The online racing simulator
Speed+engine cut=bug
(7 posts, started )
Speed+engine cut=bug
Hi.

Sry, didn't know exactly what to name this bug

This bug was encountered running FBM (patch Y) as a demo racer on single player Blackwood.

In order to reproduce this bug, you must flip over your car.

Speed up your car (for instance to max speed > 200) then press the clutch and change to neutral. Now turn of the car.
You'll see that the wheels keep turning at >200 kph, and the RPM staying up. But after a few seconds, the wheels just stops and the RPMs cuts to 0.

Turning back on the engine (still in neutral) will cause the wheels to instantly rotate at >200kph, and the RPMs to be equally high.

Not a serious bug, but a bug none the less
With the ignition off the car is currently removed from the physics calculations, and causes this odd behaviour.
Quote from tristancliffe :With the ignition off the car is currently removed from the physics calculations, and causes this odd behaviour.

Good to know there's a proper explenation. So this is actually a feature and not a bug :P
that happens to me too.
Quote from [106]dan :that happens to me too.

LOL, this will happen to everyone....Its not a bug, it is a problem with how the game is currently programed.
If you want to win races, don't flip the car, simple!
It's not even a 'problem' Matt. It's intended behaviour, specifically programmed by Scawen. Tis a feature. Whether or not you, I or anyone agrees with it is a different matter, but it is not a 'bug', 'problem' or 'error'.

Speed+engine cut=bug
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG