The online racing simulator
What do you set your PPS to?
(3 posts, started )
I was wondering what most host set the PPS setting to.? It's 4 by default, but I have mine set to the maximum of 6 for my server.

My understanding is the higher the setting, the more load on the server but there is less of a problem with lag.
#2 - SamH
CTRA servers are all 6PPS. Lower is definitely less load on the server, but if your server isn't on a really good connection the higher setting can actually CAUSE warping in the servers. The advantage of the higher PPS setting, assuming the server's connection is capable, is a higher flow of data and better quality/more accurate multiplayer racing. Cars warp less because position packets and input packets are sent more often, etc.
When I had my server up I tried several settings on the PPs. The lower indeed meant less stress on the server but you could actually see people warp from time to time. When setted higher there wasnt any warping anymore. However with a higher PPS it means more bandwitdh needed. I always set it to 6 to avoid unnecesarry warping or lagging. But it means on some host you need to take down the amount of drivers who can drive online.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG