The online racing simulator
Who was the first LFS user ( s1 licence ) ? exept devs , mods .
i wanna know who was the first s1 licence'd driver .
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
is that correct ?? u sure there arent any more .
Doesn't it only create your account when you try to log in to the forum though ...
Quote from jwardy :i wanna know who was the first s1 licence'd driver .

Only the Devs could answer this as it'd be the first person who paid.

Quote from duke_toaster :Doesn't it only create your account when you try to log in to the forum though ...

No. My join date is when I signed up for a name, not when I tried to get into the forums. These forums did not exist in January 2003.
And... what about the RSC forums?
#6 - Don
Quote from RacerAsh3 :And... what about the RSC forums?

What about them? Someone's join date at RSC is the date they joined RSC and does not correspond to a join date here. Unless the system here has changed, my join date looks to be the same as the day I signed up for a racers name.
I was responding to usbeethoven who gave the link to the first person on this forum.
Quote from Scirocco :What about them? Someone's join date at RSC is the date they joined RSC and does not correspond to a join date here. Unless the system here has changed, my join date looks to be the same as the day I signed up for a racers name.

Actually, when the forum move from RSC to this one occurred the usernames and join dates were moved as well.
Quote from xaotik :Actually, when the forum move from RSC to this one occurred the usernames and join dates were moved as well.

No, the usernames and join dates are for LFS accounts only. These are completely seperate from RSC accounts.

Edit: So, back on topic, vari was the first person to register a LFS account (apart from Victor), but afaik it's impossible to see who bought the first S1 license. S1 wasn't released until July 17th 2003, by which time there were 1000s of accounts already created.
Were demo users accounts originally imported to the LFS forum users database when the forum was created? If not, vari may well have been one of the first (if not the first) licensed users.
Quote from Albieg :Were demo users accounts originally imported to the LFS forum users database when the forum was created? If not, vari may well have been one of the first (if not the first) licensed users.

The dates were carried over from the name registration date at lfs.net, which is not the same as the day you became licensed. I've been #48 since the day I signed up.
I understand that, but still I have to note that the first users in the list are either s1 or s2 licensed, and this forum was created in 2005, after the release of S1. No demo users, except one who posted in the thread I linked with a demo account since he couldn't change his name.
So there are a few options:
1) All the first lfs.net account holders eventually got an s1 or s2 license.
2) There has been a cleanup of demo users.

If there's been a cleanup, either initially or later, only licensed accounts remain at the start.
Edit: I've browsed only the first 20 users or so, so my conclusions are partial.

Re-edit: Scirocco is right, my reasoning is flawed. But what was the main reason, at the time, for registering at LFS.net? There was no LFS forum and probably (I don't know for sure since I knew about LFS later) no statistics for demo users, so I assume that the only good reason was the intention to buy S1, which I recognise is not the same as buying S1. Or, alternatively, one could have had the intention to reserve a user name for future use.
Quote from Albieg :I understand that, but still I have to note that the first users in the list are either s1 or s2 licensed, and this forum was created in 2005, after the release of S1. No demo users, except one who posted in the thread I linked with a demo account since he couldn't change his name.
So there are a few options:
1) All the first lfs.net account holders eventually got an s1 or s2 license.
2) There has been a cleanup of demo users.

If there's been a cleanup, either initially or later, only licensed accounts remain at the start.
Edit: I've browsed only the first 20 users or so, so my conclusions are partial.

Well it seems unlikely that anyone who registered at the beginning of 2003 and, 2.5 years later was still active in LFS (registering on this forum), would not be licensed.
Quote from Albieg :There has been a cleanup of demo users.

There has? I still have a demo account from 2003 (that I forgot about until very recently) and it's still in the database. Granted it's "no longer welcome" on the forum since we can't have 2 accounts.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :There has? I still have a demo account from 2003 (that I forgot about until very recently) and it's still in the database. Granted it's "no longer welcome" on the forum since we can't have 2 accounts.

Well that clears things up then I guess!
Also remember it was possible to pre-order S1 (and S2, and even S3 as I recall, though I'm not sure if the system lets you do that anymore?) so the date of first purchase is well in advance of the date of S1's release.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :There has? I still have a demo account from 2003 (that I forgot about until very recently) and it's still in the database.

No, I don't think so as of now, but I can't figure out a good reason in 2003 for having a demo account registered on lfs.net, if not for wanting to buy S1 since in 2003 there was no forum. That must be why the first users are all licensed.
Quote from Albieg :No, I don't think so as of now, but I can't figure out a good reason in 2003 for having a demo account registered on lfs.net, if not for wanting to buy S1 since in 2003 there was no forum. That must be why the first users are all licensed.

There were many people using LFS at the time and this was your chance to reserve a name for your license. I'm sure that many people reserved more than one name, just in case they'd need it. As for no forums, well, there was one and it's still there.
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205
Quote from Scirocco :There were many people using LFS at the time and this was your chance to reserve a name for your license.

As I stated in a previous edit of mine as an alternative reason.

As for the forum in RSC, the usernames obviously are not synced with lfs.net.
Quote from Albieg :No, I don't think so as of now, but I can't figure out a good reason in 2003 for having a demo account registered on lfs.net, if not for wanting to buy S1 since in 2003 there was no forum. That must be why the first users are all licensed.

Nope, it's still there.

Quote from Scirocco :There were many people using LFS at the time and this was your chance to reserve a name for your license. I'm sure that many people reserved more than one name, just in case they'd need it. As for no forums, well, there was one and it's still there.
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205

I can't belive it's still active though.
Quote from joshdifabio :No, the usernames and join dates are for LFS accounts only. These are completely seperate from RSC accounts.

Well then I guess I'm the exception to the rule since my join date was migrated from the RSC forums even though I wasn't a registered LFS user at the time.
#23 - dave
09 July 2003 creditcard £12 was when i got my license.
Quote from xaotik :Well then I guess I'm the exception to the rule since my join date was migrated from the RSC forums even though I wasn't a registered LFS user at the time.

Are you sure? Your RSC account has a different join date to your LFS account.
Quote from joshdifabio :Are you sure? Your RSC account has a different join date to your LFS account.

Indeed there appears to be a one day discrepancy. While yours for example is the same for both LFS and RSC. *shrug*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG