The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from mr_x :TGL is a new driver with a BMW... I don't want to know how much he's paying (or going to be) for insurance when he passes his test!!

My new cheapest quote is £1040
Most "worrying" quote I ever got from an insurance firm was "are you mad, sir!?" Was after a quote for putting a Cossie lump in a Tranny. Best quote I got was £3,400. Being 22 with 12 points, didn't help I guess

Regards,

Ian
It must be a fortune to insure in UK.
Quote from The General Lee :Always dreamed of owning a Capri on Classic Car insurance. I love Capris with a passion

Well maybe ill bring it to an LFS meet some time...and rub it in your face though you'll probably sit there laughing as i empty my pockets for a drink as all my money went n insurance
Quote from mr_x ::o fully comp?!?

Haven't checked Fully Comp yet. Doesn't seem worth it to be honest. Not yet anyway. They will just write the car off if its involved in an accident anyway.

Quote from robt :Well maybe ill bring it to an LFS meet some time...and rub it in your face though you'll probably sit there laughing as i empty my pockets for a drink as all my money went n insurance

Drinks are on me if I get a drive
Quote from The General Lee :Haven't checked Fully Comp yet. Doesn't seem worth it to be honest. Not yet anyway. They will just write the car off if its involved in an accident anyway.

may i say that if ur thinking of a 316i think again you will move faster on 2 wheels 50cc yea they are nice but they are tanks! huge to drive wont drift even if u tryed ur hardest. My mums 318i dint and her 2.5 only just managed a little one, just not enough power to move them 19inch alloys that came on it. under the weight parts are expensive, most common problems with them are that the clutches, i replaced enough of them clutch master cylinders in the time i was a greasy. brakes don't last long as they have to stop 5000000000 tuns on steal, for a first car don't recommend it

this is about the new 316i not to mention the 1.6 you will look at

the 316i is powered by the 1.8-litre engine used in the Compact, and will be sold beside the more powerful 318i. Known as Valvetronic, the 115bhp unit propels the weighty 3-Series to 60mph from standstill in 11.2 seconds and gives a top speed of 125mph. Yet in everyday driving, the powerplant can feel sluggish and it's only when the revs build that swift progress can be made.

316i M40 4 cylinder 100 HP 191 km/h 1990 - 1993 in a e36 not for the faint hearted thats some power yo
I'm not thinking about it. I have it.

Its a first car. It does 125mph. It pulls very well through the gears.

It's MORE than I'll ever need for a first car. Any faster, I'm in serious danger of killing myself.

Also, why the fcuk would I want to drift it?

The engine in mine is the M43, chain driven y0! As you said, its the same engine as in the 318. In most of the range, not just compact.

Edit: They are about a tonne. Not that heavy really.

Edit 2: Show me a 50cc that will do 125mph stock. Not even worth measuring the 0-60 times
Quote from The General Lee :

Problem there is i wouldnt be able to drive home :slap: silly boy. But yeah, maybe gotta get it on the road first!
If I went up, I would go on the Friday evening, spend Friday night in a B&B or Travel Lodge, have a few bevvies, spend Saturday with you fools, then spend Saturday night in the B&B/Travel Lodge and go home Sunday.
Hmm it's been 2,5 years since i posted my car here and in the time since 2005 i changed it quite a few times

Here's what I had between 2005 and now:

-1988 Porsche 928 S4 (sold)
-1997 BMW 520i touring E39 (sold)
-1994 BMW 318i touring E30 (sold)
-1992 Honda Legend Coupe 3.2 V6 KA8 (sold)
-1998 Opel Omega-B Caravan 2.5 V6 (sold)
-1994 Nissan 200SX 2.0 16V Turbo S14 (still here but currently not running)
-1992 Nissan Sunny GTi-R (sold)
-1998 BMW 528i touring E39 (sold)
-2003 BMW 525d E39 (still here)
-1998 Subaru Impreza GT Wagon (blown engine 7 days after purchase - gave it back to the dealer)
-1998 BMW 328i touring E36 (still here)

That makes it 11 Cars in 3 years - I think i should try and stick with what a buy a little longer in the future

Here are my current cars I still have:
Attached images
e36unde39b.jpg
525d1.jpg
7.jpg
Quote from The General Lee :I'm not thinking about it. I have it.

Its a first car. It does 125mph. It pulls very well through the gears.
S: It's MORE than I'll ever need for a first car. Any faster, I'm in serious danger of killing myself.

Q:Also, why the fcuk would I want to drift it?

Edit 1: They are about a tonne. Not that heavy really.

Edit 2: Show me a 50cc that will do 125mph stock. Not even worth measuring the 0-60 times

but how does it do on fuel(instant killer there) is it the E36? its just not a first car most people choose so.

SA: top speeds good and all but thats what it said when it was new lol, its not there today unless its being patted by some granny for years,its just slow and when u put the big wheels on it well that dosnt help! i cant even remeber the silly wheels mums had on it but they were 300 quid a tyre

A:ur a new driver ur curiosity will prevail

A 1: till u drive other cars then get back in your lounge room then u will notice it.
i used to hate driving my mums new BMW, something just wasn't right

2: u win that one lol
Quote from Dooonster :but how does it do on fuel(instant killer there) is it the E36? its just not a first car most people choose so.

SA: top speeds good and all but thats what it said when it was new lol, its not there today unless its being patted by some granny for years,its just slow and when u put the big wheels on it well that dosnt help! i cant even remeber the silly wheels mums had on it but they were 300 quid a tyre

A:ur a new driver ur curiosity will prevail

A 1: till u drive other cars then get back in your lounge room then u will notice it.
i used to hate driving my mums new BMW, something just wasn't right

2: u win that one lol

Not really sure how much of 1% knowledge you have of cars, having something driven by an old lady round town is not a good thing, engine will most likely be coked up and not serviced. Technically big wheels would help top speed (diameter, not width) just slow off acceleration a touch.

And as for point one, yes new bmw are heavy, his isnt a new bmw would say its a bit closer to 1500kg then 1000kg myself. but still light for its size by modern standards.
It's about 1250kg with "a full tank and no optional extras" - Thats what the hand book says.

On the top speed front, me and my dad had it on a "private road" and we got it up to 120mph. The sat-nav said that, my speedo isn't out

It doesn't do too bad on fuel. Its not great but it doesn't guzzle it all.

I have 17" staggered BMW wheels on mine. Running 245 on the front and 255 on the rear.

Quote :ur a new driver ur curiosity will prevail

It may do, but I won't be massively dis-heartened if I can't drift it round corners. You could call me a BMW enthusiast, I just wouldn't do it. If I considered it safe enough to do so, then I may. But it wouldn't be considered a down side if I couldn't driftz0r!!1! it.

I have driven plenty of other cars. MY BMW feels the smoothest, it not THE best to drive. IMO the pedals are too close together for my size 13 feet to handle. I have trouble getting in as the steering wheel is quite large in diameter. But I would rather be in my BMW that any of the other cars I've had the (mis?) fortune to drive.

Yes, its the e36. If you browse this thread you will see I have posted plenty of pictures.
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001 : Need a better pic :(
Quote from The General Lee :It's about 1250kg with "a full tank and no optional extras" - Thats what the hand book says.

On the top speed front, me and my dad had it on a "private road" and we got it up to 120mph.
I have 17" staggered BMW wheels on mine. Running 245 on the front and 255 on the rear.

thats how much i thought it weighed, the 1200-1300 mark. think the capri is 1080kg.
17" 255's!thats huge! nice n expensive too!
capri has 185/60/R13's at the mo diddy wheels. stil does 115+ ive been told :P
Quote from robt :17" 255's!thats huge! nice n expensive too!

Tell me about it Gotta love them though

I've actually got 245's all round. But as the rears are wider, I have a little bit of "euro stretch" going on. Looks cool if your into that sorta thing.
I was expecting you to say something about my Nova looney but i got a lucky escape
Nah mate. Gotta admire your enthusiasm for such a shite car!

We all gotta start somewhere. Some of us may get a lucky break. Your day will come
euro stretch :vomit::vomit: id prefer to go 265 or higher and have a nice bulge to the tyre or at least a vertical side. stretched cant be good for the car! ill go find a pic of a capri with a nice bulge. something like 215's or 205's on a 5" wide rim i think! I shall be back!

EDIT: original wheels here

Wider ones here

DOUBLE EDIT: pic can see the stance in that pic, looks better then stretched wheels

The back is rather nice too
Quote from robt :Not really sure how much of 1% knowledge you have of cars, having something driven by an old lady round town is not a good thing, engine will most likely be coked up and not serviced. Technically big wheels would help top speed (diameter, not width) just slow off acceleration a touch.

And as for point one, yes new bmw are heavy, his isnt a new bmw would say its a bit closer to 1500kg then 1000kg myself. but still light for its size by modern standards.

1: ive got 6 years of working on cars, plus a degree in mechanics so i wouldn't go there.

2: old ladys will most likely get it serviced more, when i worked at reno they actually brought theres in more as they like to windge more about it.

3: the bigger the diameter of the wheels will slow down the both top and start speeds, it takes longer to travel the distance that the original 15 inch steelies would, therefore without any technical words or going into it, it would slow it down but not by much. just think of a mouse running in its wheel give it a bigger one it will take it longer to get the rotation going but when its up to speed it will then maintain the speed its at more consistent rate but then slowing it down would be an issue, well not that much for a BMW as they come with decent big brakes from the start,
the car will feel smother because of its low and wide profile tyres, hence why "The General Lee" likes the drive and i can totaly reason with him on this, lets not turn this into a willy waving competitions on how much we know about cars and so on i just dint recommend that he got that car as a first. but well done mate your doing better then most at your age who dont have cars.
Funny, I always thought slapping on larger diameter wheels would make the top speed higher, given the higher circumference, thus increased travel distance per rpm of the engine. Of course the engine would have to be capable. Plus, touring cars do look better with large rims and low profile tires
Quote from CasseBent :Funny, I always thought slapping on larger diameter wheels would make the top speed higher, given the higher circumference, thus increased travel distance per rpm of the engine. Of course the engine would have to be capable. Plus, touring cars do look better with large rims and low profile tires

You are right.

Quote from Dooonster :
3: the bigger the diameter of the wheels will slow down the both top and start speeds, it takes longer to travel the distance that the original 15 inch steelies would, therefore without any technical words or going into it, it would slow it down but not by much. just think of a mouse running in its wheel give it a bigger one it will take it longer to get the rotation going but when its up to speed it will then maintain the speed its at more consistent rate but then slowing it down would be an issue, well not that much for a BMW as they come with decent big brakes from the start.

You are wrong.
Quote from The General Lee :Tell me about it Gotta love them though

I've actually got 245's all round. But as the rears are wider, I have a little bit of "euro stretch" going on. Looks cool if your into that sorta thing.

lack of traction sucks he
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG