The online racing simulator
Joystick Gearing
(4 posts, started )
Joystick Gearing
Hi there
I am using a joystick at the moment while I save for G25. Question:

Is it possible to set up gearing so that pressing button while accelerating shifts up, pressing SAME button whil braking shifts down?

Reason I'm asking is that I am used to that system from GP3 and GP4 - I find using two different buttons to be awkward.

Thanks a million!
If using 2 buttons is awkward, what will you do with the G25's 3 pedals and 6-gear H-gate shifter?
Hah! Good point. I'm willing to take a few months to get the hang of the G25 but at the moment I'm just looking for some easy control so that I can learn tracks and cars in advance.

The G25 is gonna be tough though - I know that much!

Gonna go for negative rank on GPL at the same time. It'll be GREAT!!!
I don't think it's possible, except perhaps through some external profiler software (which brand is you joystick, logitech?).

In any way I think that while racing sometimes you might want to shift down while on the gas or coasting (after avoiding a crashing car for instance you might find yourself in a higher gear than optimal) and then I believe it would be most annoying to have to brake in order to change down. Seeing that you come from GPL it shouldn't be too hard for you, or does GPL support that multi-button-axis-assignment?

Oh, just read that you simply want to learn the tracks. Then it should be ok I guess.

Joystick Gearing
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG