The online racing simulator
Single Seater Server 2
I am not sure what others think about this but I really like the new SS car and hoped it might be possible to change Single Seater 2 from FOX and FO8 to new BMW and FO8.....

what do people think?????

Not even sure if its easy to do or a lot of work

Just a thought
the new BMW is just not fast enough for the fo8

SD.
it would take an inappropriate amount of handicapping on the F08 i believe... perhaps its just a matter of time for people to develop good setups, but the new beemer just feels so sluggish when going back and forth with the FOX.
...back to the drawing board muppet..

:ices_rofl
I rather think FOX should move up in license and FBM the entry level.

Nice avatar Boogle. Those over the atlantic really need the big numbers to get some performance out of their cars dont they.
#6 - Gil07
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :I rather think FOX should move up in license and FBM the entry level.

Agreed, that way there would be no need for the FJR anymore
Quote from boogle :...back to the drawing board muppet..

:ices_rofl

<<<<--- buys a WACOM tablet!
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :I rather think FOX should move up in license and FBM the entry level.

Nice avatar Boogle. Those over the atlantic really need the big numbers to get some performance out of their cars dont they.

..That pic is the fender emblem from my 1988 Ford Mustang 5.0L LX Hatch (5-Speed Manual) ....and your right about the HP ratings (235 HP with 300 FT\lbs of Torque Stock). Mine is SLIGHTLY modified with Cold Air intake, 24 lb Injectors, Dual 3" Magnaflow exhaust and a new Tremec Super Alloy 5-speed gearbox.
I drive it every day even in the snow. Love every minute of it.
>>>as Jeremy Clarkson said "a european engineer could get that from a blender!!"
#9 - SamH
Quote from StableX :<<<<--- buys a WACOM tablet!

I have a 12x12 Intuos II.. it's way too big!
Quote from Gil07 :Agreed, that way there would be no need for the FJR anymore

i love this car
I am getting 120HP from a 1.4 with turbo from my Fiat Bravo lease so there must be some inefficiencies in the mustang then
The engine is even available at 150HP but it was to expsnsive for my employer
Quote from SamH :I have a 12x12 Intuos II.. it's way too big!

/me exudes unhealthy levels of graphics tablet lust...
Quote from boogle :..That pic is the fender emblem from my 1988 Ford Mustang 5.0L LX Hatch (5-Speed Manual) ....and your right about the HP ratings (235 HP with 300 FT\lbs of Torque Stock). Mine is SLIGHTLY modified with Cold Air intake, 24 lb Injectors, Dual 3" Magnaflow exhaust and a new Tremec Super Alloy 5-speed gearbox.
I drive it every day even in the snow. Love every minute of it.
>>>as Jeremy Clarkson said "a european engineer could get that from a blender!!"

Nothin will beat my monster that i used to have

88 Fiero GT 5 speed w/5.7L LT1 V8 I never took it to the track, but I was confident that it was capable of low 13's or high 12's in the 1/4. Motor was completely stock except for custom headers and exhaust. Work was done by RaceTech Auto in Toronto back in 2001... God i miss that car....

For those of you who dont know what a fiero is... here's a link to a pic... http://www.murrayco.com/fiero/fiero_rear_qtr2.jpg (not my car, but same color and body style. I need to find my pics and scan them) And they did not come with a V8 stock.. They came with a tiny little 2.5L Inline 4 (95HP) or a 2.8L V6 (130hp). So you can see why i put the V8 in now can't you?
Quote from teedot :Nothin will beat my monster that i used to have

88 Fiero GT 5 speed w/5.7L LT1 V8 I never took it to the track, but I was confident that it was capable of low 13's or high 12's in the 1/4. Motor was completely stock except for custom headers and exhaust. Work was done by RaceTech Auto in Toronto back in 2001... God i miss that car....

For those of you who dont know what a fiero is... here's a link to a pic... http://www.murrayco.com/fiero/fiero_rear_qtr2.jpg (not my car, but same color and body style. I need to find my pics and scan them) And they did not come with a V8 stock.. They came with a tiny little 2.5L Inline 4 (95HP) or a 2.8L V6 (130hp). So you can see why i put the V8 in now can't you?

i'll admit it... i am a fiero fan. Those things were so lightweight and capable... too much so, in some cases. they're a great base for kit cars and with engine swaps they're track monsters too...

too bad they ever did away with the in-seat headrest speakers...
Quote from Apoc112 :
too bad they ever did away with the in-seat headrest speakers...

Hehe mine never worked from the day i bought the car :P
back to topic: i think it's really hard atm to make a good population of the SS2. i was not online the last 3 days, so i dont know if it was better than now, but the reason is the new FB02. everybody wants to drive it and if it's used as entry car for SS1 a lot of licenced drivers drive there because of the car. imo the best solution would be a radical "no-points"-rules for all drivers above a NationalB. if anyone wnats to drive that car for fun and close and clean races, he can do this on SS1, but if he wants to go further with the licence, he HAVE TO go to SS2 and above.
the problem of the low population of SS2 is not new, before patch Y it seemed to change and there were drivers on it and there were fantastic clean races on it but the new car changed everthing i think. btw i'm not for canceling FJR, like LordBlaster said, that's a fantastic car and i love that too AND the both cars on SS2 (FOX and FJR) were never designed to be equal, so why should it be, if there would be a FB02 on SS2 ? SS2 is a mixed-races-server, the cars don't need to be equal.

perhaps everbody can write down the opinion about giving no point for NationalA and above drivers on SS1 ? for me this would be a very good solution, and btw i liked that on the new BabyUR server, but it was only for 1 day , so why giving points on low servers for high licences ? and i'm not talking about a reduction, i'm talking about zero-points

hope, my thoughts were understandable
#17 - VoiD
From personal view I couldn´t care less about SSx-servers. I´m a TBO-addict. But IMO it should be the same here. Higher licensed drivers should earn less to zero points on lower tiered servers. But this can´t stop the "driving for fun" attidude.
for sure, the drivers want to drive the new car and they
have a lot of fun with the ufbr

and now we have 6 ctra-servers online. 2 ss-servers (3rd is
coming) and 4 for closed cars (race 1-3 + ufbr).

maybe thats just too much to get them all well populated
#19 - VoiD
:twocents:-mode:
Just be patient. Some of us have to do some family-related-x-mass-stuff these days, others had a cold . When things get normal in january, CTRA-racing will get normal too.
Quote from VoiD ::twocents:-mode:
Just be patient. Some of us have to do some family-related-x-mass-stuff these days, others had a cold . When things get normal in january, CTRA-racing will get normal too.

Quote from VoiD ::twocents:-mode:

i got both...

1st a cold and 2nd a lot of family stuff to do. and atm i´ve no
possibility to use my pc... because my office has become our
dining-room for the x-mas days. and so is my office-desk just
a dining-table for now.

no wheel... no pc.. just a wlan laptop on the couch for me right now....

but tommorrow i´ll be back on track (i hope)
i have some thoughts about the single-seater servers, drove a lot there last times. and a lot of drivers came to SS3 without having a licences and said, that so bad the SS2 is nearly empty. so i had an idea about a little changing in cars, which can follow to a better usage (imo).

SS1 - stay as it is, it's a good entry-server with the FBM

SS2 - allow FBM and FOX on SS2, so NationalB's can choose a cleaner server and they can choose beetwen the FOX and the FBM (imo the most races will be FBM-races ) - delete the FJR for SS2

SS3 - FJR (NationalA), F08 and BF1, so this would be better i think, because the FJR and F08 on one server is a good thing for setting exchange, on this higher server there should not be a problem with 3 different classes i think, especially the most track on SS3 are the long ones. and ATM there are too less International-driver, so perhaps this cold close the lack of drivers and could lead into real races from NationalA and above.

the most important thing is SS2 i think. with FOX and FBM it should be populated, atm the most drivers go to their International's on SS1, and this can be horrorible

just some thoughts, trying to improve single-seaters
It's not a bad idea.
But personaly I woudn't mind removing the FJR.
That car is no fun at all.
And as far as I can see, there are not many people driving it.
I was very happy to get my International B licence, so I could skip that fake car and move to the real thing.
Quote from haelje :i have some thoughts about the single-seater servers.........

I kind of agree with your proposals.

How much difference in speed is there between FBM and FOX? Is it enough for true multi class racing?

I'd like to see FBM's on a higher level server, but personally i think that FOX and FO8 works best as a true multi class series, as proven by the GFC.

Loosing the FJR from SS2 would be no problem. It's simply not popular. During beta testing we had some fun in it, but it's not inspiring to drive at all.
Restricted GT's seem to work well, but restricted FO8's just don't do it for me.

Something has got to change as SS racing is dead apart from SS1
#25 - SamH
The biggest obstacle at the moment is an LFS bug that makes the FJR impossible to drive.

Remember that it's still early days for SS racing in the CTRA. A quick look at the top 25 will tell you that not many people have a healthy licence yet. For now, SS1 is fun and frantic racing. If there's no fix to the FJR problem in the next set of patches, I may drop FJR and adjust SS2 to a straight FOX/FO8 multiclass server, leaving SS3 as FO8/BF1 multiclass. I don't want to make any decisions at this stage, though. Give Scawen a chance to fix the intake/gear bug first

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG