The online racing simulator
problem with automatic shift
(10 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
i am faster with automatic shift but as it downshifts the back wheels skid for a second taking me out of the corner

can this be fixed or we are forced into manual shift?
#2 - garph
Could try messing around with the engine braking, the clutch pack lsd thing.

But you will be faster with manual shift, you are seeing what the disadvantages of using the auto-shift are. Obviously you will be slower while learning the manual shift but it will pay off in the end.
#3 - lerts
ok ill try manual, thanks

how faster is doing blipping on donwshift

i tried but i dont like at all left foot braking, i could mess up in real driving,

can i get away without blipping?
Quote from lerts :can i get away without blipping?

Yes, but you'll have to downshift later in order to prevent locking the driven wheels. And that usually increases braking distance.

EDIT: And playing LFS doesn't mess up your real driving, at least in a negative way.
Quote from lerts :how faster is doing blipping on donwshift

depends on how you do it
Quote from lerts :i tried but i dont like at all left foot braking, i could mess up in real driving,

Left foot braking is an essential skill to learn if you are ever going to be fast, as is using manual gears.
Do NOT use automatic shifter... Being faster with aut. shifter is quite funny though, but manual is much more realistic. Try to set the differentials, maybe that helps...
I'm guessin you are using sequential paddles or something? You can always heal toe by pressing the brake with your right foot toes, and slide the heal over to blip the throttle. It's what I do in the game, cept I use my left to clutch.
Actually, I think you CAN downshift manually to prevent the revs from dropping too quickly? I used to do this in LFS S1 demo days, and it worked fine until I got onto manual.
acutally, auto shift is not auto tranny, real autos "shift" by torque converter.

LFS gives you the option of "auto-shifting semi-auto" "auto-clutch semi auto" "full auto with padel shifters" or "full maual(if yo uhave a good wheel)"

but the thing is, none of the auto-clutching settings restrict you by disabling shifting or clutching, you CAN use the clutch or shifter anytime you want.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG