The online racing simulator
EDIT: Nevermind. it would cause a HLVC error.
Quote from Gabkicks :its not like they arent gonna find out your age eventually...
unless you idea is to impress them with your skill so that they will ignore the agre restriction.

I wasnt actually lying to get through, basically the web site kept saying I didnt meet the criteria so I was just changing things to see what had an impact on my application. As soon as I put it to 18 it was accepted and then it was too late. I cant say Im particularly proud of myself for doing this

And as you all can probably see I wont be impressing them with my skill. Its interesting what Jay said about taking 12 people purely from the online application I think some people will absolutely crumble. I think there are going to be ALOT of people who are quite average at LFS and may not get noticed who would absolutely excel in the BMW.

Quote from Jay Marshall :That would be great, we need as much data as poss, I'm defiantly going to bring some of your fastest guys down to fortec asap.
We're lauching the online search in a couple of weeks in the nationals and motor press, I just itching to get started even knowing we're going to have a shed load of problems. Cheers, J

This sounds interesting, do you mean as well as the 12 potential drivers? If thats not an incentive to practice then I dont know what is!
Quote from ebola :

This sounds interesting, do you mean as well as the 12 potential drivers? If thats not an incentive to practice then I dont know what is!

Same here =)
Quote : Originally Posted by Jay Marshall
That would be great, we need as much data as poss, I'm defiantly going to bring some of your fastest guys down to fortec asap.
We're lauching the online search in a couple of weeks in the nationals and motor press, I just itching to get started even knowing we're going to have a shed load of problems. Cheers, J

hehe I only live down the road from Dav.. so u know like I could come down... check out your setup.. show u boys hows it done lololol and don't u go poaching drivers at Whilon clubbies either!
Quote from Intrepid :hehe I only live down the road from Dav.. so u know like I could come down... check out your setup.. show u boys hows it done lololol and don't u go poaching drivers at Whilon clubbies either!

I can't see your lap on the site, if you post it up there and its in the 12s give me a shout. J
Quote from ebola :I wasnt actually lying to get through, basically the web site kept saying I didnt meet the criteria so I was just changing things to see what had an impact on my application. As soon as I put it to 18 it was accepted and then it was too late. I cant say Im particularly proud of myself for doing this

And as you all can probably see I wont be impressing them with my skill. Its interesting what Jay said about taking 12 people purely from the online application I think some people will absolutely crumble. I think there are going to be ALOT of people who are quite average at LFS and may not get noticed who would absolutely excel in the BMW.

Yes, I've got to start getting my head around the differences between you guys and people who race in the real world. J
Quote from Jay Marshall :I can't see your lap on the site, if you post it up there and its in the 12s give me a shout. J

So is 12's the benchmark for a ride/tour?
cool i'm only FIVE seconds off the pace lol
Quote from Jay Marshall :I can't see your lap on the site, if you post it up there and its in the 12s give me a shout. J

Quite good to hear I guess, still, any sort of 12 is a tough target to hit.
Quote from Bawbag :Quite good to hear I guess, still, any sort of 12 is a tough target to hit.

very hard to get... though the wr is 12.68
so how does this work then? the top 5 from the leaderboard on the site get invited down or something?

when's the closing date?
what FREAK of nature has put in a 1.12.66!!!!

Mind you I was going to cross the line with a sub 12 and we had a power cut!

why has the old WR disappeared of LFSWorld.net?
I guess you mean sub 13? (Hope rather )

The WR atm isn't very fast, on his set he uploaded on inferno it says he can do a 12.4, which is very fast indeed, but very possible.
Quote from Bawbag :I guess you mean sub 13? (Hope rather )

The WR atm isn't very fast, on his set he uploaded on inferno it says he can do a 12.4, which is very fast indeed, but very possible.

only speed freaks like you... or ppl that do like 10,000 of laps of the combo
Quote from Intrepid :what FREAK of nature has put in a 1.12.66!!!!

Mind you I was going to cross the line with a sub 12 and we had a power cut!

why has the old WR disappeared of LFSWorld.net?

You had the power cut too???

We had one in Coventry, it was only for about a second, but it set a cities worth of house alarms off! It was a surreal thing to be hearing, especially because it's silent at night...

Like something out of a film...
nah I was just playin... i was no where near a sub 12! lol
I can see where the time is available. It's pretty much all about the last and first turns... especially the last!
Quote from super_hoops1967 :so how does this work then? the top 5 from the leaderboard on the site get invited down or something?

when's the closing date?

There's no closing date, we have'nt launched yet we're testing every thing. Lets see what the fastest time is in a week say and the top two that can actually get to Fortec, can come, have a go on the set up we have here and be a tester for a day. You will not drive a real car. Sorry
sound's cool

Will u be getting footage of the people testing or will all that be in the t.v episode thingy? only asking as i'd love to see it and there aint a cat in hells chance of me cutting 5 seconds off my time lol
Quote from Jay Marshall :There's no closing date, we have'nt launched yet we're testing every thing. Lets see what the fastest time is in a week say and the top two that can actually get to Fortec, can come, have a go on the set up we have here and be a tester for a day. You will not drive a real car. Sorry

Where abouts will it actually be and when? (Like a weekend or a week day) And how much notice the the top 2 get before the actual date of this test? Just asking because a trip down to England would need some planning like getting days of work and things like that.

Thanks,
^^ show em how its done
Ouch, still lost a chunk int he last sector, but i'm happy with that.
i think i'd give this a go... though id be paddy last as usual
Quote from Bawbag :Where abouts will it actually be and when? (Like a weekend or a week day) And how much notice the the top 2 get before the actual date of this test? Just asking because a trip down to England would need some planning like getting days of work and things like that.

Thanks,

If the top three are prepared to get them selves here we will make the static sim we use is in Daventry available and you can have a look around a FBMW. Some of you guys are in other countries and I don't want to put anyone out, I'll be asking as many questions as you will.

To avoid disappointment I want to make it clear this is not a fast track to a foot in the door, every one will have to go through the process again and the psychometrics. So if you do'nt mind being a guine pig for a day we'll call 31st of jan 24:00 the cut of and either the sat or sun for the visit. I might have to postpone the process for a week but we're good at the moment.
Maybe having the end of the hotlapping atleast a week before the date you want us their is a bit fairer is it not? I'm gunna have to get a flight or drive for 5 hours and finishing work at 5 to find out that I have to be half way down England for the next morning is alot to ask from anybody.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG