The online racing simulator
#26 - dev
#28 - JTbo
Hmm, funny thing is that I have spotted those earlier just never really got into looking this thoroughly, good that someone did
+1 to this weight idea thingy, because i personally never use FWD cars on lfs unless in the UFR/XFR class, but if the FWD's are a bit more interesting/realistic weight then it might become as fun as a RWD
Quote from AndersL :And on the same time the general FWD power oversteer could be investigated as well.

Thread on the subject:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... highlight=power+oversteer

I have never seen any power-on oversteer in a FWD unless your taking a corner too fast for your rearend to handle. In this case its not Power-oversteer its just oversteer... I have seen power-on understeer which is appropriate in FWD... And its easy to over steer by upsetting the balance of a car but thats the same for any...
You can try it, you 64.2%F in the XFG if you apply full frontal weight penalty. (its very slow with 190kg extra though)

About the fwd oversteer, please post a setup and a description on how to reproduce.
+1 good of u to point this out i kinda thought y these cars oversteer so much (ff (xfg) )
Actually, it's really easy to create. Take the XFG or FXO (I have not tried the other FWD) and make the rear dirt sloppy and the front crazy stiff and you will get power oversteer. Check it out on the autocross/skidpad, very amusing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the physics is wrong in this game and taking this "opportunity" away for FF-cars would make them less fun to drive. I'm just saying that I don't believe it's realistic since to my knowledge this setup technique has never been used, and even if it has it has not "prevailed" among FF-racing teams. Also I have to say that it's bugs the hell out of me to drive the complete opposite way than compared to my track-day Civic IRL. I believe everyone who has done FF-racing IRL has been fighting to learn the same racing technique, which is to counter understeer with keeping the weight on the front wheels (engine breaking and normal breaking) and in the case of ass breaking out, shifting weight to rear (give slight/mild gas). With this kind of power oversteer it's the complete opposite technique, and to make it even more odd, this set-up and racing technique is by far the quickest in LFS.

Would be great if someone with more FF racing/suspension knowledge could shed some light on this.
There's still room in patch Y40.
Maybe this is why I hate the FWD cars to no end, becuase they drive about as tightly as Paris Hilton is.

No.. I just like RWD because it's "funner".
Some time ago, when I couldn't do a 'crazy road driving. ups i'm spinning' because the car, XFG or FXO, just self turned from 'drift' to right direction, I realised that only FZ5 has right weight distribution and all other are just too perfect.

I had in mind to post it, but after beeing flamed about any topic/post that something may be wrong in lfs... I didn't care :/

Anyway, what about CoG height differences in eg. XRT vs XRR, UF1 vs UFR? It would be nice to see it in info of car. Maybe in this case something could be fixed.
I don't think it's actually that the weight distributions are wrong, it's more or less that one or two cars need a few more kilos end of. See - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=662840#post662840

That is, if they are out and out road cars. What would be nice is to have two options - a straight from the dealer option (the current cars, but with more weight in one or two - this could fix the weight distribution issue that actually this thread bloody started on!) and a "cup" version, like many people have posted before. See - http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ?t=9143&highlight=cup
*bump*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG