The online racing simulator
Here is an accident that occurred near where I live: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/p ... s/2008/012208fatalupd.htm

Clearly, the problem wasn't speeding, but the fact that drivers around my town are pussies and decided to speed away from the scene of an accident instead of checking to see if the pedestrian that they just ran over is okay. If you flee the scene, you're just in more trouble anyway!
Quote from XCNuse :Yea but here's the thing, this is why I keep calling it biased.

You have your first woman running for president, so you'll get a ton of feminists voting for the first time, and you got your first (well.. not really) black man, so you're gonna get you're gonna get a bunch of first time black voters (btw do not mean to be racist or sexist at all in this post in any way shape or form), so really.. you have two new groups voting .. for their group, so really this once again has turned into a popularity vote.

since (in theory) the candidate with the most votes wins, by definition it's always a popularity vote as the most popular person gains the most votes and wins.

i know what you mean though, over here we'd call it a personality campaign rather than a policy campaign, the difference this time could be that genetic influences may be the over riding factor about the peronalities in question
I like pie. You know what's good? Apple pie. Except, I've heard that they don't have Apple pie in Germany. Oh well, the Germans have lots of beer though. Is beer better then Apple pie? I guess it is if you're German.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I like pie. You know what's good? Apple pie. Except, I've heard that they don't have Apple pie in Germany. Oh well, the Germans have lots of beer though. Is beer better then Apple pie? I guess it is if you're German.

Well, we austrians have Apfelstrudel, which beats the hell out of apple pie any day.

But what's the point?
Quote from ColeusRattus :But what's the point?

My point is that this thread stopped having to do with "Clutch Starter Safety Switch[es]" about 4.5 pages ago, and it needs to be locked.
I concur.
Clutch starter safety switches look good in green...

...all fixed!
I know some ppl have "rewired" their manual cars to bypass the switch when it distintegrates from age.

Actually, a better option that just plain locking is to split the thread up and put the whole "kids should have slow cars" part in a thread in the off topic section.
Quote from Impreza WRX :In real life, road cars with manual gearboxes have a little safety switch. The car will not engage the starter unless you push the clutch. Even if you are in Neutral.

It would be a little cherry on top to have the road cars in LFS do the same thing, where to start the car "Press I" you have to hold in the clutch.

The only car I have ever seen where you have to depress the clutch in order to start it is the new Toyota Yaris.

My car will start as long as it's in neutral, you don't have to have the clutch it, and it is the same in every other car (over 20) I have ever driven.
after 4 pages i just wanted to gouge my eyes out.

I propose the disolving of the Europoean Union as it stands and teh formation of the European Automotive Nanny State. Since the leader for such a nation must be Overbearing, Condescending and have a two foot long piece of 3/4 inch bar stock shoved up thier bum, I nominate Tristan.

okay, now that ive got the satire out of my system:

I have to agree with Fastback, 130 bhp isn't enough to be "dangerous" (all cars are dangerous if nto respected, but 130 isn't remarkable.) I often find over here in the states that its actually barely enough, with the way some road ways are designed. Lower horsepower makes you less likely to have a silly moment that ends you up in the ditch on your own, however conversely it also makes the car more dangerous in traffic (such as merging onto highways from urban roads on relatively short access ramps). Low power vehicles pose a danger to not only the driver of the vehicle, but all vehicles around them, as they scramble to cope with a car going much slower than them, in a "high speed" situation.

As far as idiots on the road...... yeah. I'm gonna make a youtube video this weekend, an open letter to the motorists of Ohio entitled "USE YOUR F*CK1NG TURN SIGNALS!!". Nothing pisses me off on the road worse than a sudden move from a car intoa tigh space between me and the car in front of me. Conversely and second only to the previous offense are people who insist on moving into the space that I just signalled I'm about to move into. Both dangerous and stupid situations caused by ignorance.

Tristan, I honestly don't think that bumping driving ages back would make any difference. Remember, Stupid is forever.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :I often find over here in the states that its actually barely enough, with the way some road ways are designed. Lower horsepower makes you less likely to have a silly moment that ends you up in the ditch on your own, however conversely it also makes the car more dangerous in traffic (such as merging onto highways from urban roads on relatively short access ramps). Low power vehicles pose a danger to not only the driver of the vehicle, but all vehicles around them, as they scramble to cope with a car going much slower than them, in a "high speed" situation.

Exactly my point. I guess you could relate it to the slower cars in a race being sometimes more of a hazard that the cars fighting for the lead. In fact, you go too slow, they take you off the track because it's too dangerous. Not quite the same thing, but you get my point.
That's why I drive foot to the firewall in my cars. With 0-60 times in the mid 8's, there is no way to safely get up to speed without punching it, unless you like waiting up to 20 minutes for a long enough break that you can roll out at granny speeds.
130 hp in a 2300 lb car is only dangerous if you are a woman...

lolz
Quote from atlantian :130 hp in a 2300 lb car is only dangerous if you are a woman...

And the idiot of the day award goes to: atlantian!!!!!!
^thank you! i appreaciate it!!!
It was quite an honour, seeing the day was nearly finished.
Quote from Impreza WRX :That's why I drive foot to the firewall in my cars. With 0-60 times in the mid 8's, there is no way to safely get up to speed without punching it, unless you like waiting up to 20 minutes for a long enough break that you can roll out at granny speeds.

Excuse me, but are you kidding? 0-60 in less than nine seconds is hardly slow in my book!I've been driving a car with a 20sec time quite happily, and that includes getting on the autobahn safely. You just have to use your eyes and right foot with a bit of foresight and you will be fine.
...and a lot of patience, which no one in South Florida has! Except that old guy that drives the camper down US1 (45 MPH) at 25 MPH.
wtf... you haven't lived until you have done 60 in a 35 zone, on windy dark roads with black ice and snow on the asphault...
Quote from atlantian :wtf... you haven't lived until you have done 60 in a 35 zone, on windy dark roads with black ice and snow on the asphault...

No, you haven't DIED until you have done 60 in a 35 zone, on windy dark roads with black ice and snow on the asphalt...
Arguing with atlantian is like arguing with a brick wall.

I so hope that he is merely trolling, and actually not that stupid in real life (which would be a short pleasure for him, if he is).
I think he IS that stupid in real life. No one can be that consistently stupid whilst trolling on purpose.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think he IS that stupid in real life. No one can be that consistently stupid whilst trolling on purpose.

I agree. Trolls are too stupid to be consistantly stupid.
My Lord.

I wonder if he's ever heard of IP tracking...

Sam

Clutch Starter Safety Switch ;)
(228 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG