The online racing simulator
OHCRAP.... No more reverse?
(12 posts, started )
Well, after over a year of racing with my G25, reverse has finally given up the ghost. When I move the shifter to the reverse position, 19 times out of 20 it goes to 6th. The same happens in the controller options in the Control Panel.

Is it easy to obtain a spare shifter? Or is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Mark
Consider yourself lucky. Mine did that from the day I took it out of the box. I think I've gotten reverse once in the year I've been driving.

Pain in the ass having to change it to 6th or reverse depending on the track/car/need.
call logitech, you might still be under warranty. Not sure if its 1 or 2 yrs that they cover it for. If you are, they'll send you a new wheel.
If you're under warranty, send it back to Logitech. If not, or if you're technically skilled and can't be bothered to send it back, you can disassemble the shifter unit and try to find and fix the faulty part. I did the latter and I was lucky that the source of the error was a plainly visible broken cable (fatigue) that just needed some soldering to patch up.

Less lucky guys had a crack in the circuit board that contains the reverse switch (located below the gear shift mechanism, meaning you have to take the whole thing apart), who then had to bridge over the broken conducting paths.

My friend can't shift in reverse.....since he got his G25 out of the box.
Just call to Logitech and they'll send you a new wheel. My new wheel is coming from Logitech.
My reverse is broken too
My 2nd, 6th and reverse gear is broken so I called to logitech yesterday. I can keep the old wheel but I have to cut cables from it and send them to Logitech.
Quote from Nakkitartsani :My 2nd, 6th and reverse gear is broken so I called to logitech yesterday. I can keep the old wheel but I have to cut cables from it and send them to Logitech.

what? cut wires? are u sure it was logitech not the russian maffia?
Quote from e2mustang :what? cut wires? are u sure it was logitech not the russian maffia?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Logitech.
Maybe you should turn your 6th gear into reverse.. xD sorry about that..

i had this same issue with my G25 about 4 months ago and now it works by disassembling the whole gear shifter. Clean it up and put it back together. works for me, hope it works for you
i have the same problem but as i dont use the shifter much anymore i use it in sequential as handbrake

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG