The online racing simulator
Can't see on the dash in what gear i am.
(19 posts, started )
in a few cars Like XRR, XRT you can't see on the dash in what gear you are. the steering wheel is front of it. or has it something to do with rider position?
It annoys me a bit too, but I have the speedo and gears running on my screen also, not only in car, you can set them under settings somewhere.
Yes, it was a bit annoying...since that I use custom view ( wheel view )
uhm...In standart position -yes, its barely visible, but in Y patch the incar view is quite widely adjustable, and you can easily set it so, so you can see the gear number...

but I have steering wheel switched off as I already have one in my hands...
Not a bug, but it IS really annoying.
Almost as annoying that the cars even HAVE gear indicators on the dashboard. Consider yourselves lucky.
Quote from Bob Smith :Almost as annoying that the cars even HAVE gear indicators on the dashboard. Consider yourselves lucky.

Touché

This annoyed me, up until you raised this point.
Quote from Bob Smith :Almost as annoying that the cars even HAVE gear indicators on the dashboard. Consider yourselves lucky.

well my car has it , and some rally cars have it in the radio thingy (panel at the center)....since i dont see GT race a lot i cant tell you if they have
that's why you should use the nose view and not cockpit view
Quote from atlantian :that's why you should use the nose view and not cockpit view

Not all of us can drive the car with our feet on the steering wheel while laying down over the hood to view from the nose... I mean wow! Your talented... (This is a sim!)
oh, i don't lay down on the hood, i am under the bonnet, looking through the front air damn,

and i happen to hallucinate everytime i drive because i see numbers floating around, and miraculously, it's the car's stats!

lol thats treu! but when the car has gear indicators, it has to be in a position where u can see it. i can drive easaly without it, only when i'm new with a car on a track it is good to see in what gear i am ( still having a momo not a G25 where u can see in what gear u are )
dont sure, but afair gt(r) cars have gear indicators on it. at least fia gt and you can read them well

good point!
maybe remove this on road cars? exept maybe FZ5 or other "classy" cars?
Truth be told, there is no other way to tell what gear you're in. It's not like you can look down at the picture of the shift knob and be like "oh I'm in 3rd gear".
#16 - BURN
i`d say just learn the track and where you have to downshift

what annoys me is that i cant see the wheels when im in cockpit view
also annoying is that i dont see the hot chick that sits next to me
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Truth be told, there is no other way to tell what gear you're in. It's not like you can look down at the picture of the shift knob and be like "oh I'm in 3rd gear".

!!
Ever heard of using your memory? My motorcycles don't have gear indicators, I use something called MEMORY! Whoa.. Strange aint it
If you have a problem doing that............ You might want to see a doctor.

Sorry... I had to do that.
^oh, yeah
But , we need it , is not like real life

I drive mi Chevrolet Corsa (Pimped) and , i dont have a Gear number on the dash

Because i have the hand in the Gear stick and i know what gear i am just touching the stick

But in a game is not the same thing , because you dont have a gear stick next to you (ONLY KEYBOARDS´s & Mouse´s , Keypad´s USERS)

Of course , for the rich ppl who have a momo G25 with the gear stick is totaly diferent

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG