The online racing simulator
Cool physics video
(40 posts, started )
well you guys send an E-mail to correct the guy. Along with your credentials so he bothers to read it.

i just hope you are not putting him down because he is working in games other than lfs.
If forza2 works as he said, then is a big thing to all of us. It's getting mainstream.
We are sim-racers, not lfs-racers, right?
With Pacejka, it will never work right.
thank for this video, quite interesting. About this rigofrogs example (sticks/ stones) i remember a game which had a simular if not the same game engine: 1nsane (Codemasters/Invictus) who also made CRC05 (Cross Racing Championchip).
I read an interview sometime with the Forza 2 devs where they said they dropped pacejka and made their own tyre model, that was more cpu heavy but gave better results. He claimed the importance of load sensitivity.
i wonder if you guys will email him and correct him on his misunderstandings regarding longitudinal grip?
Plasma Pong is great.
Could something like that in a more simple way be possible anytime soon? (In race sims)
Attached images
Plasmapong2.JPG
Plasma pog 3.JPG
Plasmapong.JPG
Quote :Plasma Pong is great.

It's getting better than earlier versions, but it's really still just Pong, albeit novelty Pong.

Quote : Could something like that in a more simple way be possible anytime soon? (In race sims)

Maybe. Hopefully. I'd like to ask the same. How does LFS's slipstreaming effect work now? I'm guessing it's got nothing to do with simulated fluid dynamics.

In time, you could even use something like that to rustle branches in trees and sway grass (within smaller closed spaces), but I imagine an holistic wind simulation operating over an area the size of one of LFS's tracks would probably be impossible for many years to come.
The Physics in Games - Real-Time Simulation Explained
I didn't realise Brian Beckman was involved with the tyre physics in Forza. Explains why it's half decent then. Downloading the video now...
i'm pretty sure this has been posted multiple times. but if even Bob smith hasnt seen it yet, than many others probably somehow missed those threads as well.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :You are correct. Original thread:

Thanks, merged.

Quote from PLAYLIFE :Including Bob's post in the thread:

The difference being, I'm bothering to download it this time.
Quote from RedQuad :Plasma Pong is great.
Could something like that in a more simple way be possible anytime soon? (In race sims)

I've done some of my own programming based on the "Fluid Dynamics simulation on the graphics card" papers linked to on the Plasma Pong site. Anyway long story short, even for a relatively crude model of flow, the processing power needed is fairly large. Once you start getting to large, more realistic grids, the simulation starts to become less real-time, which of course is useless for gaming.
i fell asleep:uglyhamme

and it seemed that the guy who was filming was really bored

Cool physics video
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG