The online racing simulator
pressure
(14 posts, started )
#1 - tvpro
pressure
Ok, so i've got a race coming up in one week, and i cant get the tires to last for more then 5 laps at max. It's FZ5 at Kyoto National Rev. Try driving and see what i mean... Is the solution to just max out on the pressure, wont that have disadvantages aswell?
Yeah, there will deffinitely be disadvantages with max pressure.
How long is your race? Laps wise..
#3 - tvpro
28 laps, force pit. I need to drive under 2 min lap times to compete.
Ok.. If the race is 28 laps - the tires should start to cool down, since there's alot of tire wear on that track, they will lose tread pretty quickly.
If you set your car up to get minimum wear it (and it still gets hot) it should start to cool down (the tires lose tread and therefore heat).

Have you tested the full 28 laps yet?
Try going the whole distance and don't worry about your tires - unless they get undrivable.
#5 - tvpro
Quote from [DUcK] :Ok.. If the race is 28 laps - the tires should start to cool down, since there's alot of tire wear on that track, they will lose tread pretty quickly.
If you set your car up to get minimum wear it (and it still gets hot) it should start to cool down (the tires lose tread and therefore heat).

Have you tested the full 28 laps yet?
Try going the whole distance and don't worry about your tires - unless they get undrivable.

Nope i haven't done it yet. I usually dont drive a wholre pre-race. But the car tyres get red on lap 5, and doesnt seem to cool down, it doesnt seem either to increase alot above 100 degrees unless you spin. My strategy was to try to max tire pressure and see if it works or just drive with anti-spin to preserve tires even more.
well you can try this setup - its not great it took me about 5 minutes just then to build, i did 5 laps and it didnt seem to get too hot really.
Time weren't that great, but it was my first laps ever around there, it was doing high 1.56's with 50% of fuel.

I really advise against full tire pressure, because full tire pressure is alot in that car - road cars usually run about 32 - 36 psi... full psi on with this car is 58psi iirc.

The two top gears (5th and 6th) need to be longer - but I'm sure you can do that

Good luck!

EDIT: And yes, driving anti-spin is a very good idea If you minimize tire slippage (wheel spin, tire screeching) your tires will last alot longer.
Attached files
FZ5_ky2r_psi camber.set - 132 B - 813 views
I had League race on this combo a couple of months and the tyres was not that hard to keep cool. The problem is if you are getting very hot tyres you need to keep them at that temperture with increaseing the heat at all.

Try and decearse the rear camber to around 1.5/9 area to keep the temps down abit.
#8 - tvpro
Quote from [DUcK] :well you can try this setup - its not great it took me about 5 minutes just then to build, i did 5 laps and it didnt seem to get too hot really.
Time weren't that great, but it was my first laps ever around there, it was doing high 1.56's with 50% of fuel.

I really advise against full tire pressure, because full tire pressure is alot in that car - road cars usually run about 32 - 36 psi... full psi on with this car is 58psi iirc.

The two top gears (5th and 6th) need to be longer - but I'm sure you can do that

Good luck!

EDIT: And yes, driving anti-spin is a very good idea If you minimize tire slippage (wheel spin, tire screeching) your tires will last alot longer.

Thanks alot, Were you driving anti-spin when you pulled 1.56?

How do i make the gears longer? Just increase the differentials of 5 and 6? What temp were your tires?

Also, i drive with mouse, so that's extra bad for the wheels.
omg you're doing a FZ league with mouse... hehe
Well I can't exactly remember tire temps, but the insides where a little red, just try not to make it oversteer too much, though with mouse, I don't think any setup will save you! :o
Umm, I'm not sure how I was driving when I did the 1.56, but it definitely sucked as I said I've never driven around there with the fz5 so it was a little new to me...

With the gears, make the numbers smaller to make the gears longer eg. if 5th is at say 1.566, 1.512 would make the gear taller/longer, 1.600 would make the gear shorter.

Anyway good luck
that chick is hot Scott
Ye, Eva, she's off heaps of movies, and I'm always like omfg she is SO hot... So I just had to get Paul to go check her out and put her in avatar form
Don't know why it took him 30 minutes to find the picture though... oh, wait... :bannana_p

Yours isn't too bad either

(this is sooo off topic, wonder if anyone will find us in this part of the forum?:tilt
Quote from [DUcK] :omg you're doing a FZ league with mouse... hehe
Well I can't exactly remember tire temps, but the insides where a little red, just try not to make it oversteer too much, though with mouse, I don't think any setup will save you! :o
Umm, I'm not sure how I was driving when I did the 1.56, but it definitely sucked as I said I've never driven around there with the fz5 so it was a little new to me...

With the gears, make the numbers smaller to make the gears longer eg. if 5th is at say 1.566, 1.512 would make the gear taller/longer, 1.600 would make the gear shorter.

Anyway good luck

It's a different combo every week in this league. ^^ Last week it was GTRs on Aston National.
Quote from [DUcK] :(this is sooo off topic, wonder if anyone will find us in this part of the forum?:tilt

Well, I was searching for "hot chick" and...
Quote from tvpro :It's a different combo every week in this league. ^^ Last week it was GTRs on Aston National.

I wish I could compete this week, stupid school.

Lucky I get the 14th off, to go wreck more Swedes?

pressure
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG