The online racing simulator
Game Stutter
(35 posts, started )
@ Gnomie , exactly i forgot to mention it . Tried , and tried again , but no clue what i should do . But the good thing is , it only happens for a millisecond and then is gone , still pisses me off tough . Oh well , if anyone has any ideas fell free to post them here
Ok here we go again . After testen everything there is to test , on a 6600gt 6800gt and 8800gtx i noticed that the problem is not our computers , the problem comes from LFS . I remember never having stutters , if a player joined the server or just came out of the garage , everything started after patch y was released . I think the devs should work something out , i have lost alot of good laps because of this stuttering bs . I havent been driving that much since , it really gets on my nerves sometimes .
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Ok here we go again . After testen everything there is to test , on a 6600gt 6800gt and 8800gtx i noticed that the problem is not our computers , the problem comes from LFS .

You mean same system with 3 different GCs? or 3 different systems?
I have an AMD 3000 and a different card, and I agree, I started to have the same, around the time when beta testing the Y. I overclocked the processor and the card and still it's there, just learnt to live with it... and it's not the skins downloading thing, because it happens when racing alone (online)
i was messing around with this program called uniblue speedupmypc. in it there is a cpu optimization wher eyou can like prioritize processes. i raised the priority to lfs and the problem is gone. i don't like this solution because i'd rather not have anything else running in the background, but it at least narrows the problem down to something definitely taking cycles from the cpu. is there a way to do this in windows (not using a 3rd party app)?
@ nelson ,
well i have 2 systems , a 4000 athlon 6800gt and a dual core 6600 8800 gtx . Both of them are in mint condition , with 2 gb´s of ram etc etc . The other one is from my cousin , who also plays LFS . The funny thing is neither of us gets it in singleplayer , only when someone leaves the garage or joins the server . I tried alot of different options , but still have it . I also got used to it but it can get really anoying , sometimes i even stop playing LFS .

@ JMacari ,
did that prog really work for you ? I can´t see why a prog like that should work as both my cpu´s really never had a prob with other intense games . I guess i´ll give it a try , who knows
#31 - Woz
Quote from JMacari :i was messing around with this program called uniblue speedupmypc. in it there is a cpu optimization wher eyou can like prioritize processes. i raised the priority to lfs and the problem is gone. i don't like this solution because i'd rather not have anything else running in the background, but it at least narrows the problem down to something definitely taking cycles from the cpu. is there a way to do this in windows (not using a 3rd party app)?

Just CTRL-ALT-DEL and in the process list right click LFS. You can set the priority there. Dont set too high as you need the OS to breath
Quote from Woz :Just CTRL-ALT-DEL and in the process list right click LFS. You can set the priority there. Dont set too high as you need the OS to breath

omg thank you, my problem is finally solved.

Quote from W1ldPort75 :
@ JMacari ,
did that prog really work for you ? I can´t see why a prog like that should work as both my cpu´s really never had a prob with other intense games . I guess i´ll give it a try , who knows

other games i play are fine too, it's only lfs. and the above ctrl alt del method works perfect. give it a try, hope you find that it works for you like it did for me.

edit: i just now started up n2003 (a game i haven't had problems with) to see it's priority, and it was already set to high. maybe that's why lfs was the only thing having problems, other games are already at high while lfs by default is normal.
Well i tried , and still isn´t working for me , maybe a little but not much . Is there a way i can set the priority and keep it that way every time i start the game ?
here is what my target line reads for the lfs shortcut:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high "C:\LFS\LFS.exe"

just be sure you point to the right locations for your machine, they may be different than mine. the last location should point to your lfs.exe, where your shortcut currently points to. this edit changes the icon to the cmd.exe icon, but you can change it back to the lfs one so it will look better at the same place you changed the target line (right click the shortcut -> properties. there should be a "change icon" button. just browse for your lfs.exe).

but if running in high priority didn't fix your problem, it may be beneficial to not run such a high priority as it can take away from the rest of your system.
Probably resolution and antialiasing are too high.

Game Stutter
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG