The online racing simulator
What LFS video got you into LFS?
(37 posts, started )
Before i was heavilly into LFS and crazy about the saiko D videos, this video also got me VERY into LFS.

This was when i used to play around with nitro RC car alot.

I was just amazed by the LFS physics in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ksjz5rVls

Edit:

This also explains why i also put donuts in my movies
Quote from Danas :Thats the BEST effects for a LFS video ive ever seen, I bet nobody even watched it to the end.

OMG THAT ROCKS!!!!
Didn't some demo guy make that?..

I love those effects.
The STCC got me into it.
Quote from Danas :Thats the BEST effects for a LFS video ive ever seen, I bet nobody even watched it to the end.

Wow the crash at the end is very realistic.Very nice video.
the video wich got me into LFS was a broadcast of the ESL on NBC Europe Germany (called NBC Giga). The show was GIGA Games and they had 5 mins for console games, 5 mins for PC games, 5 mins for Mods and so on, and finally 5 mins for eSports. I know Vykos69 was invited, presented the game (racing simulation) and commentated the race, and presented it aswell. It was S1 time. But he said that the version S2 is under devellopement and that it contains damage modell and so on. Months later, I saw him again, and they were testing the S2 demo. That were the first weeks I had my first own PC. I downloaded it and then I felt in love.
Both "Why I play" and "Just_racing" videos made by Kraniwani... They're the best ones so far...Oh yeah, and DoN's Prodrive. These 3 vids rock
Quote from squad_e :Before i was heavilly into LFS and crazy about the saiko D videos, this video also got me VERY into LFS.

This was when i used to play around with nitro RC car alot.

I was just amazed by the LFS physics in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ksjz5rVls

Edit:

This also explains why i also put donuts in my movies

i dont get it, how does that show u the physics of LFS?
Quote from nisskid :i dont get it, how does that show u the physics of LFS?

The physics of throttle control, comparing it to a RL rc nitro car, that they were pretty damn close.

And i know it wasn't the best edited video back then, i just kinda happen to type in nitro rc drifting and that video came up in the search result. So i was like, i so need to try out this game.
Quote from squad_e :The physics of throttle control, comparing it to a RL rc nitro car, that they were pretty damn close.

And i know it wasn't the best edited video back then, i just kinda happen to type in nitro rc drifting and that video came up in the search result. So i was like, i so need to try out this game.

lol, its a RC car tho, the physics are completely different to drifting a real car. i mean i could go into the differences, but i would have just assumed it was pretty clear.
Quote from kaynd :The basic physics that make something with 4 wheels react like this, are the same…
The only difference is that anyone can easily drift an RC car using this.
http://www.hpi-europe.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=80588

sorry for the offtopic

ok im going to have to go into it arnt i? lol. first off, soz for the off-topic.

first off, throttle control. now as im sure ull understand, a engine the size of one seen in a RC is simply compeltely different to one seen in a full size car, the size of the engine alone means it is ridiculously responsive, as well as very powerful for the weight of the shell it is in, this means the throttle acts completely different. also the tyres come into play here, i beleive they use very hard compound on the back of these drift cars, this means the car can slide a lot easier, reducing the need for sources of force to make the car slide, such as handbrake, cornering, and throttle, this means an RC car can slide with a lot less need for throttle input to keep the car sliding, which once again means the throttle is used very differently.

also steering, now im not exactly sure how these cars steer, im assuming electric actuators or something similar controlled by signal from the controls, now i dont think i really need to go in how this completely eliminates any similarity's to the feel of a steering rack or box, even power assisted steering.

2ndly you have things like camber, toe, caster etc which affect the feel of the car and change the steering quite dramatically, these are what make a steering wheel feel like it does, steer like it does, and return like it does. for instance caster and camber affect how the steering wheel returns as the car straightens, this part of how the wheel returns is an extremely important part of drifting, something which is completely absent with an RC car.

mass, simply a scaled down car that weighs a few KG or whatever they weigh, will not react anything like a 1.2tonne car at full scale.

the list goes on, the physics in LFS are awesome, but i think comparing them to an RC car is just quite simply wrong as an RC car reflects nothing of what a full sized car feels like.

but for reference, heres me drifting in LFS (unfortunately i dont have any long vids on in car) the in car footage is mainly at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjz6aBkTWGE

this is me drifting in my R32, weighs around the same, 2ltr turbo, so relatively similar setup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23WzkTHybJE

if u watch the steering, u can see how similar they react both in lfs and real life, obviously the XRT has much better adjustment and has been tuned a lot better, but the similarity is still very obvious.

i guess this is really what got me addicted to the game, the physics are closer to real life than any other imo.

What LFS video got you into LFS?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG