The online racing simulator
Delivery help
(17 posts, started )
Delivery help
Hello lads...
I would like some information on sending some books.
I wish to sell my series of Unfotunate events set, which is 13 books, each hardback, about A5 size. I will weigh them tomorrow, i reckon they're around...5kg? half a DFP or G25?
I've tried Royal Mail website, but prices are around £70, and the book are going to be selling for around £70 i hope (£6.99 a book).
I've seen the max delivery for heavy items like wheels on e-bay are around £10 at the max, and was wondering what they use, Parcel-Force? (I got £30 under them)
Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but please can you help me.
Thank you very much
If you need more detail on the items, just ask
Harjun
#2 - Bean0
Sounds like you are getting prices for a next working day service, surely they're not that urgent ?
#3 - garph
Next day or special delivery on a DFP wouldn't cost you £70, you've gone wrong some where.

I'd take em down to a post office and find out how much it would cost to post them, recorded, special delivery or what ever.
http://www.parcel2go.com/

try them i had a friend send me a g25 cheap as chips with them

only 15 quid if i remember right from the south coast

Edit: From £5
#5 - Bean0
#6 - garph
parcel2go.com do awesome deals Check them out.

Failing that you might be better off with a proper courier, rather than the Royal Mail.
Royal standard parcels is what I use whenever i have a large(r) parcel.
ahh, thanks guys, edited first post, they only weight not even half a DFP or G25
THanks guys, i'll go for Royal Mail, not parcelforce, as my dad said they lost one of his parcels
ParcelForce are utter crap. We use them to send out routers and if the address isn't 100% accurate and matches the one the Royal Mail has on record, they either won't deliver it, fail to deliver it or lose it. It's like their couriers aren't allowed to engage common sense. Although if the cap fits...

I've never had any problems with CityLink, although they might not be the cheapest option. UPS are alright, but they like to charge you for random stuff on delivery if you happen to rack up any extra costs. Never used FedEx so can't comment on them.
#11 - Jakg
ParcelFarce? No thanks.

Sh*ttyLink? Ew.

Royal Mail ftw!
Quote from garph :10kg A4 size package - Royal Mail and Parcel Force.

http://sg.royalmail.com/portal ... esults&catId=23500532

Actually I have come across extremely high prices when sending packages.

Royal Mail have a boundary system based on weight, i once wanted to send a parcel which was 1.9kg and the price was around £6 but as soon as you go over 2kg the price jumps to £16. We once sent a 13.5kg package at the cost of around £36. Recorded also seems to be cheaper than 1st class. It is a rip off though, i always wonder how companies can afford to send parcel with such cheap delivery prices when buying of the net. I guess they have a business arrangement between each other.

Post in the UK though sucks and is ridiculously expensive.

Mad
Companies usually get favourable rates because they send a lot of consignments per month. I can send anything up to 20kg TNT next day for about a tenner here at work, over that and we are charged extra per kilo.
Quote from Bean0 :Companies usually get favourable rates because they send a lot of consignments per month. I can send anything up to 20kg TNT next day for about a tenner here at work, over that and we are charged extra per kilo.

Why are you sending 20kg of TNT through the post..what next? 50kg of Semtex? Half a ton of dynamite?
Hehe, we switched to TNT at work a while ago from Royal Mail. In the first week they managed to lose four out of ten bags containing account details and payment instructions.

*slow clap*
ok thanks guys Its up on ebay, not sure if i'm allowed to advertise on here though

Delivery help
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG