The online racing simulator
#26 - SamH
I think I need to get one of those anyway, for the little missy!
One of our friend's spaniel pups was super-poorly last week. Pneumonia! Two days in intensive care at the vet's, this tiny little 9-week-old king charles. He was the runt of the litter too, so he looked weak even before he was sick.

Absolutely fine now though. You wouldn't know except for the shaved patch on his leg where the drip went in. Went to see if he was OK yesterday and he was trying to have my ears off, little bastard.

Enough O/T for me. Time for bed...
#28 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :Solution

...filled two reports yesterday. Same person, same track, same turn but 3 1/2 hours later.
Quote from SamH :If you have an issue one week with a bunch of drivers acting in a way you know is against the rules, and you raise not one single report against them, you should not be surprised to see the same behaviour continuing into the 2nd week.

I guess you got a point here. It's just that some days the task looks so large that you start to think that report stuff is pointless.

Quote : The CTRA doesn't do very much live admining for a couple of reasons ...

Oh but that's not I was asking for

Quote :We've built the reporting system to be used.. use it. If you use it and it doesn't work, THEN come up with some alternative ideas. Try it first though, please.

I will and I made my first report today. Only one ... that was a very civilized day, for a change
And about alternative ideas, I think it's no harm to throw in some, as long as it's presented as a free suggestion and not a request. No need to be so defensive
#30 - SamH
Can't help it.. immensely defensive here I have a lot of time invested in handling the reports, both as an admin and also as the web developer for the admin interface. I know you weren't asking for live admins.. I was really addressing a criticism levelled another time.

If you have to pit after an accident, you're thence excluded from the results. You can't rejoin and begin retaking positions because that's forbidden in the rules - you've joined the ranks of the mid-race joiner. Even if you did score a position, by some miracle, you wouldn't earn any points for the race because mid-race joiners don't earn points. It's a good time to raise a report instead.

Raising a report is a very quick process. You select the driver responsible, enter the lap it occurred on, and add some text. I usually raise a report during the race that the offence occurred on. In the text, I put "next race". Store the report. One baddy bagged.

I hit MyCTRA later and pick the next race in the drop-down (the filename for the current race isn't stored until a new race begins, or you see the End Race screen.), add some additional value to the report to help the admins spot the problem, watch the replay to make sure I'm not mistaken (I usually delete 80% of my reports at this point) and if all is well, I submit the report.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG