The online racing simulator
pitting at blackwood
(10 posts, started )
pitting at blackwood
improve the exit to blackwood pits so that you rejoin race and are able to take turn 1 as normal. Also y is the pits on the outside of track when all pits in real life are inside? i hate the way you rejoin the racetrak at the moment and quik changes would be greatefully accepted.
another thing, i think that there should be penelties like in real life for crossing the exit line to the pits like in f1
But the real question is, why is this thread in "Technical Assistance"
ive posted a hyperlink of this in imp sug. soz i only noticed it was in the rong place once i had posted it lol
egghed6
#4 - garph
If the pitlane joined before T1 you'd be joining in much faster moving traffic and possible fights for T1. Because you join after T1 it's much, much safer.

I don't see where the pit lane is, outside or inside the track is any issue or makes any difference to anything.

Crossing the pitlane exit lines, maybe, I've been in leagues where that is monitored. Don't know if I'd want it as an auto thing.
Real pits are not always on the inside. Many (roughly 50%) are on the outside.

Why can't you take T1 normally whilst exiting the pits? Because other cars are on the racing line, so the pitlane joins at the exit, where people are a) unlikely to be and b) so that you and they can see you coming and make sure no accidents happen.

If you're going to moan about track design at least engage the brain first. Then we welcome comments.
blackwood pits exits are so okay as they are, the rejoining moment cant be better!
so why changing it??
#7 - samjh
The entire pit straight and and T1 sections of Blackwood are crap.

There is zero run-off area at the end of the pit straight and into T1. To make matters worse, the pit exit is where the run-off should be. So if any driver misses their braking point into T1 and a car is about the exit the pits at the same time, the result will be catastrophic.

It would have been far more logical to have the pits on the inside of the track layout, instead of the outside, with the pit entrance starting just prior to the final turn, and exiting just past the T2 chicane.
I don`t really see the problem in the current pitland on blackwood. I think it`s a good idea, as people mention before it only would lead to mayhem and a lot of crappy situations if the pit exit was shortened to before the T1. And, amoung the pit lines in the game, blackwood is nicest looking of them.
#9 - _ak
Quote from tristancliffe :Real pits are not always on the inside. Many (roughly 50%) are on the outside.

Donington for example
#10 - Osco
maybe extend the exit to the chicane past T1 if this causes so many problems? the monaco pit exit for example?

pitting at blackwood
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG