The online racing simulator
Hi,

MC after test driving your layout on S06 for the competition, the first and last part of the layout are placed perfectly, although the middle section covering the top of the hill and downhill composite corner are slightly out of place. This modification i have done will allow drifters to run the ideal line, full speed at full angle and should make the competition more competitive.

Here i have posted the replay to demonstrate the line along the new layout (Rubbing the walls )

SO6_D1 Comp_mod.lyt

^JÉÝ^GÓ^JØIÚ^B«Ê»_SO6_XRT_14.spr

One last thing, i will also include the World Record Replay for my reference as the line i use is a "similar" line to the one i used in the WR. (Of course Acceleration and E-brake aside, although brake locations are almost exact.)

Here is the Current WR replay
D E V I L -Z-_SO6_XRT_11443.spr

Looking forward to the competition
All the best Drift participants
Should be fun
Attached files
SO6_D1 Comp_mod.lyt - 948 B - 258 views
^JÉÝ^GÓ^JØIÚ^B«Ê»_SO6_XRT_14.spr - 43.3 KB - 242 views
D E V I L -Z-_SO6_XRT_11443.spr - 106.1 KB - 241 views
Hey guys ^_^
i was wondering is Nomination's still open for this so called Drift event?
If so could i Pls Sing up =]
My in game name Is [RDT]C.A.P.A =]
Tnx add me to msn if there are any problems [email protected] Tnx =]
Whats with all the Japanese wannabe Nicknames? Did any of these people know that Japanese doesn't make use of latin characters?
Quote from mc906 :i kno, the website will be down for a while, but it will be back up by next friday.
i also got the live boardcasting thing working

it will be boardcasted here:
http://ustream.tv/channel/shikane-route-tandem-duo-

The rules are adapted from the D1GP rules with some modification.

if you are one of the people who hates drifting, please dont continue to read this post and dont reply with a hating post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Website for more info: http://tandemduo.lfs-drift.com/

Allowed Car Types: XRT, FXO, RB4, FZ5

Shikane Route Tandem Duo² is a Live For Speed Drift Event hosted by Shikane Drifters. Tein and MC of Shikane Drifters came up with the idea of hosting a competition due to the lack of events in the drifting community lately.

Shikane Route Tandem Duo² is a Show Drift event featuring the best drifters in the Live For Speed community such as Stan from Saiko D and many more. It use solo run scoring system and the twin drift system. The rules are adapted from the D1GP rules with some modification.

If you are interested, please visit the website, post a reply, or msn me, [email protected].

heres a list of all the participants with some of their cars
http://tandemduo.lfs-drift.com/Participants.html

Could not make any of the links to work

Is the competition full? could I join?

Would have made this a topic on my team's forum, but not sure how we are up to the standards(new on comp's, not drift)

My LFS-nick: =Wolf=[NO]
My ingame-nick: ™DB =WOLF=[NO]

Will be driving XRT or FZ5, depends on track/layout.....

Added you on msn, if anyone else have information regarding the competition, add me on msn: [email protected]

Nice to see some drift competitions, hope replay's will be posted afterwards

Edit: guess it is full.....
Quote from BlueFlame :Whats with all the Japanese wannabe Nicknames? Did any of these people know that Japanese doesn't make use of latin characters?

What do you mean?I cant use my name?
Quote from meanstreakJR :Hey guys ^_^
i was wondering is Nomination's still open for this so called Drift event?
If so could i Pls Sing up =]
My in game name Is [RDT]C.A.P.A =]
Tnx add me to msn if there are any problems [email protected] Tnx =]

umm
if you want to call this a "so called Drift event?"
than this is not a place for you
Quote from BlueFlame :Whats with all the Japanese wannabe Nicknames? Did any of these people know that Japanese doesn't make use of latin characters?

shikane is not japanese...
its rooted from the word chicane which is a name of a south city section
drifters is english
mc is my initials
tandem is english...
duo is english...
wats so Japaneses about it...
Quote from D E V I L -Z- :Hi,

MC after test driving your layout on S06 for the competition, the first and last part of the layout are placed perfectly, although the middle section covering the top of the hill and downhill composite corner are slightly out of place. This modification i have done will allow drifters to run the ideal line, full speed at full angle and should make the competition more competitive.

Here i have posted the replay to demonstrate the line along the new layout (Rubbing the walls )

SO6_D1 Comp_mod.lyt

^JÉÝ^GÓ^JØIÚ^B«Ê»_SO6_XRT_14.spr

One last thing, i will also include the World Record Replay for my reference as the line i use is a "similar" line to the one i used in the WR. (Of course Acceleration and E-brake aside, although brake locations are almost exact.)

Here is the Current WR replay
D E V I L -Z-_SO6_XRT_11443.spr

Looking forward to the competition
All the best Drift participants
Should be fun

i will take a look at it at see when i hav time
but i hav to tell you that if i do use it, there will be some other mod to it, since you made this one and you are in the comp.
but anyways thx
Quote from mc906 :shikane is not japanese...
its rooted from the word chicane which is a name of a south city section
drifters is english
mc is my initials
tandem is english...
duo is english...
wats so Japaneses about it...

i think he was talkin about devil z's name how it has japanese characters on it lol
Deleted
Quote from mc906 :Heres the round 1 QUALIFYING ROUND layout, its the final version, differ than the version i send to some of you for testing before. So please download and practice. This layout is currently on Shikane Drifters (Server). You can practice with friends there

SO6_TandemDuoFinal.lyt

Are you don't know how to set the check point?
Thanks MC for allowing my changes to go through the final version of the layout. This will definetly make the competition all the more exiting with drifters having more opportunities to pass with the layout i made during the Mid-Section.

Tandem at 100kmph at a 10cm distance anyone?
Quote from D E V I L -Z- :Thanks MC for allowing my changes to go through the final version of the layout. This will definetly make the competition all the more exiting with drifters having more opportunities to pass with the layout i made during the Mid-Section.

Tandem at 100kmph at a 10cm distance anyone?

lol no one twins here
its only qualifying
There are a few things wrong with the layout in my opinion.

It does not allow a variety of lines to be performed. It only narrows it down to you the one designated by the barriers. Wouldn't it be boring to see everyone follow the same line?

My other concern are the clipping points. Euh. What clipping points? Instead of barriers, maybe a simple post and a few bale stacks will determine the clipping points as well as to offer a much more entertaining competition.

my thoughts
Quote from -DrftMstr- :There are a few things wrong with the layout in my opinion.

It does not allow a variety of lines to be performed. It only narrows it down to you the one designated by the barriers. Wouldn't it be boring to see everyone follow the same line?

My other concern are the clipping points. Euh. What clipping points? Instead of barriers, maybe a simple post and a few bale stacks will determine the clipping points as well as to offer a much more entertaining competition.

my thoughts

well, my intention for making this layout is to make it hard, make it hard to do a perfect run since we have so many great drifters in the comp for the first round. I dont just want a bunch of ppl doin a perfect run and we have to give out alot of 100s. and there will be way less modified layout for the twin rounds on fern bay gold rev if you pass this round.
good point. eachother's point of view.
UPDATED LAYOUT!!!

Sorry but this will be the final version.
Its not much different from the previous one, in fact, the lines are wider. Please download it and practice it, its on the shikane drifters server. if its not on the list, please use join specific host and type in shikane drifters. Thank You

SO6_TandemDuoFinalEdited.lyt
Gordon you are right about there being many lines that can be driven, but there is only "One" ideal line that can be taken, this layout guides the drifter on maximising speed,line and angle as i mentioned earlier.
It would not be boring watching people take a designated layout line but this challenges them to take advantage of the guided barriers and how much speed and angle they carry through, testing all drifters to see who gets the best line with speed and angle. This is the measure of the layout.
It is the ideal line, make the best of it.
Quote from D E V I L -Z- :Gordon you are right about there being many lines that can be driven, but there is only "One" ideal line that can be taken, this layout guides the drifter on maximising speed,line and angle as i mentioned earlier.
It would not be boring watching people take a designated layout line but this challenges them to take advantage of the guided barriers and how much speed and angle they carry through, testing all drifters to see who gets the best line with speed and angle. This is the measure of the layout.
It is the ideal line, make the best of it.

good point. well everyone dont forget to come
anyways, the compeition is a competition, I'll live with the rules. It's ok.
For some really odd reason,I cant go to the sites.It just exits my out of firefox.
I win woo lol
Quote from Driftfun :I just went to reconnect

but the password is wrong

unhappy now lol

Oh thats gay lol that almost happened to me twice during comp when i lag out

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG