The online racing simulator
Feedback regarding games needed
(34 posts, started )
Hehe, didn't even noticed my '666' posts

Anyway, just tried a CoD4 demo, while it looked very good it didn't really got me going into the story - perhaps normal as it is only one map.
It do is frustrating: you got to cross an double laned street and jump over a car wreck to get to a house where you got an objective, but at the window you have hostile gunmen shooting you. You take them out, 3 secs laters they are replaced. You actualy better run whiling being shot at and hit to the other side, instead of taking them out from distance to cross safe. I know, it was like that in CoD2 as well but... It isn't making any sense. Positive is the AI is doing very nice, but not convincing enough (in the demo) to jump up and go buy it. A friend will bring along a Crysis demo next week so.. I'll see how that is.

Hmm... perhaps find a cheap BF2 afteral to teach Peckers how to play ?
Just tried a BF2 demo... Yep, I'm sure what to play.

CoD4 is a lot better, better graphics, sound, ect... But BF2 just felt better. Can't explain it, perhaps the demo is cheating on me but... I'll wait until CoD4 has dropped in price before buying it.

Now, regarding BF2: what version(s) should I buy ? I read about some expansion packs (Vietnam, ect...), some feedback would be good.

Thanks,
#28 - Jakg
BF2 + Special Forces.

Playing Special Forces (ONCE!) lets you get an extra unlock for the full game (extra gun you can use online). EA screwing money out of you to own harder, but worth it imo.
Quote from GianniC :Just tried a BF2 demo... Yep, I'm sure what to play.

CoD4 is a lot better, better graphics, sound, ect... But BF2 just felt better. Can't explain it, perhaps the demo is cheating on me but... I'll wait until CoD4 has dropped in price before buying it.

Now, regarding BF2: what version(s) should I buy ? I read about some expansion packs (Vietnam, ect...), some feedback would be good.

Thanks,

Only link i could find on EA sports site, that is for BF2 and all the booster packs.

http://eastore.ea.com/servlet/ ... ge&productID=78869400
There do are no-tank/planes/... servers, right ? And they do are well populated (even 64 full) ?
Quote from GianniC :There do are no-tank/planes/... servers, right ? And they do are well populated (even 64 full) ?

There are no vechiles server (infintry only servers), there are about 800-300 servers all the time and yes there are alot of server that are full.
Quote from Shotglass :regard that game as the netkar of first person shooters

mmmm...huh?

I would compare arma to LFS and BF2 as NFS. I have bought of all kind of games and I have been happy with Arma. The worst game for the money ever must have been Cod2 (level design shite and small maps, mp gaming full of jumping rambo kids and no sight of co-operation which would be hard anyway when you can pee on the other side of the map).

Some say all kind of bit unfair about Arma. Slow? Not really so much if you put the settings to the level of your machine. I could run it with P4 and Radeon 9700 (not really a joy, but still) and in E9750+8800gts it is a joy. Bugs? Well, some but not so really worse than other games imho. bad single player? Well...mediocre imho (not so bad but not splendid either), but on the other hand I haven't bothered to play single player game more than once in any FPS. These games are often bought for MP games anyway.

I have to say though that I wouldn't quite rank it in the same group as BF games or Cods which are basicly shoot em ups. Arma is good for simulating tactical co-operation in battle field. It is not ment as a "screen shot generator" (like crysis), but it looks good with high settings. The map(s) is huge and especially if there are lot of stuff going on (AI) it can take some cpu and memory (my max what I have seen has been around 800megs). Arma is in my opinion the most true world like. Many games have smallish maps which have all kinds of artifical obstacles to prevent you going over the edges and at the extreme they have running in a tube feeling.

It has large modding community too. Some mods increase the realism, some add more weapons and vehicles, some put you into Vietnam. There are few mods which are very recommended to download - sound mods like FDF soundpack and Kegetys lowplants which can often hugely increase your fps (but not to make it look worse).
I'd suggest you get BF2 with none of the addon packs and download the Project Reality mod. There's usually a couple of servers near full that offer good team work with none of the general whining kid nonsense and arcade gameplay seen on the BF2 servers.
Quote from Aquilifer :I would compare arma to LFS and BF2 as NFS.

+1 to that

BF2 is still pretty much arcadish even with the reality pack, and i'd rate it alongside Delta Force BHD. They're not bad, and can be quite fun if you fancy a laugh.

Arma is similar to America's Army or the Original Ghost Recon but with so much more depth, not a dash and blast game. And imo is the best of the bunch.

Feedback regarding games needed
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG