The online racing simulator
Ability to set each AI's ability individually
It would be great if it was possible to have a field of AI drivers whose abilities could span the gamut from newbie to pro. It's kind of boring if you set up a single-car race to have all the AIs doing the exact same lap times, taking the same lines, never passing each other, etc.

It would be good if you could set up some 'ok' AIs, some 'quick' AIs, and some 'pro' AIs in a single race to get some variation. As it stands now, the setting for AI skill is global to all AIs in your race.
#2 - dev
Not really that important IMHO, but it doesn't sound like a lot of codding so:

+1
#3 - Jakg
No it's not.

You already CAN do this. Change the setting, add an Ai, change the setting, add an Ai. Notice how they are at different levels?

It used to work this way, at least...
Quote from Jakg :No it's not.

You already CAN do this. Change the setting, add an Ai, change the setting, add an Ai. Notice how they are at different levels?

It used to work this way, at least...

No, I tried this today, which is what prompted me to post the thread. I wanted a very diverse field, so I did that exact thing, but once I was in the race, I noticed that I was passing the RACs (at least one of which should have been a pro) while driving a gimped XFG. Then I added them in a different order with the last one being a pro, and I was getting killed by everyone (even the UF1s ).
Play online and experience a much more diverse field. If only we could get all the AI players online...
#6 - joen
Instead of giving the AI different skill levels I think it would be more interesting to give them different driving styles. One could drive rather "agressive" and on the limit making it generally fast but more prone to make mistakes while another might be a bit slower but making less mistakes.
#7 - samjh
Quote from joen :Instead of giving the AI different skill levels I think it would be more interesting to give them different driving styles. One could drive rather "agressive" and on the limit making it generally fast but more prone to make mistakes while another might be a bit slower but making less mistakes.

And to add to that: some AI could be very competitive and try to overtake at every opportunity, while others could be more laid back and wait for clear moments instead.
Quote from Bongle :No, I tried this today, which is what prompted me to post the thread. I wanted a very diverse field, so I did that exact thing, but once I was in the race, I noticed that I was passing the RACs (at least one of which should have been a pro) while driving a gimped XFG. Then I added them in a different order with the last one being a pro, and I was getting killed by everyone (even the UF1s ).

That's strange, because LFS can do it. In the overtaking lessons you race against 1 "Ok" AI, 1 "Quick" and 1 "Pro". And it's not just the label: there is a big difference in speed.
Didn't patch Y bring AI presets or something? I've not played with it but I'm sure I read something about that. Surely that would be the way to do it?
Quote from joen :Instead of giving the AI different skill levels I think it would be more interesting to give them different driving styles. One could drive rather "agressive" and on the limit making it generally fast but more prone to make mistakes while another might be a bit slower but making less mistakes.

Something like rF's RCD (talent) files would be great; for example:

// rFactor Talent File - Generated by rFactor Talent Editor

David McQueen
{
// Driver info
Nationality=Scottish
DateofBirth=12-11-1982
Starts=29
Poles=14
Wins=6
DriversChampionships=0

// Driver stats
Aggression=53.65
Reputation=43.69
Courtesy=75.56
Composure=1.88
Speed=93.66
Crash=62.23
Recovery=8.35
CompletedLaps=2.88
MinRacingSkill=5.43
}

Shame ISI never managed to make use of them properly in rF (for some stupidly unknown reason).. but if implemented well.. I think it'd enable much more variation

Regards,

Ian
#11 - Woz
Quote from Ian.H :Something like rF's RCD (talent) files would be great; for example:

// rFactor Talent File - Generated by rFactor Talent Editor

David McQueen
{
// Driver info
Nationality=Scottish
DateofBirth=12-11-1982
Starts=29
Poles=14
Wins=6
DriversChampionships=0

// Driver stats
Aggression=53.65
Reputation=43.69
Courtesy=75.56
Composure=1.88
Speed=93.66
Crash=62.23
Recovery=8.35
CompletedLaps=2.88
MinRacingSkill=5.43
}

Shame ISI never managed to make use of them properly in rF (for some stupidly unknown reason).. but if implemented well.. I think it'd enable much more variation

Regards,

Ian

Yep, would be good
Oh! there is AI in this game?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG