The online racing simulator
Loeb nearly hits a guy at Monaco rally!
It was close, but i think the guy could see Loeb and knew he would make, no matter how close it be.
#3 - FL!P
Can you believe that retard was a cop?
lol but freakin' hell its cutting it fine. you can see him lifting his leg "oooohhhhh"
lol but freakin' hell its cutting it fine. you can see him lifting his leg "oooohhhhh"

it looks as if he tellin someone to move back for their own 'safety'
And of all things, it looks like one of the safety marshalls that have the whistles/horns to tell a car is coming and get off the track.... :rolleyes:

That is seriously scary to see such a close call.
Damn it was close..
Btw, i just wondered, anyone knows the aproximate sallary of WRC guys, i kinda get the feeling that it's not that big as they deserve..
#8 - samjh
Quote from Boris Lozac :Damn it was close..
Btw, i just wondered, anyone knows the aproximate sallary of WRC guys, i kinda get the feeling that it's not that big as they deserve..

Colin McRae used to earn 3 million pounds (GBP) in 1999, when he was second-highest paid after Tommi Makkinen. So that's roughly 4 million Euros or 6 million USD. Add inflation, and the top salary is probably somewhere in the 4-6 million GBP mark now.

But it's not the salary. Rather it's the promo fees and sponsorships that provide the millions.

Then there are performance bonuses for event placings.

Compared with F1 or even NASCAR, they don't earn that much. F1 drivers can go from less than 1 million GBP to more than 20 million. Even Jeff Gordon from NASCAR earns somewhere in the USD $40M, which probably puts his salary somewhere in the 15 to 20 million.
#9 - aoun
What about back in the day?
That was shockingly close, if that guy had decided to cross half a second later, it'd have been Goodnight Vienna
That cop is lucky he didn't have an extra fiver in his back pocket! Then it could have been nasty
Give the guy credit, I think he timed that walk perfectly.

Something like that happened to me, except a car ran a red light at about 40mph and missed me by about half an inch.
Something similar happened to me, except I walked into the side of a moving van and smashed my ankle to bits, which then caused another car to rear-end the van. I wasn't paying attention when crossing the street because I was distracted by boobies.
that portuguese movie reminds me of something... Natural selection

I say remove the cops and marshalls from the roadside, let ppl stand wherever they want, and let natural selection do its work. I'd predict world free of morons in 10 rally seasons.
Nah, that would be unfair. The broken windshield or possible suspension damage could cost a driver the race. I can already see Loeb fans hurling their bodies on Solberg's or Grönholm's car.
Holy shit! That was close! If I was that guy I would have already pissed into my pants
That wouldnt help removing the marshals you still get idiots i mean look at the Tour De France people surround the road get close to the riders as they can then peel back and not even that works all the time.
Now icrease the speed by about 50 and you have alot of dead bodies on your hands. The increased reaction time would be to much for the minds to handle therefore increasing the ammount of Close call videos you see.
I mean who remebers that video a while ago of a car flipping and barely missing some spectator.
#19 - wien
Quote from samjh :Add inflation, and the top salary is probably somewhere in the 4-6 million GBP mark now.

Actually, even Petter Solberg earns between 5 and 6 million GBP including sponsorship deals etc. (according to Norwegian media). I'm sure Loeb and the other top guys get a fair bit more. They're doing quite all right, that's for sure.
Quote from AstroBoy :I mean who remebers that video a while ago of a car flipping and barely missing some spectator.

That's one of the reasons the Group B rally cars were banned in the 80's (or was it early 90's ?). There were a couple of incidents where cars crashed into spectators, in the worst, i think about 6 or 7 fans were killed (could be more ? was a while back and my memories not so good these days)

On topic: Yikes that was damned close, but he had trouble getting to sleep that night.
Wasn't there one accident with the Ford Rs200 that killed about 15 spectators which was the last straw for group B rallying?

That's how the Rs200s ended up on the road too IRRC, they were being made for rallying but once Group B was banned they had no use for them, so they were just sold, probarly one of the good things to come from the Group B cars being banned.

As for Loeb, well, I wanna see the incar and have a translation of his words after it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYhiJeRPgdw

Saw this yesterday and had me thinking about safety too , when u see the rows and rows of people..just imagine a car rolling.

Totally Offtopic : Kev, i know alot more about u then u think. Thank that crazy ex of yours who hired me to keep an eye on u, so deleting posts wont save u.
Quote from Bawbag :Wasn't there one accident with the Ford Rs200 that killed about 15 spectators which was the last straw for group B rallying?

Yes, it was in the Rally of Portugal in 1986 when the Ford RS200 of portuguese driver Joaquim Santos crashed into the public killing 4 people and injuring about 30 more. In the 80´s the portuguese rally was considered the best of the world, but the behaviour of the spectators was incredible... I watched some of them, by that time, and it was completely insane what people did, staying on the road and just moving with the cars on top of them... For those who don´t know the story here´s a video about it:

http://www.smog.pl/wideo/3383/wjechal_w_tlum/
Quote from Bawbag :once Group B was banned they had no use for them, so they were just sold, probarly one of the good things to come from the Group B cars being banned.

Yeah, except, if i remember correctly, The only way Ford could cover the development costs was to sell them for £50,000 each, and with insurance quotes were going through the roof at the time (80's hot hatch's et'al). No one bought them, (except for a few guys who raced them in rally cross). And if you think about it, in the 1980's who'd want to pay 50 grand for a supercar with a Ford badge ?

Remember the Metro 6R4, that Lancia Rallye thing ? and the SWB Audi Quattro group B car, stunning pieces of kit. Guess the nearest we get to them these days are those Pikes Peak cars.
Quote from Bawbag :
That's how the Rs200s ended up on the road too IRRC, they were being made for rallying but once Group B was banned they had no use for them, so they were just sold, probarly one of the good things to come from the Group B cars being banned.

The majority of the cars were built for homologation purposes (200?) as with any Group B rally car, whether they are actually bought and used as road cars is a different matter. BMW supposedly produced a run of 200 M5 V8 engined E36 M3s to allow it to be homologated in American GT racing, the cars have never been outside the factory and probably no longer exist and don't appear on any of the BMW parts databases but they were technically built.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG