The online racing simulator
Server Low
(10 posts, started )
Server Low
this is a graph of licensed servers from a 1/2 year period and im asking w what happened when the server amount suddenly dropped away for a while, was that the release of patch y?

thought you would find this interesting, i did
#2 - Jakg
Sure it isn't the number of racers online in a few hours period, thats what it looks like to me...

IIRC Fel mentioned some Master Server issues last night which could explain it.
no it's the amount of s2 servers currently running from half a year ago to now
then maybe some people decided to turn their servers off?

there is no way to tell WHY... unless you ask the owner/admin of every server that was offline during that time.

I'm not trying to be cocky... im just stating the obvious
I don't know it seems quite odd that 300 servers would be down for a week or two like that. It could be some serious server problems, costs or something. It could be a ton of things but it is weird how quick it drops then 1 to 2 weeks later lifts back up so abruptly. It wasn't Patch Y though if since that was only a couple months ago now and this dip happened back in I would guess August to October or so.
Was it perhaps the period of time where the master server was moved? I remember a good week or two with issues regarding that.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Was it perhaps the period of time where the master server was moved? I remember a good week or two with issues regarding that.

If the statistic really is for 6 months only, that wouldn't fit.

According to this, the move was one year ago.
There are too many servers online as it is for such a small community that we have... just look at the idle servers that are more or less empty 24/7...

Having less servers isnt really that important to be concerned about at this stage.
Quote from zeugnimod :If the statistic really is for 6 months only, that wouldn't fit.

According to this, the move was one year ago.

ah!
Oh crap, thats right! i totally forgot about the master server moving lol

Server Low
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG