The online racing simulator
GT2-FZR tooo fast ?
(50 posts, started )
GT2-FZR tooo fast ?
Hi guys,
it seems that the GT2-FZR are too fast for the other GT2-cars (XRR, FXR)..

For example :

AS6
GT2-"CTRA-Records"
-FZR time 2:47.nn
-FXR time 2:51.nn

an so on...on the other "long" Tracks its similar...the GT2-FZR "rules"

Is it possible to adjust the "restrictions" in the GT2-Class so that the XRR & FXR have chance to "beat" the Alien GT2-FZR ? *g*

Discussion is open

keep racing

UER*Delgado
Demo racer driving GTR's ? O.o ?

edit: kk, you got S2 license.
If he's driving them online on S2 servers (which is what he's talking about) then he must have an S2 license.

Put your banana away.
i see many time Delgado driving on CTRA 3 he's not demo user, and i got to agree with him, i drive FZR-GT2 all the time and it's faster then the others.

Some more points of air restriction will be fine imho.

regards.
Alex
Jepp..
Sorry..i mean GTR-2 Class on CTRA-Server 3
#6 - Bean0
Pretty sure that when the balancing was tested, they were meant to be balanced across all tracks.
Long straights favour the FZ, whereas twistier tracks favour the FX.
Not sure how the Patch Y changes have affected things though.

The guy is S2 licensed - guzzi97
I think Patch Y and its rev limit affected the balance... IMHO it would be great to redo the balance of the GT2´s. GT2 FZR are faster all around
#8 - Dru
Personally I would also say that the differences are due to the drivers as well

It's horses for courses - the same as the GT1 versions - in some places the FZR rules, whilst in other places the XRR or FXR are king...

As a beta tester back in the summer they were pretty balanced... the only thing is now whether or not PAtch Y has changed things drastically??? from my point not really - the above statements are still true
Quote from Dru :Personally I would also say that the differences are due to the drivers as well

It's horses for courses - the same as the GT1 versions - in some places the FXR rules, whilst in other places the XRR or FXR are king...

As a beta tester back in the summer they were pretty balanced... the only thing is now whether or not PAtch Y has changed things drastically??? from my point not really - the above statements are still true

Agreed...to a point. Ive spanked guys in FZR's in my FXR and vise versa. I think depepnding on the driver, the FXR and XRR can be just as potent. At Westhill reverse, my PB is around a second off the what the front running FZR's are doing during the race; their 1:40's to my 1:41's.

Wisedo from the PLZ team cracked into the 1:07's at FE Green the other night in a XRR; I had nothing for him on that tight track with the AWD advantage.

On bigger tracks like Kyoto and Aston, the FZR walks away from most with any decent driver. On those tracks, the draft-tow is an XRR and FXR's best friend.

EDIT: that means I think the cars are pretty equal at the moment.
Quote from Dru :Personally I would also say that the differences are due to the drivers as well

Of course the drivers make a difference...but the car helps I do think the balancing is a little off....don´t mind if they change it or not, just still think that in CTRA GT2 the FZR is faster in ALL tracks. Still can get a win though

Quote from Dru :
It's horses for courses - the same as the GT1 versions - in some places the FZR rules, whilst in other places the XRR or FXR are king...

Quick peek on the CTRA record laps for GT2 ( is SamH could fix/make a sort with CARS it would be easier) In EVERY track that uses GT2, the FZR record lap is the best of class. In a couple of tracks only by .4 sec, average is 1~2.5 sec faster, some tracks >4 sec diff.

As I recall (don´t have time to look, I´m still at work ) in patch X there were tracks for cars, patch Y the same with unrestricted cars, but with CTRA restriction doesn´t seem like that

Just my 2c
#11 - SamH
i agree with Delgado.... the FZR is faster by a LOT against the other GTr's in the GT2 class...
Quote from chanoman315 :i agree with Delgado.... the FZR is faster by a LOT against the other GTr's in the GT2 class...

Its faster, but not ALOT faster. Driver harder, m8.
it is faster, but my beef aint with the FZR, but with the.. XRR.
The XRR trades the drivability of the FXR for... no extra speed. Its simply harder to handle, and as fast as the FXR. Actually, for some odd reason, I find the FZR EASIER to drive than the XRR...

Those +100kgs really hurt it.
Quote from Motordirex :Its faster, but not ALOT faster. Driver harder, m8.

half a second a lap in 4 laps makes 2 seconds difference...and the fzr gt2 are faster than halp a second in a lot of combos (we, ky, probably most aston and bl gp).
Guys & girls,
look at the GP2 "CTRA-Track" Records..and u will see that
the FZR 95% iss tooo fast..

Quote : Fujiwara
half a second a lap in 4 laps makes 2 seconds difference..

Yepp, but at 95% of tracks there will be more then 0.5sec..
Average after 5-7 Lap-Race the FZR has a difference to an FXR/ XRR more then 10 sec..

In GT1 ´the cars are 90% "equal"...and the fights become more
fun with the FXR / XRR

But in GT2 there is boring..or shell it be to become an "FZR" Ligeau ? *G*

So, CTRA-developer, think about an "new" restriction in GT2..especialy for the FZR..
And the fun & hard fights will be come

Thx for listening
Hello Everyone,
I'm new in returning to CTRA since the x patch but I'm ripping up my gold license in the FZR gt2 it is an awesome beast when in the right hands but.... so are the other cars and there seems to be a style to suit most.
I have found that the fzr's do seem to be out performing the other gt2 cars but I think the fxr for instance can keep up if setup right and driven correctly, but not on the straights.
IMO the cars need to be driven to their strengths and not at try to be driven identically to the fzr driver that you might be following, drive a different line to suit and make the most of it.
As BeanO said, obviously different tracks suit different cars too so it does depend on where you are, mostly CTRA race 3 choices seems to be Aston or fast tracks what suit the fzr anyway.

Also could it also be that the faster drivers have ended up picking the fzr because they enjoy the rear engine and rwd challenge? I expect to get flamed for that one, but go easy on the new boy NOT.

( Jackie Stewart once said that the ratio is 2/3rds driver and 1/3 car !!!!! )

But in answer I guess 1% etc restriction would be acceptable.

Johnny
Quote from john_rees :Hello Everyone,
I'm new in returning to CTRA since the x patch but I'm ripping up my gold license in the FZR gt2 it is an awesome beast when in the right hands but.... so are the other cars and there seems to be a style to suit most.
I have found that the fzr's do seem to be out performing the other gt2 cars but I think the fxr for instance can keep up if setup right and driven correctly, but not on the straights.
IMO the cars need to be driven to their strengths and not at try to be driven identically to the fzr driver that you might be following, drive a different line to suit and make the most of it.
As BeanO said, obviously different tracks suit different cars too so it does depend on where you are, mostly CTRA race 3 choices seems to be Aston or fast tracks what suit the fzr anyway.

Also could it also be that the faster drivers have ended up picking the fzr because they enjoy the rear engine and rwd challenge? I expect to get flamed for that one, but go easy on the new boy NOT.

( Jackie Stewart once said that the ratio is 2/3rds driver and 1/3 car !!!!! )

But in answer I guess 1% etc restriction would be acceptable.

Johnny

Hi Jonny,
yes at the most things you are right..but..
For example, the battles with my very fast teammate "kai0r".. (FZR)
In GT1 we are equal fast and sometimes i can beat him on my FXR.
But, in GT2 the same Track, i loose 6sec per Round (exp. AS6)
and of course..i'm not an "slow" driver...i have in GT1 some "CTRA-Track" Records....but in GT2..the FXR sucks...
Hi everybody.
I agree with John_Rees. Each car has its strenght and its flaws. According to my driving style, if we can call it a "style" , and "experience" i feel more comfortable riding the XRR. Besides, the Gt2 restrictions give some advantage to the FZR due to a simple fact. No added weight. So, think about it. You have the same braking performance and the same grip of the Gt1. No turbo lag. Less power to deal with which makes it a bit easier to control.
But, you can drive the tbo gtrs just like the old-school guys used to do. Throttle tapping (avoiding the turbo to slow down too much) and there you go! But still, on fast tracks it is quite hard to catch up. On slow tracks the other gtrs show their turning capabilities and have more potential over the fzrs.

Thats my opinions, based on my "experience", so dont take it the wrong way.
Quote from wizedo :Hi everybody.
I agree with John_Rees. Each car has its strenght and its flaws. According to my driving style, if we can call it a "style" , and "experience" i feel more comfortable riding the XRR. Besides, the Gt2 restrictions give some advantage to the FZR due to a simple fact. No added weight. So, think about it. You have the same braking performance and the same grip of the Gt1. No turbo lag. Less power to deal with which makes it a bit easier to control.
But, you can drive the tbo gtrs just like the old-school guys used to do. Throttle tapping (avoiding the turbo to slow down too much) and there you go! But still, on fast tracks it is quite hard to catch up. On slow tracks the other gtrs show their turning capabilities and have more potential over the fzrs.

Thats my opinions, based on my "experience", so dont take it the wrong way.

Dont list to anything this man says. He can drives circles around alot of people in a shopping cart, so a cars performance is less as important to him. Us slow pokes need all the advantage we can get.
Quote from Motordirex :Its faster, but not ALOT faster. Driver harder, m8.

the weight added to the other cars makes them go slow at some curbs cuz of the transfer of the extra weight, BUT Fzr doesnt have any extra weight on it, so theres no slow cornerrs or so... i think we should use MOE balancing
Quote from chanoman315 :the weight added to the other cars makes them go slow at some curbs cuz of the transfer of the extra weight, BUT Fzr doesnt have any extra weight on it, so theres no slow cornerrs or so... i think we should use MOE balancing

Ok then, fine. Why dont we put it to votefor the GT2 class to either add some weight to the FZR or restrict its intake.
1.07 at fe green is slooooooow....i just did a 1:5.2 with xrr race_s setup
Quote from arrowkart4 :1.07 at fe green is slooooooow....i just did a 1:5.2 with xrr race_s setup

Not in a GT2 you didn't.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG