The online racing simulator
Rendering with 3ds max 8
(13 posts, started )
Rendering with 3ds max 8
Hey, i'm using now 3ds max and i cant really figure the tutorial at lfswiki.
i tried to fix the rim thing but it seems that all of my material ids are grey.
and i cant see the "ball" at the Material Editor.
heelppp
In the Rendering menu, click materials/map browser, and then Scene. With your material editor open at the same time, drag "mtl car_cmx (Multy/Sub Object) blah" from the materials/map browser onto one of the blobs. Choose instance when it asks you.

Now that blob should contain about 15 different things, each one a different section of the car (2 for steering wheel, the wheels, the glass, the skin, the interior and the tyres).

Then you should be able to follow the tutorial about changing the material ID of the rims of the wheel to the same as the wheel center, and bob's your uncle.

I'd say add me to MSN and I'll help, but I've had a number of rude idiots add me recently who are too lazy to learn on their own, so I have withdrawn any rendering help services until further notice (that is until you done a decent render, then I'll gladly discuss with you how you can make it better).
Quote from tristancliffe : (that is until you done a decent render, then I'll gladly discuss with you how you can make it better).

tristan.. the 3dsmax freak ...
It's sooooo addictive! On my third attempt at a helmet now, and this one's looking lovely. Not too many polys, and will look quite good. Even managed to make my new Blue Iridium visor as a material now (though I bet it looks rubbish in every other lighting scenario than the one I have now).
..dont read any of the tutorials that have been posted by LFS members (besides like external links) .. but like.. who did the brazil tutorial? its hard to understand and doesnt help at all, its best to go around and actually 'learn' what your doing then trying to understand whats going on in one of the LFS .. stuff

..if i didnt my stuff would still be looking like the cars in 'render my skin' thread
Quote from XCNuse :..dont read any of the tutorials that have been posted by LFS members (besides like external links) .. but like.. who did the brazil tutorial? its hard to understand and doesnt help at all, its best to go around and actually 'learn' what your doing then trying to understand whats going on in one of the LFS .. stuff

..if i didnt my stuff would still be looking like the cars in 'render my skin' thread

I post in there! And I'm very proud of my renders nowadays I just lack the ability/time/patience to model something from stratch, but I'll get there eventually...
thats because i showed you tutorials done by profesionals lol.. not people here that have no idea whats going on lol
Quote from XCNuse :thats because i showed you tutorials done by profesionals lol.. not people here that have no idea whats going on lol

i've been looking for good tutorials on the net.. and i can say i've tried them all.. best i found was a .pdf file named "boxmodelling_a_car.pdf" by LionTR (www.abbys.hu)
if you got any others good ones, please prv msg me
nope, thats the best one i've come across too.. but to be honest im not a box modeler lol so i didnt really do all of it, pretty much all of my modeling has been self taught so.. but ya, that nissan lion does is pretty good.. he has an odd style though for some things (ei: the shell modifing of everything practically)
Quote from XCNuse :nope, thats the best one i've come across too.. but to be honest im not a box modeler lol so i didnt really do all of it, pretty much all of my modeling has been self taught so.. but ya, that nissan lion does is pretty good.. he has an odd style though for some things (ei: the shell modifing of everything practically)

yep, i figured.. some stuff are really bizzare in his modelling techniques..
thank you all :]
tristan, would it be okay if i add you to my messenger? or ICQ?
Yes, I'd say you can, as you've been nice But I'm busy today, and I'm going to Vienna tomorrow, so don't expect much help over the coming days.
can you send me at prv your Icq number or email so i could add you ?
as you have said before i dont want people adding you without your permission...

Rendering with 3ds max 8
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG