The online racing simulator
For driving in CTRA 1
(19 posts, started )
For driving in CTRA 1
I see most people driving the XFG in CTRA 1. I know it's a little easier to drive, but I do like the XRG a little better. Would you guys recommend using the XFG so I can learn more easily? or stick to what I enjoy? Thanks
Stick to what you enjoy, of course.

Also, the XFG is maybe easier to learn but with the XRG you learn more as it's RWD which will benefit you in the cars you can drive with higher licences.

And there's a whole section for CTRA under Leagues & Events where you can post such threads.
Quote from zeugnimod :Stick to what you enjoy, of course.

And there's a whole section for CTRA under Leagues & Events where you can post such threads.

I'll keep that in mind next time, but thanks for your advice.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
I am currently driving on some tracks, learning the lines a bit better with the RACE_S setup. All i changed on it was the brake balance by a few %. I know the suspension is a bit more complex, but Ill take a good dive on the wiki.
XFG is sometimes faster too. SO5 being one of those cases.
Quote from Primoz :XFG is sometimes faster too. SO5 being one of those cases.

although you´ll remain competitive if you learned to drive the gt well.
both cars are quite equal but its more difficult to handle the xrg fast like the xfg. But CTRA 1 is just plain Destruction Derby where cars doesnt matter at all
at least the last So5 rev carnage...
as most drivers don't care about racing fairly, i recommend xfg. it is more resistant to ramming.

i mostly drive xrg though..
Quote from Not Sure :as most drivers don't care about racing fairly, i recommend xfg. it is more resistant to ramming.

This made me laugh. Best argument for a car choice ever.
Quote from Not Sure :as most drivers don't care about racing fairly, i recommend xfg. it is more resistant to ramming.

The Very End aproves!

Then it got to be one hell of a solid car!?!
Eh, it's easy for me to adjust from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive. But then again, I've got a mouse and keyboard. Might be a tad easier than those with a wheel.
I find there is absolutely no grip in the rear of both the XRG and the XRT. I dislike both of them. They drive like none of the other RWD cars in LFS (except maybe XRR I guess, I don't like that car either).

The XFG is the only FWD car that I like to drive. Any other class, I take the RWD over the FWD or AWD. I just enjoy that little hatchback.

Difference between the XF and the XR is, XF will handle the tight corners better, but the XR has better speed on the longer straights. With some tracks that have both tight corners and long straights, it can be a fantastic battle in a mixed field with the XFG taking the insides and carving past in the twisties, only to find the XRG catch on the straights and take it there.

But since the patch and my use of a clutch, it doesn't matter what car I use, I'm getting passed somewhere....
Quote from mrodgers :I'm getting passed somewhere....

Stop complaining. I get passed everywhere.
I've never driven on a race track, but I strongly feel that competitive XFG setups require more unreal driving style than competitive XRG sets, and that's makes my car choice.
-
As zeugi has stated in 1 of the first posts. The XR generally needs more skills to drive properly. But when you move on your license you will need these skills to get further in your license progress. Nowadays with the restrictions tools its a bit easier getting used to high powered cars. Still youre in need of some RWD skills aswell.
In the long run, the XRG will definitely be the better car to take, imho. A little more frustrating at first, but it pays off later, as people have stated.

And this advice comes from somebody who'd almost always take the XFG if given the choice. I'm just too lazy and impatient to learn the RWDs properly. Also I don't race a lot and when I do, I want to at least have a chance at finishing somewhere in the top 10. Which works fine with the XFG, but it won't really make me progress much.

LOL.

Still, XFG is too light, the weight of the XRG helps it to cope with the bumping. XFG just flies out of Earth's gravitational field when rammed.
I found when driving the XFG and touching the apex, sometimes it would cause me to bounce on my side if going fast and hard enough. Perhaps the setup I was using had too stiff of a suspension.
-

For driving in CTRA 1
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG