The online racing simulator
Burnt clutch in UFR
(13 posts, started )
Burnt clutch in UFR
Hi,
Can anybody tell me why my clutch is burning out after only 4 laps in a UFR race. It doesn't seem to happen in any other vehicle.
Thanks
#2 - Woz
Quote from mike61es :Hi,
Can anybody tell me why my clutch is burning out after only 4 laps in a UFR race. It doesn't seem to happen in any other vehicle.
Thanks

Because you are slipping the clutch too much and the clutch in that car is not a strongas other cars perhapse.

Watch a replay and watch your gear changes. More slipping (blue bar) = more heat.

Are you blipping on down shifts? Are you flat shifting? etc etc
I'm using sequential shifting without clutch. Just change with my foot down.
Quote from mike61es :Just change with my foot down.

Well, I think you just solved your own problem.
Release throttle when shifting.
#6 - Woz
Quote from mike61es :I'm using sequential shifting without clutch. Just change with my foot down.

No you are not. The UFR does NOT have a sequential shifter.. You have a sequentail gear selector making an H pattern change gear. You HAVE to use the clutch and you HAVE to lift.
you can send a replay and i can look what you make false. though i dunno very much bout shifting
#8 - Woz
Quote from Stefani24 :you can send a replay and i can look what you make false. though i dunno very much bout shifting

Not needed. He is Flat Shifting in a car that does not have the transmission to support the technique. The clutch is taking damage because of that. If gearbod damage were implemented then that would probably expire first instead of the clutch.

All he needs to to is lift the gas when he changes gear. You can only flatshift in certain cars that are built to do it.
its real easy to burn the clutch in a Baby-R. someone spun me and I had my foot down and there my clutch went.
You can select auto for h gate i think tho right? Otherwise people without g25s would be screwed.
just lift the throtle, proble solved
#12 - Woz
Quote from agm_ultimatex :You can select auto for h gate i think tho right? Otherwise people without g25s would be screwed.

Just LIFT the gas when you change. Is it so hard.

Go for a drive IRL but for EVERY gear change use the clutch as normal (as the auto clutch is doing for you) but keeping your foot planted. Then let me know what your repair bill is.
Yeah I know. I was saying that a person who uses the mouse and keyboard can still use sequential for 6spd cars, and does not need to have an H gate shifter for it. I have a G25 and I use the H gate for cars like the UF1 and XRT. I use paddles for the XRR and so forth.

Burnt clutch in UFR
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG