The online racing simulator
need ur help with a choice
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Joe_R
hi...I've been an LFS demo racer for a quite awhile...but I need ur help about picking out a selection for my comp..my specs on mine terrible...intel celeron 1100mhz 512MB ram and 8mb on board graphics..yes very terrible but I was thinking about getting a 128 mb graphics card this thursday but the other hand is that my uncle said just wait until jan 24 to look for a good motherboard...but im on a budget of 200 US dollars....so should I get a new motherboard with an onboard graphics OR should I get a graphics card for the mean time? well I hope to get ur replys and advice soon
hmmm.. i think you should get a new comp.
A new motherboard on its own is useless to you. You would need new everything else to go with it.

Avoid on board graphics at all cost's..they are simply not designed for gaming.
#4 - troy
your pc seems totally outdated, you would need:

a new cpu (since lfs really is cpu hungry)
a new graphics card (dear god how could you work with 8mb onboard at all?)
more ram (512 would be the bottleneck with your new hardware)
since you probably got an old mainboard too you would have to get a recent one if you don't want to be very limited with cpu/graphics choice

so all in all save up another 200-400$ get a new cheap computer and forget about your old one, you will only regret the money spent on that granny. i also doubt you would gain a lot of performance (not to mention playing lfs on a reasonable framerate) unless you spend money on all the points written above.
#5 - Joe_R
haha ya I know my pc is old and ya the graphics is like horrible I mean I can run at least 12fps with all the graphics to a minimum and well as u can see my PC is custom built and thnx for that advice...now im gonna avoid on board graphics at ALL cost and u suggest to save another 400 bucks I mean I can pretty much get a really good setup with that...maybe I should get a MOMO steering wheel later in the year since my main concern is the PC itself....
#6 - Joe_R
also to add on to that if I save my 200 and get an additional 400 for my b day which is next month thank god I can get a good mainboard with a good performing CPU and I can get a decent graphics card that has at least 128mb of video memory and of course RAM which is a snap to buy these days.....
Quote from Joe_R :...and I can get a decent graphics card that has at least 128mb of video memory...

Don't be fooled by how much video memory a graphics card has. An 8800GT with 256mb memory is much faster than an 8500GT with 512MB.
#8 - Joe_R
hmmm well i dont really know about the graphics card memory stuff so ya lol but ya imma try to get me those new nVidia graphics card everyone is talking about.....
The first of the 9 series cards won't be out until next month or later.
hmmm well will the 9 series have any problems also.....will the 8 series still be better then the 9?
When 9 series (G100/D9E) come out, they are THE fastest videocards...
Also, why not buy an S2 license while your at it
lol ya man my main concern is gettin an S2 license ive been beggin my parents to get me 1..but i should have it by my birthday which is next month

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG