The online racing simulator
>>>>>What are the buttons to start a BF1???<<<<<
I know there are threads similar... but what are the buttons to start a BF1?
Uhm, I`m not sure, but I belive there is no buttons on the wheel that actually starts that car. You have to push the usually ignition key (i) to start tge car, but I have not noticed that this is any key on the wheel in the Bf1.
#3 - word.
BF1 doesn't have a starter motor
But you can turn the motor on/off, can`t you?
u can turn it off by pressing i or the starter motor button, but you can't start it again
#6 - word.
you can't start it again, because it doesn't have a starter motor!

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :u can turn it off by pressing i or the starter motor button, but you can't start it again

Serious?
Lol, that would be like...retarded if it can`t be started again. But again - maybe that is real life like on the engines of a F1, but I have no clues about F1 engines

Edit : :/
F1 cars are started by an external starter motor. I guess the reason they are not fitted on the car is to reduce weight.
Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up.
OT - Why is it so? Why doesn`t F1 cars have an starting engine?

Ahh, you edited the post, and aswell answered by question, it`s all down to weight.
it just says "This car does not have a starter motor"
?
Quote from word. :you can't start it again, because it doesn't have a starter motor!

I know "This car does not have a starter motor" how the hell do we start it in lfs then??????... I have seen some people start it...???
My guess is that there is some hidden for the eye dwarfs that starts your engine before the race.
If an F1 cars stalls in a race, they're done for the day. On the grid, and in the pits, they have a big drill like thing to start the engine externally.

If you stall the Bf1 in a race cos you spun or something, there aren't any pit crew guys running out onto the track with the battery and starter gun for ya!
I don't very often use the BF1 but I think it should be able to start up in the pits atleast, possibly in the pit lane as your pitcrew would be able to run over to help start up again. Anywhere else on the track would be a no no though, they just wouldn't go that far hauling a big arsed started.

Just a thought.
but it would be nice, just in case you still make it into the pits that this would be part of the pit routine.
Just out of curiosity... can you start the thing by letting it roll with engaged clutch, maybe in 2nd gear and suddenly releasing the clutch?
This would be the normal way to start a car with a flat battery.

greetz

der curiousbutz
I agree - the Sauber should be restartable in the pitlane (with a delay as the man shoves the spike up the car's butt), but not elsewhere.
The BF1 in LFS gets started by a tribe of acrobatic gnomes. They are absolutely tiny. It's the same ones who hold the laptops up in the Blackwood pit.

When you join the pits they absail into the engine and start banging flint together to create a spark. I'm not sure of the entire process because the microscope doesn't reach that far in, but it always works.

The problem is they're so small, it takes them months to travel across the track and the races are over before they can even get out of the pits. So these days they just live in the pit areas and wait for people to join.
Quote from Dajmin :The BF1 in LFS gets started by a tribe of acrobatic gnomes. They are absolutely tiny. It's the same ones who hold the laptops up in the Blackwood pit.

When you join the pits they absail into the engine and start banging flint together to create a spark. I'm not sure of the entire process because the microscope doesn't reach that far in, but it always works.

Aah, GNOOOOMES you say :-)
After having made their sparks, are they then exiting the engine via the exhaust? Must be a great feeling for them... long long journey to work, destroying fingers and hands with Brimstone, getting pressurized by a giant piston then burnt like hell, just then being sucked out of the engine and flying through the air at the speed of sound....

AND YOU SAY YOUR LIVES ARE HARD????

greetz

der butz
Gnomes are expendable.
What?!

Are you sure that's the gnomes?
I thought it was done with mechanics...
You must be lying...

LOL

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG