The online racing simulator
Improvemend of even more sounds?
(7 posts, started )
Hello,,

After seeing that you can load your own blow-off valve sounds in lfs, and downloaded this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=38209
I've seen that you can load even more sounds by the use of .wav files at the shift+A menu:
-Gear shift
-Starter
-turbo
-air intake
-gear whine

So now my question is: can someone make a zip file with several of these sounds to even more improve the realism of lfs since i don't know how to make the .wav files?

(I don't know if this is a repost or not, i've searched, but couldn't find anything.)
Thanks in advance.
Kick
Thx for reacting guys

I've tried using .wav files from Rfactor. But i keep on getting errors when i try to load the files in LFS.
I compressed the files first though, has this got anything to do with that?
The sounds are not full clips of, say, a dump valve or the air intake, but very very short samples that are used as the base sound, and which are modified in real time.

The sound files need to be short and below a certain size limit (that I don't know).
Yes, and the files i used were short samples, and they were too big first, but that's why i compressed them with WinLame. You can find the limit of the files at lfs where you can load them (in kb).
I'll post a screen of the error and the sound file i tried to use for it later on.. maybe someone else can figure the problem out. I'm stuck
the samples have a size limit AND a length limit. compressing will not help, you have to cut them shorter in duration. the short samples are very difficult to get looping seamlessly, good luck with that..

This is the error i get when i try loading the gearshifting sound.
Attached files
geartest.zip - 6.8 KB - 111 views
obviously you have wrong file format. could be the compression thing
save your sound as mono 16bit 44khz PCM

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG