The online racing simulator
Kids should have slow cars
(22 posts, started )
Discuss what now?

Discuss the discussion you've pointed to in the other thread on THIS VERY FORUM? Which, incidentally, has nothing to do with kids driving slower cars.

I think you really need to qualify your question. If we want to discuss safety clutches, the other thread is still there.
:iagree:
Let me be the first:

It took 20 minutes to realize what I just did. But I have a good reason for this reasonless: Alcohol.

Works every time, even when police stopped me because I drove over the speed limits. "Oh, I understand. You can continue.".
I'm so very confused...
#6 - STF
Quote from Gekkibi :[..]Alcohol.

Works every time, even when police stopped me because I drove over the speed limits. "Oh, I understand. You can continue.".

alcohol, as an excuse, saves your speeding ass from the police ?
i envy you, here you just go to jail. like it`s supposed to..
speeding issues are solved by offering bribes, and massive begging (if not > ticket).:P
how can i be on-topic.. in an off-topic section..
okay. i`ll try.

KIDS are not supposed to have cars.
young adults are required to pass several tests and get a license.
now.. when this happens, the "i aM teH uBEr R[a/i]cer, teh fAsteSSt on za PlaNet(plantation ?)" syndrome follows. some are more affected than others.
slow cars, don`t know about that. maybe its a good idea, to have a progressive learning curve. A car park is required for noobs to get accustomed with their car handling capabilities. but coming from a powerful car, you won`t know what to expect when you drive a shitty one, maybe you try an overtake sometimes and you only get a head-on crash, because you couldn`t judge the distance properly. or another scenario when you don`t have time/space/the necessary equipment to stop in time and you hit a young mom with her kid running down the street to catch a bus..
if you use your own judgment, and not listen to the other noobs on the back seat.. you`ll survive to tell the story when disaster strikes (someone else can crash you.. you don`t have to be the one causing it.. even if you`re young). you can die at any age.. you can be even more crazy and a risk taker as you grow older.. heck, many adults are sometimes way way weaker drivers than young ones.
Quote from STF :alcohol, as an excuse, saves your speeding ass from the police ?

...Don't believe everything what is on the internet.
roll me three of the ones you just smoked
#9 - JTbo
Just learn them to use cars potential correctly and those not able to should not be allowed to road, we could use removal at least 50% of driving licenses in this country
#10 - 5haz
Hmm?? Most 'kids' have slower cars anyway, because they cannot afford faster cars, unless they are from rich families? And anyway, even if you carsh a 'slow car' badly, you can still die, its just makes the difference between dieing in once pice and having nothing left other than some charred remains.

To be honest having young adults driving slower cars will not make the roads any safer, and probrably will make barely any difference at all.

Are we talking about in reality here or in LFS??

In the UK there is now a stereotype that all young drivers get killed in road accidents and are all iresponsible drivers, and there are no irresponsible drivers over 25, and also young people commit all crimes, so on so forth

Incredibly, not all young adults are irresposible, stupid sheep, this may come as a suprise to some people who enjoy looking at things through the stereotype goggles
Does anyone actually need more then 58hp? Why can't we just drive small golf cart sized vehicles that cannot go more then 45mph but can travel 500km on tank of fuel/charge?
#12 - 5haz
Quote from wheel4hummer :Does anyone actually need more then 58hp? Why can't we just drive small golf cart sized vehicles that cannot go more then 45mph but can travel 500km on tank of fuel/charge?

Especially in the UK, the only places I can think of where cars go any faster than 45mph is on motorways/dual carridgeways and some very limited ares of back roads, anyway cars are so efficient now 58hp would probrably get you moving faster than 45mph

From my point of view (im 3 years too young to get a liscense at the moment), I don't really care what kind of car I would have, as long as it holds 4 people, does 70mph and doesnt break down
#13 - DeKo
Normal people who have passed their test within the past couple of years have a slow car anyway, seeing as the insurance is totally ****ing ridiculous. 1 and a half grand for insurance on a 1.25 fiesta, its a total disgrace.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Does anyone actually need more then 58hp? Why can't we just drive small golf cart sized vehicles that cannot go more then 45mph but can travel 500km on tank of fuel/charge?

If I wanted to go the same speed as everyone else, I'd use public transport.

I'll conceed that there is a sensible limit, and at some point the performance is unreasonable for every day use, but every person is going to consider this to be at a different point.

The problem is that regardless of what speed you give someone, there will always be someone who deems that a lower speed is enough. Not having the performance to safely overtake someone who is insisting on going 20-30mph under the speed limit would drive me nuts. It would also make me late for meetings and appointments.

You can state that people should just leave more time for the travel, but at what point does that become excessive?

I'll give you an example. This afternoon I was on the A36 in Wiltshire going down to Dorset to pick up some kit from a client, before their offices shut. I needed to get this kit today. I was stuck behind some berk doing 40 in a 60 zone. There are very few dual lane parts to the A36, and the ones that exist are very short. Not having the performance to increase my speed to the limit of the zone in a reasonable time would have caused me to arrive after the client's offices had shut, which would've rendered a round trip of 3+ hours as useless.

Most of the clients and locations I have to go to have at least some part of the trip like this.

No you don't need a supercar, nor do you need something amazing, but unless multi-lane roads become ubiquitous, you don't have a lover of this idea here.

Quote from 5haz :Especially in the UK, the only places I can think of where cars go any faster than 45mph is on motorways/dual carridgeways and some very limited ares of back roads, anyway cars are so efficient now 58hp would probrably get you moving faster than 45mph

You can really tell you live in London
No.

The reason children can't drive cars isn't because they can't control them. It's because they don't have enough awareness of their surroundings. I'm sure there are very many talented 15-year car drivers that drive better than the average Joe, but most aren't like that.
Quote from the_angry_angel :If I wanted to go the same speed as everyone else, I'd use public transport.

I'll conceed that there is a sensible limit, and at some point the performance is unreasonable for every day use, but every person is going to consider this to be at a different point.

The problem is that regardless of what speed you give someone, there will always be someone who deems that a lower speed is enough. Not having the performance to safely overtake someone who is insisting on going 20-30mph under the speed limit would drive me nuts. It would also make me late for meetings and appointments.

You can state that people should just leave more time for the travel, but at what point does that become excessive?

I'll give you an example. This afternoon I was on the A36 in Wiltshire going down to Dorset to pick up some kit from a client, before their offices shut. I needed to get this kit today. I was stuck behind some berk doing 40 in a 60 zone. There are very few dual lane parts to the A36, and the ones that exist are very short. Not having the performance to increase my speed to the limit of the zone in a reasonable time would have caused me to arrive after the client's offices had shut, which would've rendered a round trip of 3+ hours as useless.

Most of the clients and locations I have to go to have at least some part of the trip like this.

No you don't need a supercar, nor do you need something amazing, but unless multi-lane roads become ubiquitous, you don't have a lover of this idea here.

You can really tell you live in London

+1

Not a big fan of the A36 anyway, too many 40mph limits. And by too many I mean >= 1.
Also +1
Quote from the_angry_angel :Not having the performance to safely overtake someone who is insisting on going 20-30mph under the speed limit would drive me nuts.

Why don't we just ban cars, then? They cause global warming anyway. So do cows. Kill the cows!
wheel4hummer...

...Saturn logo...

...I got confused for a sec.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :wheel4hummer...

...Saturn logo...

Who says I mean the car company? There are many more meanings to "hummer".
Quote from wheel4hummer :Why don't we just ban cars, then? They cause global warming anyway. So do cows. Kill the cows!

How is that relevant? Here's one in response.

The night sky glows red at the dawn. Kill the crows!

I'd like to see the world get on without fossil fuel burning vehicles. Really, I would. It'd be ****ing hilarious, and think of all the problems that would get sorted in a very short amount of time.
#22 - JTbo
Quote from the_angry_angel :How is that relevant? Here's one in response.

The night sky glows red at the dawn. Kill the crows!

I'd like to see the world get on without fossil fuel burning vehicles. Really, I would. It'd be ****ing hilarious, and think of all the problems that would get sorted in a very short amount of time.

I don't really mind if fuel would be cheaper (or non fossile) as long as power is there as well as sound of lumpy V8 backfiring and giving nice rumble at engine braking, sounding glorious concert of 8 cylinders trough straight stainless pipes when back on throttle

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG