The online racing simulator
Clutch Problem
(3 posts, started )
Clutch Problem
Hi,I do some cruise sometimes on J4F and had the money to buy an XFR.Was cruising and everything was ok with the clutch.I started using this car as a cop car on the server and each time i go in 1st gear or R my clutch damage slowly when giving some gas after the switch(even in automatic) and can't use anymore this car as a cop since the clutch damage way too fast.Any resolution to this problem?
#2 - Woz
Quote from CobraDrifter :Hi,I do some cruise sometimes on J4F and had the money to buy an XFR.Was cruising and everything was ok with the clutch.I started using this car as a cop car on the server and each time i go in 1st gear or R my clutch damage slowly when giving some gas after the switch(even in automatic) and can't use anymore this car as a cop since the clutch damage way too fast.Any resolution to this problem?

It has a race clutch, NOT designed for stop start driving. Its a GTR spec RACE car not a police car

The solution is to use the car for what it has been designed to do?
This is probably because you use automatic clutch, which slips the clutch massively when accelerating from a standstill. Try using a really short 1st gear, or a high final drive (to make both 1st and reverse short) so the clutch doesn't need to be slipped that much. Of course you have to tweak the remaining gear ratios to allow normal driving.

Alternatively, use the car for what it has been designed for: racing, not shopping (or pretending to be a cop).

Clutch Problem
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG