The online racing simulator
Right foot-braking!
(9 posts, started )
Right foot-braking!
Hi

I have Logitech Formula EX wheel. It has a brake and throttle pedals. I used to play right foot on throttle and left foot braking. The problem is that position is so unnatural to me and I got some pain in my left shin and ankle. So I am beginning to play the right foot throttle and brake way. I just want to know if anyone drives that way or used to drive that way. How long will it take to get used to it?

Thanks
Quote from Speeder75 :Hi

I have Logitech Formula EX wheel. It has a brake and throttle pedals. I used to play right foot on throttle and left foot braking. The problem is that position is so unnatural to me and I got some pain in my left shin and ankle. So I am beginning to play the right foot throttle and brake way. I just want to know if anyone drives that way or used to drive that way. How long will it take to get used to it?

Thanks

I also has this wheel, and I use right foot (mostly) for both throttle and brake but the reason is that my left foot operates the clutch pedal tho
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I also has this wheel, and I use right foot (mostly) for both throttle and brake but the reason is that my left foot operates the clutch pedal tho

What do you mean? Doesn't that wheel have just 2 pedals? Mine does.
It does, I have extra pedal on the left tho (other pedals set)
Quote from Speeder75 :What do you mean? Doesn't that wheel have just 2 pedals? Mine does.

he meant that his wheel has 3 pedals, like several cars in reallife (one for clutch, one for acceleration, one for braking) and like in a normal life car with three pedals, he uses his left foot for clutch, and his right foot for brake and acceleration.

Also I know that some F1 drivers uses this "reverse-pedal-setting". On my mind, you only will need several races, to make your right sensitive enough for braking.
i only brake right in cars with clutch.
I brake with right foot always. Mainly cause IRL it is used, of course, and in games I almost always drive cars with clutch. I have tried left foot braking with sequential gears, but I just can't "feel" brakes with my left foot, I've just got used to right foot braking. But well sometimes I blip brake with left foot while in full throttle to make my car do funny stuff. Especially on RBR. But that doesn't really have nothing to do with braking itself.

BUT, when I was little kid with no knowledge and skill about cars and driving, I had some cheap steering wheel with two pedals. On those days I used to brake with my left. When I grew up (or something) I wanted to start using my right foot, because of realism. I started it and I got used to it, quite good, I mean, I can't brake with left anymore.
Which foot you brake with is entirely up to you. You will find that rll drivers tend to be right foot brakers because that is what they do in rl. I drive a mixture of auto's, manuals and computer stuff so I have actually developed an ability to mix and match. I actually use many techniques such as left foot braking and heel toeing in a professional remit, though certainly not racing.

If you ever get the chance go look at some of the pedal cams out there on youtube. You will find that most of the great touring car drivers and Auzzie v8 drivers will mix and match all the time. Left foot, right foot, heel toeing. For them it's whatever method suits the moment and what they are trying to get the car to do. But then they are proffesionals and know exactly what to do at any given moment (well, nearly anyway).

So it's whatever you are comfortable with. There is no standard, just different techniques.
I have a G25, i use it how you would in a real car

Clutch Break Acellerator

C = Left
B = Right
A = Right

Right foot-braking!
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG