LOL! Whoops!!

I thought he was referring to me as newbie at LFS ... duh. Okay damn. I thought my avatar was worth commenting about too but apparently not! :mad:
LFSn00b - That is the most annyoying avatar ive ever seen.. But i like it!

To the topic starter (sorry can't recall your name), now these are the kind of posts we like to see, although your other thread may not have been intentional, avoid sensative subjects here as WW4 breaks loose. From this thread i can see your a nice chap who loves any aspect of racing, i think we got off on the wrong foot so welcome and prepare to loose your social life!

Plus rugby is for girls, football is where the action is
Welcome to Cloud 9, aka S2.

1 - Thanks guys! I appreciate the welcomes. Let's talk about what we like about LFS so there's something different here to whinging/moaning going on in other threads?

2 - Pearcy: thanks mate. I agree.

3 - Rugby is not for girls. We don't roll around screaming holding our face when we get tapped on the heel.
Quote from Stefani24 :great opinion!
btw to the improvements: get me a better cpu and u can add dirt on track, rain, night, etc... (or make lfs more kind to cpu )

If you want dirt, rain night then LFS won't get any kinder on your CPU
+1 for the sentiment of the OP.

I've played my share of other "sim" racing games and there is just something that much more addictive and involving about LFS. Plus, it's harder to get good at than the others. Which as far as I'm concerned is a good thing !!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG