The online racing simulator
2008 Season combos
may i suggest for this coming season

BL1R XRG/XFG or FE Green (rev i think)

& FZ5/RAC @ Aston Nat

Bring back the LX lets have some LX4 racing this season its always great fun .
XFR/UFR on Aston Cadet is fun.
UF1 on a small Fern Bay track is fun (high cerbes)
I also liked the formula BMW warmup race, would like to see that back (on an other track, or maybe same track and not reversed)
hey

at first i like the "Mandatory pitstop" so it would be nice if its on the season

well ..combos..

Kyoto GP - FZ5 or Formular V8

South City Chicane - Formular BMW or TBO class

i also like "FZ5/RAC @ Aston Nat" but reverse

and i hope we will have a nice season
1) KY GP in the GTR's
2) keep the offroad out. It's not propper racing (and Iam rubbish).
3) Don't put the MRT in south town as it is too easy to get stuck.
#5 - bozo
Quote from Sheepyfun :at first i like the "Mandatory pitstop" so it would be nice if its on the season

I'm not keen on that idea. I like pitstops where the racing conditions require, like due to tyre wear or fuel constraints, but not as mandatory.

With a mandatory pitstop you never really know what position you are until towards the end. It is also a method if used strategically to get a clear track rather than having close racing and overtaking on the track.
#6 - t1ger
I like mandatory pitstops - but it too late for me to explain why now!

Tim
Quote from bozo :
It is also a method if used strategically to get a clear track rather than having close racing and overtaking on the track.

well using a strategy its racing for me

and if i remember right... only 2 races in the last season we got with "a pitstop" wich was based on the fueluseage...

but...
everybody write down what he like or want here... and at the end we will see what we get @ next season

for me - i will drive so much races i can...
its not a question of...
do we have a "Mandatory pitstop"
or
do we have not a "Mandatory pitstop" :gandalf:

but i think it will be more interesting if we have one..
#8 - bozo
Quote from Sheepyfun :everybody write down what he like or want here

That's what I did

Don't get me wrong. I do like races with pitstops. Since patch Y the tyres do not last so well for some of the cars, therefore there will be some races where pitting will be necessary or advantageous in any case. I'm just not in favour of artificially saying that you must stop. If you do that and ordinarily the car would last the distance, anybody near the back of the grid would be advised to stop on lap 2, get clear track, and just push from there. Avoids being slowed by other cars in the early laps, and the risks when overtaking. Doesn't work if everyone does it though
#9 - t1ger
Quote from bozo :That's what I did

Don't get me wrong. I do like races with pitstops. Since patch Y the tyres do not last so well for some of the cars, therefore there will be some races where pitting will be necessary or advantageous in any case. I'm just not in favour of artificially saying that you must stop. If you do that and ordinarily the car would last the distance, anybody near the back of the grid would be advised to stop on lap 2, get clear track, and just push from there. Avoids being slowed by other cars in the early laps, and the risks when overtaking. Doesn't work if everyone does it though

You also have to be careful with the front runners coming to lap you as adhering to blue flags slows you down (as it did me on both warm up races)

Tim
Fact is that LFS's fuel and tyre usage system isn't that accurate yet, combine that with the fact that we usually get complaints when a race is over an hour long and that makes races where the drivers don't need to pit.

However pit stops do add extra risk elements and spice things up a little - that is why I like the idea of Mandatory stops this season too!
Quote from russraine :Fact is that LFS's fuel and tyre usage system isn't that accurate yet, combine that with the fact that we usually get complaints when a race is over an hour long and that makes races where the drivers don't need to pit.

However pit stops do add extra risk elements and spice things up a little - that is why I like the idea of Mandatory stops this season too!

+1 at least in some races
hmmmmm....isn't this thread about combos? so....
no one mentiones raceabout?
I do!!!
Well Dalibor79, your prayers have been pre-empted - event 5 (on the 1st of June 2008) will feature your request!

Welcome to the league and I hope you have fun!
Tim

2008 Season combos
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG