The online racing simulator
CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
CTRA race 2 server
I dont understund ... how come nobody drive on CTRA race 2 server ? all racers are on CTRA 1 ? why ?
#2 - Dru
Quote from mobiholik :I dont understund ... how come nobody drive on CTRA race 2 server ? all racers are on CTRA 1 ? why ?

I'm on Race 2 now .... but your not
I haven't been ages in race1
usually in race3
#4 - patko
wanna race in race2, but...waiting for silver!
see you soon!
Quote from mobiholik :I dont understund ... how come nobody drive on CTRA race 2 server ? all racers are on CTRA 1 ? why ?

I have the same problem.

There should be tons of people with atleast a silver license.

Maybe we are on the server at the wrong time.
I will try to have a chat with Sam to see how we can get more drivers into the T2 server, the way we have it now isn't working just right yet =)
#7 - Dru
Quote from Viper93 :I will try to have a chat with Sam to see how we can get more drivers into the T2 server, the way we have it now isn't working just right yet =)

Make the other servers less popular and less competative... the only way thats gonna happen is by ditchin the FBM and the GTR's

Which you don't wanna do....
Quote from stry90dis :No, though I believe the car classes need to be seperated. Especially on CTRA Race 2 where there are just too many and too different cars.

A logical step from CTRA race 1 with XFG/XRG would be FXO/XRT/RB4. In some sense the same as the XFG/XRG combo, but a bit more setup options and powerfull. The LX6 is just a step too big at once and it doesn't fit the rest. The RAC and FZ50, don't know, they just don't fit the picture.

If I may add, the tracks are also too big. Allthough one has some experience from Race 1 in setting up the car, the tracks at race 2 are just too complex at this stage of driver development.

My personal opinion offcourse, not facts

This what I posted in another thread are in my opinion the biggest turn-off's. Having more car classes also means there have to be more people online to have a race. 5 in one class and the other 5 in another is a boring race, especially with the big tracks. It's more like cruisin and having some car from a faster class fly by now and then.
I think the main problem is that many people still race on Race 1 even after thay have earned Silver.

Recently I've been there a few times myself and it seems the Race 1 is mostly populated by Silver and up drivers. With only a few Coppers and Bronzes in the mix.

I think this is not fair to the Copper and Bronce license holders that Silver and up filling their server.

How can a Copper get Bronze if he can't even race because the race is full? Same thing for Bronze to get Silver.

Maybe after you get Gold you should be banned from the Race 1 server. Or banned from racing there atleast.

The main argument for letting Silver and up race on the Race 1 seems to be giving advise and sets to the lower licensed drivers. This could still be done by letting higher license holders join but be spectated when a race starts.
Quote from March Hare :Maybe after you get Gold you should be banned from the Race 1 server. Or banned from racing there atleast.

The main argument for letting Silver and up race on the Race 1 seems to be giving advise and sets to the lower licensed drivers. This could still be done by letting higher license holders join but be spectated when a race starts.

:thumbsdow

The main argument for letting higher licenced drivers drive on the lower servers is because they like driving the cars.
Quote from zeugnimod ::thumbsdow

The main argument for letting higher licenced drivers drive on the lower servers is because they like driving the cars.

Then allow the XFG and and XRG on the tier two server and ban all gold and up from racing on the tier one server, or limit the space they can use on first tier.
Quote from zeugnimod ::thumbsdow

or because they cant drive the other cars so they stick to what they know but its not fair to the drivers who dont know how to drive xrg's or xfg's
Quote from Dru :Make the other servers less popular and less competative... the only way thats gonna happen is by ditchin the FBM and the GTR's

Which you don't wanna do....

Nooooo Dont drop the GTR`s. My favoruite car currently. Although I should be working on my SS license but I`m love with the GTR. Especially since I have my platinum license. Every track is so much more fun. Getting the setup right etcetra.

I havent been on race 1 for ages. I usually only connect and look at the racers there. No intention of driving there. Bcus we all been there and know how it is the earn your silver license. Its really hard work, but it seperates the commited from those who dont give a damn.

The tintop or TBO is a hardest car to drive in mine opion but nice. Although it isnt that appealing to me as a GTR. The LF cars dont have any interest of me what so ever. Never liked them as in LFS or in real life so I am not bothered with those.

5 diffenrent car classes in a server is briljant. Its gives me a kinda lemans feeling. You have to be aware of faster or slower drivers. I think its awesome. Currently I am competing in the GTTC league wicht has the TBO and GTR mixed into 1 field. And I love it. Great mix of car in 1 server. Keeps you on the egde of your seat for the whole race.

I think mizing the TBO with GTR will bring people to race on CTRA. I can already see it GTR, GT2 and teh TBO. Now that could be rather interesting.
Quote from niels1 :Bcus we all been there and know how it is the earn your silver license. Its really hard work, but it seperates the commited from those who dont give a damn.

Can't wait to get my Silver licence. Got my Bronze a week after I started seriously in the CTRA, and now I'm officially hooked. I'm very much looking forward to gaining access to the second server. In my opinion a less populated server is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm getting just a tad tired of being rammed every single time in T1 by some guy who just doesn't know how to take it easy.. with a less populated server + higher standard of racers that should be less of a problem.

By the way, are the TBO and LFR classes balanced in order to more or less equally fast and competitive, or will one of the classes just fly away at the beginning of the race, leaving the other guys in the dust?

EDIT: 100 posts!

To be fair, it's where I spend at least half my LFS time and have had some crackin' races. But yes it can be quiet at times. I find if I join when it's empty it does not take long to become populated

The other half of my time is spent on SS1 or 2. Not far to the next licence
I have (almost) never seen over 6 people on Race 2 when I've started playing, so I've just joined Race 1 that offers better close racing with full grid.

I bet there are dozens of racers like me who all think the same way, and that's why it struggles popularity.

EDIT: And when there has been people, most of them have been driving TBO class cars instead of LRF
It was very popular when it first launched, but has died quickly. I guess I know where I need to be all next week (exam week).

.. hmm, next week have 1.5x points on Race 2... that might get people driving

Simon...!
Quote from Gnomie :*snip*

By the way, are the TBO and LFR classes balanced in order to more or less equally fast and competitive, or will one of the classes just fly away at the beginning of the race, leaving the other guys in the dust?

EDIT: 100 posts!

LRF and TBO are 2 separate classes on the same server, just like you have the GT1 and GT2 classes on Race 3. Which class occupies most of the grid generally depends on who is on the server at the time, but it is a good introduction to the underused and very rewarding LRF class cars.
#20 - VoiD
Quote from Bean0 :...but it is a good introduction to the underused and very rewarding LRF class cars.

Thats true, I never drove LRF´s that much before.
But I have to say: I like it! It´s pure fun to switch between FXO and LX6...
Especially on some tracks, where all 6 cars are relatively close.
#22 - Worm
IMO, this is a bad idea to have TBO class with LX6, RAC and FZ5.
At the beginning, before the patch X this server was really amazing and fun because everyboy had a TBO car. I remember legendray race with XRT vs TBO.
Now its impossible because RAC LX6 et FZ5 disturb the good race between TBO class.That s why a lot of people dont race in CTRA race 2. Too many class on a same server are not good for the quality of races.
#23 - Dru
Quote from Worm :IMO, this is a bad idea to have TBO class with LX6, RAC and FZ5.
At the beginning, before the patch X this server was really amazing and fun because everyboy had a TBO car. I remember legendray race with XRT vs TBO.
Now its impossible because RAC LX6 et FZ5 disturb the good race between TBO class.That s why a lot of people dont race in CTRA race 2. Too many class on a same server are not good for the quality of races.

is it because there are too many classes (only 2 i think) or is it because the pace of bad LRF drivers means they run at the same pace as TBO drivers??

For instance, On Race 3 you have 2 vastly different classes and the racing there is GREAT. last night we had 20 odd people driving and its all great fun
#24 - SamH
Quote from Worm :IMO, this is a bad idea to have TBO class with LX6, RAC and FZ5.

IMO, right now, people don't race in Race 2 because of all the cars available in the CTRA, ALL of the Race 2 cars are the most difficult to drive. That's really at the bottom of it. People aren't out for a challenge. They'd rather race a sure thing than risk their shot at some points at the end of the race by driving a challenging car. It wouldn't matter if it were an LRF server only, or a TBO server only. We've proved that already. People shy away from a difficult car when there's an alternative.

Sad but, I'm afraid to say, apparently true.
Quote from SamH : People shy away from a difficult car when there's an alternative.

Sad but, I'm afraid to say, apparently true.

If that were strictly true the UF-BR server would be full 24/7

Personally i think so many CTRA drivers have raced in the TBO's over the last year that the GT2/GT servers is more popular because it's a change.

CTRA race 2 server
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG