The online racing simulator
X stats.
(19 posts, started )
X stats.
Just had a peak at the X stats on my CTRA. I saw that we all filled in about 1100 reports. Its 1138 to be correct. Nothing wrong with that but then I looked at the dissmissed reports was a shock. Its 41,56 %. Thats the same as 473 reports are dissmissed.

Wich means almost 50 % off all submitted reports are dissmissed. Now mine question is are doing something wrong here ??

Are we happy reporting now or is there a flaw in the system ?.

Too me that looks a very high and unneaded if those stats are correct. Wich made me think are there that many reports that are just plane BS ?? Or are there racers who submite a report for just about anything ??.
Also, take into consideration, that in "dismissed", is included withreports that are actioned upon, but reported by mulitple people, but yes, the dismissed number is extortionately high.
Just as an aside, I believe that when multiple reports result in a lifetime ban, those following the first don't get dismissed; but as the ban is permanent, it can be applied from all reports. Examples are report numbers 275, 276, 277 and 280, all of which were the same person, all of which have been labelled 'BANNED'.

Sam
When we first started the reporting procedure we were dismissing a good 80% of the reports. The number your seeing isn't entirely accurate and nowadays it's more like a 10-20% dismissal. It's slowly been going down now for the last 6 months or so.
Hmm is acceptable 10% to 20%. Although I still think its on the high side. I just looked at mine filled in reports and all I could find are 3 submitted reports.

3 reports since the launch of X systems. And i peaked at them bcus I saved replay and they all had a ban, short or midterm. So I must done something good. But thats besides the point.

I still think do sending in reports is a last resort to get things sorted. I always try to solve it with the indivual myself. Looking at the current stats I really get the impression there are a loads of happy reporters.
Well, I think that the report option does make this server to what it is. If people behave, or even apologize, I'm fine with that and don't report.

If they start swearing or not even acknowledge their mistake, i do file a report. Since july I've filed 39 reports: 6 got dismissed, 14 got warned, 8 got cautioned, 5 short term bans, 2 mid term bans, and 2 bans for life... (EDIT: just noticed that 2 or 3 dismissed reports got banned in a another report by someone else... So it says they are dismissed but actually they're not. Check report 6603 for an example...)

That's a 15% dismissed for my reports, but 4 of my dismissed reports took place in the first week because I interpreted one rule wrongly. So leaving those out it would be a 5% dismissed.

BTW: 39 reports seem like a lot, but I'm not happy when filing a report. I only use this as a last resort to sort things out with an opponent. There is a big difference between the Race 1 servers and the rest in filed reports (stats on that would be nice ).
Quote from Mardaneus :There is a big difference between the Race 1 servers and the rest in filed reports (stats on that would be nice ).

+1 from me, it'd be interesting to see where all the reports are coming from.

More than that, it could be useful for prioritising too - if, say, it turns out that very few reports are coming out of SS2 but lots from BnJ, if a couple of reports from SS2 turn up at the same time as a few from BnJ, it would make sense to deal with the SS2 reports first; as it would seem that those are more likely to be serious issues.

Sam
#8 - SamH
It just so happens that I wrote analysis for this

Race1:
NOT SUBMITTED: 34; PENDING: 3; UNDER REVIEW: 1; DISMISSED: 231; WARNED: 117; CAUTIONED: 86; SHORT TERM BAN: 45; MID TERM BAN: 68; PERMANENT BAN: 34

Race2:
NOT SUBMITTED: 4; PENDING: 0; UNDER REVIEW: 0; DISMISSED: 29; WARNED: 11; CAUTIONED: 26; SHORT TERM BAN: 3; MID TERM BAN: 4; PERMANENT BAN: 1

Race3:
NOT SUBMITTED: 2; PENDING: 0; UNDER REVIEW: 0; DISMISSED: 3; WARNED: 7; CAUTIONED: 1; SHORT TERM BAN: 2; MID TERM BAN: 1; PERMANENT BAN: 0

RaceUFBR:
NOT SUBMITTED: 6; PENDING: 0; UNDER REVIEW: 0; DISMISSED: 28; WARNED: 13; CAUTIONED: 13; SHORT TERM BAN: 4; MID TERM BAN: 5; PERMANENT BAN: 2

Single1:
NOT SUBMITTED: 15; PENDING: 4; UNDER REVIEW: 1; DISMISSED: 78; WARNED: 53; CAUTIONED: 36; SHORT TERM BAN: 17; MID TERM BAN: 16; PERMANENT BAN: 14

Single2:
NOT SUBMITTED: 0; PENDING: 0; UNDER REVIEW: 0; DISMISSED: 2; WARNED: 0; CAUTIONED: 1; SHORT TERM BAN: 0; MID TERM BAN: 0; PERMANENT BAN: 0

Single3:
NOT SUBMITTED: 0; PENDING: 0; UNDER REVIEW: 0; DISMISSED: 0; WARNED: 0; CAUTIONED: 0; SHORT TERM BAN: 0; MID TERM BAN: 0; PERMANENT BAN: 0

BumpJump1:
NOT SUBMITTED: 8; PENDING: 2; UNDER REVIEW: 1; DISMISSED: 100; WARNED: 15; CAUTIONED: 8; SHORT TERM BAN: 26; MID TERM BAN: 18; PERMANENT BAN: 18
Woot looking at that its all happening on entry servers. Well thats good in 1 way. So at other servers people have clean up there act. Still i did see a lot of not send in yet. A lot to be honest.
Nice one, Sam

How far back do those statistics go?

Sam
#11 - SamH
They go back to the beginning of the X-System, so that's just since July.

One thing that's probably worth noting is that not all reports are unique drivers. As you know, we try to educate drivers about in-server behaviour and encourage them to "play nicely with others". What we have noted, though, is that some of those drivers who get a warning go on to pick up a caution, then a short term ban, then mid, then ultimately a permanent ban. On the positive side, the majority of drivers who pick up a warning or a caution work their butts off to avoid picking up any more.
To add up to SamH's list:

31 appeals have been filed on a total of 1154 reports. Stats of how many appeals have resulted in a change of penalty are not available 'yet', if at all possible to subtract from the website data .

29 reports have been filed in the past 7 days.
238 reports have been filed in the past 30 days.
390 reports have been filed in the past 60 days.

These stats show that the amount of reports is getting less. The wreckless drivers are getting filtered out I guess...

The top 10 most reported drivers (not necessarily most sanctioned) as of January 20th 2008 are:
[edited by Sam] Corr.. that's some webscraping! LOL! I'd prefer not to publish a top-ten

If you guys don't want these stats available, feel free to remove them or let me know.
Damn! And I always thought that Arsk4 was a nice clean driver...
where do you see these stats for people?
You can't by default. I've written myself a little program that fetched all report data from the reports lookup. Filled my own database with the data that I extracted (that way the CTRA website doesn't get a massive load), so now I can make stats for myself
I'd suggest not putting this little app as an unofficial download - LOL!
Quote from Mardaneus :You can't by default. I've written myself a little program that fetched all report data from the reports lookup. Filled my own database with the data that I extracted (that way the CTRA website doesn't get a massive load), so now I can make stats for myself

Very well done, I hope you make your services available to Sam should anyone come up with a ridiculous stats request he hadn't thought of!

Sam
#18 - SamH
I don't mind the information being extracted from the report lookup page. The reports have always been public information since the launch of the X-System, and we are happy to share both the reports and also the appeals/responses. Please don't serve up any of the content in a naming/shaming way, though. I wouldn't want to have to move the report lookup function to the inside of MyCTRA and restrict access to it.
Quote from SamH :I don't mind the information being extracted from the report lookup page. The reports have always been public information since the launch of the X-System, and we are happy to share both the reports and also the appeals/responses. Please don't serve up any of the content in a naming/shaming way, though. I wouldn't want to have to move the report lookup function to the inside of MyCTRA and restrict access to it.

Thank you for letting me pull off this stuff. I won't be posting stuff that can hurt people though. But I'll use this info as a tool when my team is recruiting, and to check when I am going to report someone. Or maybe to pull off some weird stats that I can't get from the official stats

This app won't become available for the public though. Don't have the time to keep supporting it Maybe it's possible to supply a XML feed or a webservice or something? That way you can guide the max requests per minute/hour or something. And it would make it easier to develop some neat programs... It's just an idea.

X stats.
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG